Vegeta was given so many chances in DBZ

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Re: Vegeta was given so many chances in DBZ

Post by MrGohanks » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:16 pm

super michael wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:07 pm
MrGohanks wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:50 pm
super michael wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:40 pm

I am only mentioning what was mentioned in the story. Goku chose to fight Vegeta so he stops killing, it was mentioned that Vegeta would continue killing. It was mentioned why Goku didn't kill Buu by his own words. It was mentioned by Goku why he didn't use SSJ3 against Majin Vegeta.

Goku had to teach the kids fusion for the next threat after Buu, which again Goku says it in the manga. There would be no Goku and Vegeta on earth and even Gohan (who could get revived, but doesn't train or fight).

People tries to deny that Vegeta was mostly at fault.
You aren't making any sense. Killing civilians isn't why Goku choose to fight Majin Vegeta since they could just get revived with the Dragonballs afterwards. He choose to fight Vegeta to settle the score between them, even when Shin told him not to.

Goku could have just instantly put down Vegeta with SSJ3 then teach Goten and Kid Trunks the fusion dance afterwards with what little time he had left, its that simple. Hell, even after fighting Fat Buu with SSJ3, Goku still had enough time left help the kids with fusion so there's no excuse for Goku here.
Goku can revived those that the Androids killed such as Android 20, but that doesn't mean Goku will let them. Goku still has a conscious. Do you really think that Goku enjoys seeing innocent people die?
Vegeta killed civilians to force Goku to fight, Vegeta killed about 200 people with his 1 ki attack and then he shot again. Goku was angry at Vegeta for his decision. Goku even tried to block Vegeta blast but failed.

He could have used SSJ3 against Vegeta to defeat him, but it was mentioned why he didn't it.

Going all out against Fat Buu means using more ki, which means he has less time on earth. There is no guarantee there would be time to teach them.

Notice how you never blame Vegeta, when the whole mess was his fault. I will repeat:

Vegeta got possessed, just to get a power boost even if that helps Babidi.
Vegeta killed innocent people just to force Goku to fight him.
Vegeta battled Goku in his possessed form knowing any damage he did would sense energy to Buu.

Vegeta could have defeated Babidi and Dabura first and then fight Goku. Heck Vegeta could have taken over Gohan fight to finish Dabura.
Goku never revived anyone killed by the Androids, what are you talking about?

There is no reason ever given for why Goku didn't just use SSJ3 on Vegeta. When Vegeta himself calls Goku out for hiding SSJ3 when he comes back, Goku doesn't even try to explain himself. You are giving Goku excuses that Goku himself never uses lol.

After fighting Fat Buu with SSJ3, Goku still had about 3 hours left of time on Earth, but he choose to burn it all up by turning SSJ3 again in front of Goten and Kid Trunks. So that excuse you made doesn't work either.

And I never said Vegeta isn't to blame for anything, only that Goku is equally to blame.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:32 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:16 pm
super michael wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:07 pm
MrGohanks wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:50 pm

You aren't making any sense. Killing civilians isn't why Goku choose to fight Majin Vegeta since they could just get revived with the Dragonballs afterwards. He choose to fight Vegeta to settle the score between them, even when Shin told him not to.

Goku could have just instantly put down Vegeta with SSJ3 then teach Goten and Kid Trunks the fusion dance afterwards with what little time he had left, its that simple. Hell, even after fighting Fat Buu with SSJ3, Goku still had enough time left help the kids with fusion so there's no excuse for Goku here.
Goku can revived those that the Androids killed such as Android 20, but that doesn't mean Goku will let them. Goku still has a conscious. Do you really think that Goku enjoys seeing innocent people die?
Vegeta killed civilians to force Goku to fight, Vegeta killed about 200 people with his 1 ki attack and then he shot again. Goku was angry at Vegeta for his decision. Goku even tried to block Vegeta blast but failed.

He could have used SSJ3 against Vegeta to defeat him, but it was mentioned why he didn't it.

Going all out against Fat Buu means using more ki, which means he has less time on earth. There is no guarantee there would be time to teach them.

Notice how you never blame Vegeta, when the whole mess was his fault. I will repeat:

Vegeta got possessed, just to get a power boost even if that helps Babidi.
Vegeta killed innocent people just to force Goku to fight him.
Vegeta battled Goku in his possessed form knowing any damage he did would sense energy to Buu.

Vegeta could have defeated Babidi and Dabura first and then fight Goku. Heck Vegeta could have taken over Gohan fight to finish Dabura.
Goku never revived anyone killed by the Androids, what are you talking about?

There is no reason ever given for why Goku didn't just use SSJ3 on Vegeta. When Vegeta himself calls Goku out for hiding SSJ3 when he comes back, Goku doesn't even try to explain himself. You are giving Goku excuses that Goku himself never uses lol.

After fighting Fat Buu with SSJ3, Goku still had about 3 hours left of time on Earth, but he choose to burn it all up by turning SSJ3 again in front of Goten and Kid Trunks. So that excuse you made doesn't work either.

And I never said Vegeta isn't to blame for anything, only that Goku is equally to blame.
First of all when would Goku have time to revive anyone, when he was in a coma thanks to his heart virus? When Android 20 killed innocent people, when would he get the Dragon Balls?
Goku did bring back the Dragon Balls when they were gone, thanks to Piccolo merging with Kami. He brought it back so everyone that dies or died can get revived.

Here is Goku exact quote and incase it is unreliable here is the chapter and page number:

Chapter 504 page 10/13
Goku - Sorry. There was a limit on that stage. I wanted to save it for an emergency.

You claim I am making excuse, well guess what I am not. You are choosing to ignore manga statement.

Goku had more time since he held back, if he went all out that would use more ki. Using more ki = less time so he would be out of time faster. Heck even Kaio wanted Goku to stop fighting, so there is time to teach Goten and Trunks.
Long battle + more energy used = less time on earth.

Goku doesn't get equal blame, since the whole mess was thanks to Vegeta. Vegeta gets majority of the blame.

Like I said Goku wasn't responsible in Vegeta turning evil, Goku isn't responsible in being forced to fight him to stop killing. Goku isn't responsible in getting sucker punched by Vegeta and he isn't responsible in Vegeta crashing the Potara two times.

You try everything possible to make Goku look horrible in DBZ, while trying to make Vegeta look good. Saying they are both equal is just not true at all.

If Vegeta wasn't involved then Buu wouldn't have got revived.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:05 am

Zephyr wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:45 pm Goku and Vegeta both have some culpability in Boo getting released, because they were ultimately both more interested in having a good fight with each other than stopping Boo from getting released. Vegeta let himself get possessed in order to get a leg up, and Goku held back. Vegeta started killing people just to get Goku's attention since the Boo thing had post-poned their fight, and Goku humored him.

Yeah so again, Goku has 0% culpability in Buu’s release.

Vegeta has 100% culpability in Buu’s release .

Like it’s not up for interpretation or anything, it’s facts that transpired in the story. Those facts are:

Vegeta decided to let himself be possessed. That's it.
Whatever anybody did AFTER that, how they approached in solving Vegeta’s mess, is irrelevant, obviously, because none of that would’ve happened had Vegeta not become possessed in the first place.
And I don’t really get what’s flying over people’s heads about this notion cause it's not in the least complicated.

It’s like, the guy who sets the house on fire is 100% to blame. No, not 50%, and the rest is on the person who pissed that guy off, or on the firemen who were unable to put it out in time. No, the responsability is fully, 100% on the guy who made the choice to set the fire. Whatever issue he had in his mind is not anybody’s problem and how well other managed to appease the problem he originated, is irrelavant too.

Vijay wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:43 am
dva_raza wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:59 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:39 pm Buu was released because Goku took damage. That's how it works, the majin have to deal damage to the heroes, (not the other way around) Goku had SS3 in his backpocket, it would've made impossible for Geets to touch Goku. Again, Goku was the one that screwed up, here.

All in all, Goku had at least two chances to put an end to the Majin threat, greater chances than Vegeta ever had.
He could've used SS3 to oneshot Vegeta and prevent Babidi from gathering the energy he needed, and he could've killed Fat Buu, preventing the Earth from getting destroyed, and spare the immature kids the pressure of having to save the world, something they were not prepare to do at all.
No, Buu was released because Vegeta decided to get possesed. Just that.
Vegeta is 100% responsable for Buu's release.
Saiya6Cit wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:03 pm He allowed to get possed cause Goku was not fighthing him.
Uh..no.
Goku was fighting him. They were going to fight at the tournament after resolving the situation, which they were seconds away from doing.
Vegeta allowed himself to be possessed because he realized he wouldn't win, so he cheated his way into power, he literally said it himself
Its just me. I actually think Goku was responsible for existence of Majin Arc. If he made 80% of it, Gohan & Veggie were abt 10-20%

Think abt it. Goku decided to stay @ Otherworld to keep Earth save. Dude came to Earth 1 day. And the entire landscape changed.

U got Gods, Magician, Demon King, Majin, whatnot. Gohan got his energy stolen which was not his fault. And it filled close to HALF of Majin's tank

While SSJ2 Goku's damage energy frm Majin Vegeta filled nother HALF. And he had SSJ3 at disposal, yet preferred to have inexperienced, immature kids to save Earth frm Majin Buu

Nt blamin Goku for anythin. Just sayin, he shares as much if not more than Vegeta for Majin's ressurection

Lol.. don't know how to say this without sounding rude Vijay but absolutely none of that makes any sense whatsoever and your mentality is creeping me out.

Your logic is Goku just coming to earth means he gets the partial (or even the most) blame for Vegeta deciding to be possessed and compromise the world's safety (for no reason)?
..Wtf..?
You mean, because he was THERE?
That is some awsome victim blaming you guys!

Again, Vegeta’s choice to be posessed was his own, fully. Don’t be dragging Goku into that. That’s as nonsensical as blaming a person for “BEING there” when someone decided to assault them. Saying “well, but why didn’t you perform better in resolving that situation?” or - “why were you even there to provoke the other person? If you haven’t been there none of that would’ve happened, so you’re partially to blame, IF NOT MORE"..... like.. wha..?

Imagine being given the opportunity to have ONE day to spend with family and friends on this event, making the time to help resolve a world threatening situation, then have a dude whos obsessed with you sabotage all of that, leave you to resolve HIS mess... AND you also get blamed for it on top of it!
Very gross logic. Hilarious too, because of how off the charts nonsensical it is. But gross nonetheless.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am

My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened. But nope, Goku didn't want to hurt poor widdle Vegetas feelings. It's about 60% Vegeta for starting the nonsense, 40% Goku for consciously choosing not to finish it.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:19 am

But SSJ3 wasn't even a thing yet. Toriyama hadn't come up with that. So if it's just SSJ2 Goku versus SSJ2 Vegeta, then it's more like 50/50 responsible. As it always should be. Goku and Vegeta are like two sides of the same coin. They both bring out the worst in each other. Majin Boo is a consequence of that.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:29 am

MyVisionity wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:19 am But SSJ3 wasn't even a thing yet. Toriyama hadn't come up with that.
Um yeah, that's meta stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the story. Looking at the story as it is, Goku had Super Saiyan 3 in his back pocket and abstained from it instead - Toriyama not having come up with it yet is irrelevant. New information puts previous content in different context.
Cold World (Fanfic)

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:35 am

@ dva_raza

Yo, I'm Goku fan myself. Even I felt Toriyama purposely brought Goku into the main story (1 day pass) in order for him to play major role. And yes, he did most work compared to any other chrcter. All he wanted was to have fun @ TB.

Whatever Gohan & Vegeta did were trivial to Goku's. Had Vegeta actually succeeded in finishin off Fat Buu with his sacrifice, that would've been a diff story

Comically, just had this thought. Had Goku really wanted to avert or at least hold his fight with Vegeta, he could've easily IT Vegeta frm Earth to some distant planet. Settle the score with Babidi, Dabura, prevent Buu's ressurection. And THEN, Instant Transmission Vegeta back to Earth & have their fight.

Again, nt blaming Goku or anythin. Just embracing the quality of Toriyama's story-telling right here.

Vegeta had his reasons. He wouldnt have been able to fight Goku otherwise unless he takes matter into his own hands. Get power-boost, provoke Goku, matter solved. He gets his fight of his life. Dont u get it? Like...whats so hard here

Charcters arent all good. Even Gods themselves in DB franchise make mistakes. Frm Karin, Kami, Kaio to Kaioshin..chracters do have flaws. And thats part of their charm that fuels arguement for ages.

I can see you like Goku. Thats cool and all. Just sayin, DB has always centered around Goku. Frm heyday Mt. Paozu days till EoZ..lookin at that frm that perspective, just occured to me that Toriyama did indeed planned to involve Goku in Majin Boo's ressurection

And as a user posted, its ironic how Saiyan veterans Goku & Vegeta were responsible for Majin Buu's awakening. And these 2 guys were the one that finished off him for good. Almost poetic.

So, chill...

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:13 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:29 am
MyVisionity wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:19 am But SSJ3 wasn't even a thing yet. Toriyama hadn't come up with that.
Um yeah, that's meta stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the story. Looking at the story as it is, Goku had Super Saiyan 3 in his back pocket and abstained from it instead - Toriyama not having come up with it yet is irrelevant. New information puts previous content in different context.
It has everything to do with the story. By the time SSJ3 came around it didn't matter who was responsible for what. Boo was already hatched, and the story had moved past Goku versus Vegeta. The only way you can determine who was responsible for what is to look at the plot during the time it occurred. And we know that Goku and Vegeta were supposed to be equal in power at that point in time, both in the story and outside the story.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:16 am

MyVisionity wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:13 am
It has everything to do with the story. By the time SSJ3 came around it didn't matter who was responsible for what. Boo was already hatched, and the story had moved past Goku versus Vegeta. The only way you can determine who was responsible for what is to look at the plot during the time it occurred. And we know that Goku and Vegeta were supposed to be equal in power at that point in time, both in the story and outside the story.
Okay? Finding out Goku was hiding a form means we can go back and say him withholding an instant fix makes his responsibility greater - and the story itself even reframes this with Vegetas anger over being patronized, Gokus flimsy excuses, and his later admission he could've even beaten Buu when he had the chance.
Cold World (Fanfic)

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:21 am

MyVisionity wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:13 am
I actually kinda agree with your point & certainly see where you're coming frm

It was 50/50 both in terms of power as SSJ2 & contribution to Majin's awakening

Goku havin SSJ3 form up his sleeve...well, Goku legit said he didnt wish to even change/transform into that state. His "fight" was stalling

Its safe to assume, Goku learnt frm Perfect Cell 7 years ago not to reveal FP unless its a do or die situation, of which itself isnt that big of a deal for Goku cuz he's a dead guy & Afterlife was paradise

Goku knew of the form's downsides, plus it seemed more like he wanted to utilize SSJ3 only in absolute world/universe-saving moment like how SSJ2 in CG was. So u cant blame him either. Its his choice

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:39 am

Yeah, the addition of Super Saiyan 3 definitely makes Goku culpable in the revival of Majin Boo. It's a very awkward addition because it contradicts Goku's own stated desire to finish the fight as quickly as possible. But there we are. It does exist. He does (most likely retroactively) have it in his back pocket. That he chooses not to use it despite knowing he needs to avoid taking damage is stupidly negligent no matter how you look at it.

As for the fire analogy above, I find it a little reductive. Sure, if a firefighter does all they can to save my house and just can't, of course that's not their fault. However, if I lose my house to an otherwise manageable fire because the firefighter in question decides to completely forego the use of the powerful hose on his truck because he decides this 12 ounce bottle of water will do the trick, then, yeah, I think the firefighter bears some of the responsibility for being an arrogant, negligent jackass who should know better!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:49 am

Vijay wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:35 am @ dva_raza

Yo, I'm Goku fan myself. Even I felt Toriyama purposely brought Goku into the main story (1 day pass) in order for him to play major role. And yes, he did most work compared to any other chrcter. All he wanted was to have fun @ TB.

Whatever Gohan & Vegeta did were trivial to Goku's. Had Vegeta actually succeeded in finishin off Fat Buu with his sacrifice, that would've been a diff story

Comically, just had this thought. Had Goku really wanted to avert or at least hold his fight with Vegeta, he could've easily IT Vegeta frm Earth to some distant planet. Settle the score with Babidi, Dabura, prevent Buu's ressurection. And THEN, Instant Transmission Vegeta back to Earth & have their fight.

Again, nt blaming Goku or anythin. Just embracing the quality of Toriyama's story-telling right here.

Vegeta had his reasons. He wouldnt have been able to fight Goku otherwise unless he takes matter into his own hands. Get power-boost, provoke Goku, matter solved. He gets his fight of his life. Dont u get it? Like...whats so hard here

Charcters arent all good. Even Gods themselves in DB franchise make mistakes. Frm Karin, Kami, Kaio to Kaioshin..chracters do have flaws. And thats part of their charm that fuels arguement for ages.

I can see you like Goku.
Thats cool and all. Just sayin, DB has always centered around Goku. Frm heyday Mt. Paozu days till EoZ..lookin at that frm that perspective, just occured to me that Toriyama did indeed planned to involve Goku in Majin Boo's ressurection

And as a user posted, its ironic how Saiyan veterans Goku & Vegeta were responsible for Majin Buu's awakening. And these 2 guys were the one that finished off him for good. Almost poetic.

So, chill...

Irrelevant. Whether you or me are fans of Goku.
I'm just talking about facts in the story and none of what you said addressed anything I said.

Do you have a response for this?

(And I am chill btw)

Vegeta decided to let himself be possessed. That's it.
Whatever anybody did AFTER that, how they approached in solving Vegeta’s mess, is irrelevant, obviously, because none of that would’ve happened had Vegeta not become possessed in the first place.
And I don’t really get what’s flying over people’s heads about this notion cause it's not in the least complicated.

It’s like, the guy who sets the house on fire is 100% to blame. No, not 50%, and the rest is on the person who pissed that guy off, or on the firemen who were unable to put it out in time. No, the responsability is fully, 100% on the guy who made the choice to set the fire. Whatever issue he had in his mind is not anybody’s problem and how well other managed to appease the problem he originated, is irrelavant too.

jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3
Same thing.
I mean really, do you have a response to the point I am actually talking about above?
Because it kinda seems like it was ignored here.

That nothing that happens after Vegeta chose to get possessed matters regarding culpability cause none of those things would even be happening had Vegeta not been possessed? Basically Buu was supposed to be eliminated in minutes before it got sabotaged by Vegeta.

As for why Goku didn’t end the fight quickly it can be interpreted in different ways but the most obvious to me seems that since he didn’t know to which extent ss3 would consume his time on earth, he hadn’t done it before, he was being cautious.
He didn’t know how exactly events would transpire, he simply didn’t want to risk leaving earth unprotected.
Also, he DID think he would not need it to beat Vegeta, which is more reason for him to not use it unnecesarily, once he realized it wasn't the case too much time had passed already and it was too late. But there isn't a right or wrong choice. He made the one he thought was best with what he knew at the moment under pressure

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:14 am

Goku says that he wanted to finish the fight as soon as possible. Had he gone SSJ3, there wouldn't have *been* any fight. So it wasn't an option, because regardless of what was happening with Majin Boo, Goku *wanted* to fight Vegeta. SSJ3 would have taken that away.

Either way, they are both equally responsible. They are both battle maniacs who typically put the fate of the world behind having a fight. Goku only comes away looking better because he's the protagonist and Vegeta the antagonist. But if you look past the surface they are both to blame.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:20 am

Gaffer Tape wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:39 am As for the fire analogy above, I find it a little reductive. Sure, if a firefighter does all they can to save my house and just can't, of course that's not their fault. However, if I lose my house to an otherwise manageable fire because the firefighter in question decides to completely forego the use of the powerful hose on his truck because he decides this 12 ounce bottle of water will do the trick, then, yeah, I think the firefighter bears some of the responsibility for being an arrogant, negligent jackass who should know better!
I missed this.
Yeah, all of that is valid but my point is that this topic isn’t about “how well was Vegeta’s mess managed by everyone else" . The topic is about Vegeta doing evil things and getting rewarded despite them.
And Vegeta did in fact did evil things in the Majin Arc, for selfish reasons, and how correct/effective or not Goku handled that situation is irrelavant in regards to Vegeta’s selfish, evil actions.

I basically just disagree with the notion you all seem to share that the person who failed to appease something that was iniciated by another, shares the blame.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:23 am

dva_raza wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:49 amsnop
If Goku transformed, there wouldnt have been any later danger to worry about. He would have either beaten Vegeta in one punch, or given the latter's tendency to fold like a deck of cards that were shuffled too hard when he's met his match, reduced him a blubbering catatonic mess who was definitely gonna cry in the car. Buu wouldn't have been revived, Gohan would have surely killed Dabura and Goku had faith in him to do as such, and if his time shrunk down to say 15 minutes he would have still had enough time to save a whole bunch of money on his Nimbus insurance by switching to Geico.
Cold World (Fanfic)

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:28 am

MyVisionity wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:14 am . Had he gone SSJ3, there wouldn't have *been* any fight.
Had Vegeta not sabotaged the operation when they were minutes away from ending it, there wouldn't have been any fight either

jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:23 am
If Goku transformed, there wouldnt have been any later danger to worry about. He would have either beaten Vegeta in one punch, or given the latter's tendency to fold like a deck of cards that were shuffled too hard when he's met his match, reduced him a blubbering catatonic mess who was definitely gonna cry in the car. Buu wouldn't have been revived, Gohan would have surely killed Dabura and Goku had faith in him to do as such, and if his time shrunk down to say 15 minutes he would have still had enough time to save a whole bunch of money on his Nimbus insurance by switching to Geico.
Ok again, that is hardly relevant of the point I'm making.

The main point is (again)
That nothing that happens after Vegeta chose to get possessed matters regarding culpability cause none of those things would even be happening had Vegeta not been possessed? Basically Buu was supposed to be eliminated in minutes before it got sabotaged by Vegeta.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:31 am

dva_raza wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:28 am
MyVisionity wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:14 am . Had he gone SSJ3, there wouldn't have *been* any fight.
Had he gone SSJ3, there wouldn't have *been* any fight.

jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:23 am
Ok again, that is hardly relevant of the point I'm making.

The main point is (again)

I hate to break it to you, but if your response to somebody's mess actively makes the mess worse, then you take responsibility, too

I'd elaborate further but Gaffers analogy is sufficient enough.

Vegeta started the problem, and Goku chose to indulge it knowing it would help the enemy, when he could have just stopped it and saved the day entirely.
Cold World (Fanfic)

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:11 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:31 am I hate to break it to you, but if your response to somebody's mess actively makes the mess worse, then you take responsibility, too

Vegeta started the problem, and Goku chose to indulge it knowing it would help the enemy, when he could have just stopped it and saved the day entirely.

Well no, actually, in real life you don't put on the same lane the person who made the decision of creating a world threatening mess and theone who didn't make the right choices in stopping it. The only person who would actually suffer consequences is the one who started the fire not the ones who didn't make the right choices in stopping it.
If it was actively done like you say, to try to exacerbate the situation then that's a totally different scenario and then sure, they are accomplices and therefore share the blame, but that's not what happend.

He didn't abstain from going ss3 against Vegeta for any ill intended motive.
You say he would've stopped every single issue just by doing that because you know what happened in the story.
In Goku's situation it can be totally unclear.
What if there was something else or larger coming that Shin didn't know of, what if just by going SS3 the time would be consumed immediately because he didn't do it right, what if Vegeta doesn't let him transform as much as you want to assume that Vegeta would want to see it, Goku doesn't know that. And preventing any of that was what he went for

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:21 am

dva_raza wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:11 am
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:31 am I hate to break it to you, but if your response to somebody's mess actively makes the mess worse, then you take responsibility, too

Well no, actually, in real life you don't put on the same lane the person who made the decision of creating a world threatening mess and theone who didn't make the right choices in stopping it. The only person who would actually suffer consequences is the one who started the fire not the ones who didn't make the right choices in stopping it.
If it was actively done like you say, to try to exacerbate the situation then that's a totally different scenario and then sure, they are accomplices and therefore share the blame, but that's not what happend.

He didn't abstain from going ss3 against Vegeta for any ill intended motive.
You say he would've stopped every single issue just by doing that because you know what happened in the story.
In Goku's situation it can be totally unclear.
What if there was something else or larger coming that Shin didn't know of, what if just by going SS3 the time would be consumed immediately because he didn't do it right, what if Vegeta doesn't let him transform as much as you want to assume that Vegeta would want to see it, Goku doesn't know that. And preventing any of that was what he went for
The motive doesn't matter. If you know you can fix a problem and choose not to, then you inaction (or inbthisbcase, sort of action) is partially responsible.

And no, there's no way in hell Goku would EVER think that the guy who threatened to kill Bulma if she prevented the Androids' creation and also let Cell become perfect would actually try to STOP him from transforming. Cmon now. That wasn't even worth the thought. Goku and Vegeta are wired exactly the same in that regard.
Cold World (Fanfic)

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:39 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:21 am The motive doesn't matter. If you know you can fix a problem and choose not to, then you inaction (or inbthisbcase, sort of action) is partially responsible.
The motive actually matters in real life, a lot. It's what makes the difference between who is included in being judged for any sort of crime. And it matters in this context where the reason why Goku was put in that situation in the first place was for something exterior to him.
And no, there's no way in hell Goku would EVER think that the guy who threatened to kill Bulma if she prevented the Androids' creation and also let Cell become perfect would actually try to STOP him from transforming. Cmon now. That wasn't even worth the thought. Goku and Vegeta are wired exactly the same in that regard.
You mean just like Goku should know that Vegeta would find it offensive if Goku didn't go full force on him? Cause it kinda seemed like he didn't. He seemed oblivious about it until Vegeta actually told him