Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by capsulecorp » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:28 pm

Interesting leak if true, although I sort of wish I hadn't seen it. Is this thread meant to be spoiler free?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:38 pm

I sorta want it to happen.

Raditz is the brother of the MC of Dragon Ball and got barely used on it. This would fix that mistake.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:49 pm

Jord wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:47 pmIf Gero filmed all of Gokus fights he should have known where Raditz body was after his fight and could have send for someone to retrieve it.
Yeah, like I said, plenty of workarounds. And if people of Earth can create time machines, then they certainly can create something to keep Raditz's body from ever decomposing. But the question is: why would anyone keep Raditz body for over twenty years?

I so hope this is real, Raditz is one of the very few from a very short list of past characters who should come back. He needs love, he needs justice. He needs all the spotlight he can get.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:50 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:49 pm
Jord wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:47 pmIf Gero filmed all of Gokus fights he should have known where Raditz body was after his fight and could have send for someone to retrieve it.
Yeah, like I said, plenty of workarounds. And if people of Earth can create time machines, then they certainly can create something to keep Raditz's body from ever decomposing.

I so hope this is real, Raditz is one of the very few from a very short list of past characters who should come back. He needs love, he needs justice. He needs all the attention he can get.
Doesn't Bulma use some machines to store everyone who died to King Piccolo? Or was that on the Saiyan arc with Yamcha and Co.?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:15 pm

capsulecorp wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:28 pm Interesting leak if true, although I sort of wish I hadn't seen it. Is this thread meant to be spoiler free?
It would be nice if spoilers could be put in spoiler tags, at least. I'm just gonna assume that that leak is fake for now since practically nobody is talking about it around the web and all, but when actual leaks show up, which they will, it would be great to not just get them thrown at us without warning.
Also, Gotenks apparently still having purple hair despite Trunks changing to blue is... odd. I wonder how that happened, though I guess maybe they just forgot to update that part of the design, or they forgot about the connection, or maybe it's just that merch. Anyway, strange.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:04 pm

Not really surprised with Gotenks still having purple hair: it's been like this ever since the first volume of the DBS colored manga.
Kid Trunks has blue hair from the get-go in the DBS manga, yet Gotenks fighting Beerus has purple hair in the very same chapter.

A weird choice indeed, but not a surprising one since the first surprise was in the colored manga and so it seems to be the rule to leave Gotenks' purple hair in place in all cases, manga and anime alike.

You'll just have to consider it's a side-effect from the fusion, coming up with its own altered hair color just like it randomly alters the shape of the hairstyle when you think about it (Gotenks's hair shape is completely unrelated to Goten and Trunks' original hairstyles after all).

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:15 pm

This is the same movie that will seemingly feature Piccolo changing the color of his belt upon transforming into Ultimate. I don't think there's supposed to be any consistency about colors.
ZombieVito wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:50 pmDoesn't Bulma use some machines to store everyone who died to King Piccolo? Or was that on the Saiyan arc with Yamcha and Co.?
I can barely remember what happened, but at any rate, those characters were dead for what? Days? Weeks? Placed in regular coffins?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:32 pm

fleahop wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:59 pm Honestly, why would they move his body though? That's not really something I could imagine the gang doing.
They had Capsule Coffins to preserve the body after the King Piccolo incident. And regardless of being an enemy, Raditz was Goku's only known blood relative. Plus, most of the time their enemies don't leave behind remains and most of those that died weren't at the hands of the Z-fighters.
Also, I believe she replicated the armor off of Vegeta's after they began living together. Do we believe they stripped Raditz's corpse? I can understand her grabbing the scouter off his face but stripping him seems odd.
It's alien technology, much like the space pods. She may not have personally stripped his body, but it would be something they'd do to learn more about their enemy. And when it comes to the armor, you can never have too many examples.
Another thing, Raditz being sealed away by Gero/RR totally makes sense.
Why would it make sense? It makes no sense for him to have the body and not do anything with it when he had the chance. Why instead go with 17&18 when he didn't trust them to obey his orders?
It would be odd if they didn't retrieve his body tbh. Why not use his body? Why not use Cold's?
What do you mean "they"? Gero was literally on his own with his own secret labs as he was meant to be the last remaining remnant of the RRA. And Cold was completely destroyed by Future Trunks. There wasn't a corpse left for them to use.
Maybe they understood human physiology much much better. Maybe a dead candidate is very hard to resurrect and use. Maybe Ki isn't connected to the body but the soul? Maybe he never actually died and they managed to retrieve his body but couldn't control him? Who knows?
He had a gaping hole in his chest. Goku received the same treatment. Raditz doesn't have senzu beans or a healing factor of any kind. Raditz was dead. There's no question of that whatsoever. Especially not since Goku asks King Yemma if he encountered Raditz and Yemma confirms he did and sent him down to Hell. And no argument about physiology is going to work when Gero was able to combine the genetic information of several aliens and humans together to create Cell. Clearly he could understand their physiology enough to do just about anything he needed to.
There's a million reasons and we truly have no way of knowing at the moment which one it was.
This just sounds like an excuse to justify creatively bankrupt decisions that don't make any narrative sense.
The bigger picture here is that it doesn't really matter narratively. Raditz being presented now is arguably more impactful than during the Android arc. Either way, it's a neat idea if real. It doesn't take away from the previous arcs at all in my opinion. It's a pretty cool idea that I'm sure they'll butcher if it comes down to it. I'm along for the ride anyway.
It does matter. There's no bigger picture to having Raditz back now. It won't be narratively more impactful. Not in the slightest. Not when everyone anyone even had a slight inkling for have already all been making appearances in Heroes. The only thing this does is give the impression they're going to do a Bio-Raditz instead of Bio-Broly. And how's that any better? The only reason why Raditz should ever come back is if after the nonsense that's been going on in the Manga leads Goku to actually using the Cerealean Dragon Balls to bring Raditz back to life so Goku can make up with his brother, who is now far weaker than them to the point Raditz has no hope of ever catching up. That's it. And fans have already told that story.

Before you add or remove anything, you always need to ask whether or not it fits into the story, whether it breaks an of the worlds internal logic and whether it'll have an impact on events that've previously occurred or will occur very soon. When you do none of these things it only shows that you don't care about any of these things.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:25 pm

There's a much clearer image actually:

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:35 pm

Pkjoan wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:25 pm There's a much clearer image actually:
Still looks shitty, I can't say if it's CGI or not. The more I see it, the less I believe it's real.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:45 pm

My avatar’s be waiting for this day…

Seriously I’m not sure I can deal with this if it’s dumb and this is coming from a guy who’s had a SSJ4 Raditz avatar for years…

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:16 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:32 pm They had Capsule Coffins to preserve the body after the King Piccolo incident. And regardless of being an enemy, Raditz was Goku's only known blood relative. Plus, most of the time their enemies don't leave behind remains and most of those that died weren't at the hands of the Z-fighters.
I don't see any reason why they would have done that. The lack of evidence here leads me to believe they didn't. As doing so would completely close off further story opportunities with no additional characterization. Regardless, I think we may just have a difference in how we see Bulma's characterization specifically.
It's alien technology, much like the space pods. She may not have personally stripped his body, but it would be something they'd do to learn more about their enemy. And when it comes to the armor, you can never have too many examples.
That may be logical, but is ultimately neither here nor there. It's not seen to be happening and the only time she begins to show off the armor is after Vegeta has lived with her for years. This is Dragon Ball which is known to not think about such things so far in advance. It's technically possible, but I'd argue implausible.
Why would it make sense? It makes no sense for him to have the body and not do anything with it when he had the chance. Why instead go with 17&18 when he didn't trust them to obey his orders?
It makes sense because wouldn't the mad scientist retrieve as much alien DNA as possible? Especially if that alien DNA is the ultra-powerful (at that time) brother of his nemesis? Also, IF this turns out to be a real leak, there are numerous reasons. What if Raditz was worse or what if his dead body was unusable? Again, there are a ton of reasons that they could make work. I'm not claiming the reasons are necessarily good. All I am saying is that Toei/Tori has several options available to them.
What do you mean "they"? Gero was literally on his own with his own secret labs as he was meant to be the last remaining remnant of the RRA. And Cold was completely destroyed by Future Trunks. There wasn't a corpse left for them to use.
"They" as in RRA and/or Gero. We aren't sure how long the RRA has been operating in secret. It could have been for decades. We don't know yet.

Also the Cold thing, I guess it's implied he's vaporized since we don't see the body. I always assumed his body was around since pieces were used by Gero and that Frieza withstood unbelievable amounts of punishment, but it being vaporized could work. I doubt Toriyama considered/cared to think about it.
He had a gaping hole in his chest. Goku received the same treatment. Raditz doesn't have senzu beans or a healing factor of any kind. Raditz was dead. There's no question of that whatsoever. Especially not since Goku asks King Yemma if he encountered Raditz and Yemma confirms he did and sent him down to Hell. And no argument about physiology is going to work when Gero was able to combine the genetic information of several aliens and humans together to create Cell. Clearly he could understand their physiology enough to do just about anything he needed to.
Totally forgot about the Yemma quote (not that that's stopped them before) but yeah he's most definitely dead. As for the second part, that's just not true. While Cell is an amazing creature, he could have gained that knowledge over time after giving up on a project of resurrection to Raditz. We never see Gero resurrect a creature, and the physiology could have been too much a few years prior. Or he could've dropped the project after seeing Frieza/Cold in action. They can use any/all of these justifications.

It does matter. There's no bigger picture to having Raditz back now. It won't be narratively more impactful. Not in the slightest. Not when everyone anyone even had a slight inkling for have already all been making appearances in Heroes. The only thing this does is give the impression they're going to do a Bio-Raditz instead of Bio-Broly. And how's that any better? The only reason why Raditz should ever come back is if after the nonsense that's been going on in the Manga leads Goku to actually using the Cerealean Dragon Balls to bring Raditz back to life so Goku can make up with his brother, who is now far weaker than them to the point Raditz has no hope of ever catching up. That's it. And fans have already told that story.

Before you add or remove anything, you always need to ask whether or not it fits into the story, whether it breaks an of the worlds internal logic and whether it'll have an impact on events that've previously occurred or will occur very soon. When you do none of these things it only shows that you don't care about any of these things.
We totally disagree on this one. This is possibly the best time for Raditz to come back. Goku in the manga just learned something very significant (avoiding spoilers) that would possibly make him see his brother differently. Not to mention his time with King Kai giving him a history on Saiyans, then fighting and sparing Vegeta. Avenging his race and defeating Frieza (twice). Becoming actual friends with Vegeta and watching him have a true change of heart. He even ended the last movie with telling Broly to call him Kakarot which is a clear indicator that he's accepting more of his heritage. Raditz coming back to a peaceful Vegeta, a Super Saiyan "low-class" brother, a resurrected Frieza that's only half a threat...it's a neat thing to see. Does he even need to be powerful OR a threat? I don't think so. Could they make him that way? Sure, powerscaling hasn't mattered in a very long time.

Now may be the best time to bring back Goku's brother, as he is a non-threat and Goku may actually want to interact with him. The android arc wouldn't have been a great time, as Vegeta was still pretty evil and Goku was out of the picture. Additionally, he knew nothing about his family and hadn't accepted his heritage yet. This is a much better time. Another great reason is because outside of the logic of DB, they weren't considering this at all (they still may not be as this could be just a shop). All I'm saying is that it's more impactful if he was to come back now and they can use several justifications for it.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:11 am

I was fine with Raditz staying dead, but Minus/DBS: Broly turned what happened between the brothers more of a tragedy. Goku was sent to Earth not to conquer it, but to get off of Frieza's radar. So when Raditz shows up, he completely misreads the situation, thinking Goku had shirked his responsibilities. And because this is Goku's first experience with a Saiyan, he rejects his heritage. Maybe if Raditz knew the truth, things would have been different.

But now, in the Granola saga, Goku is finally learning about his father. He's reconnecting with his family, in a way. It's just a shame, though, that they didn't previously adapt the manga's story to animation, because they probably won't even reference the manga's events, so the context there will be lost.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:44 am

The villains better come up with a good reason as to why and how they managed to acquire Raditz's dead corpse.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:05 am

Have ya’ll just… never used the spoiler button feature before?

Also I am like 99% sure that’s fake. The second image of Carmine is just an edited image of this render…

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:57 am

The fact that the sharper version of the image aligns perfectly with the blurry one (without any stretching or image rotation), makes me certain it's fake.

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:21 am

fleahop wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:16 pm
Zelvin wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:32 pm They had Capsule Coffins to preserve the body after the King Piccolo incident. And regardless of being an enemy, Raditz was Goku's only known blood relative. Plus, most of the time their enemies don't leave behind remains and most of those that died weren't at the hands of the Z-fighters.
I don't see any reason why they would have done that. The lack of evidence here leads me to believe they didn't. As doing so would completely close off further story opportunities with no additional characterization. Regardless, I think we may just have a difference in how we see Bulma's characterization specifically.
That may be logical, but is ultimately neither here nor there. It's not seen to be happening and the only time she begins to show off the armor is after Vegeta has lived with her for years. This is Dragon Ball which is known to not think about such things so far in advance. It's technically possible, but I'd argue implausible.
It makes sense because wouldn't the mad scientist retrieve as much alien DNA as possible? Especially if that alien DNA is the ultra-powerful (at that time) brother of his nemesis? Also, IF this turns out to be a real leak, there are numerous reasons. What if Raditz was worse or what if his dead body was unusable? Again, there are a ton of reasons that they could make work. I'm not claiming the reasons are necessarily good. All I am saying is that Toei/Tori has several options available to them.
"They" as in RRA and/or Gero. We aren't sure how long the RRA has been operating in secret. It could have been for decades. We don't know yet.

Also the Cold thing, I guess it's implied he's vaporized since we don't see the body. I always assumed his body was around since pieces were used by Gero and that Frieza withstood unbelievable amounts of punishment, but it being vaporized could work. I doubt Toriyama considered/cared to think about it.
Totally forgot about the Yemma quote (not that that's stopped them before) but yeah he's most definitely dead. As for the second part, that's just not true. While Cell is an amazing creature, he could have gained that knowledge over time after giving up on a project of resurrection to Raditz. We never see Gero resurrect a creature, and the physiology could have been too much a few years prior. Or he could've dropped the project after seeing Frieza/Cold in action. They can use any/all of these justifications.

We totally disagree on this one. This is possibly the best time for Raditz to come back. Goku in the manga just learned something very significant (avoiding spoilers) that would possibly make him see his brother differently. Not to mention his time with King Kai giving him a history on Saiyans, then fighting and sparing Vegeta. Avenging his race and defeating Frieza (twice). Becoming actual friends with Vegeta and watching him have a true change of heart. He even ended the last movie with telling Broly to call him Kakarot which is a clear indicator that he's accepting more of his heritage. Raditz coming back to a peaceful Vegeta, a Super Saiyan "low-class" brother, a resurrected Frieza that's only half a threat...it's a neat thing to see. Does he even need to be powerful OR a threat? I don't think so. Could they make him that way? Sure, powerscaling hasn't mattered in a very long time.

Now may be the best time to bring back Goku's brother, as he is a non-threat and Goku may actually want to interact with him. The android arc wouldn't have been a great time, as Vegeta was still pretty evil and Goku was out of the picture. Additionally, he knew nothing about his family and hadn't accepted his heritage yet. This is a much better time. Another great reason is because outside of the logic of DB, they weren't considering this at all (they still may not be as this could be just a shop). All I'm saying is that it's more impactful if he was to come back now and they can use several justifications for it.
No, that was just one your English dubism. He only said that his name is Goku or Kakarotto, but he didn't tell anyone to specifically call him that way.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:10 am

I assume this must be the Dragon Ball Kai version of Raditz where he was only burned by Piccolo. I don't see a gapping hole in his gut.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:21 am

At first I thought this was dumb but actually he was the only villian who left behind a body at a time when Goku was being monitored by gero.

If it's real the stomach hole isn't a lot hole. He's presumably be cloned or repaired. Him being dead isn't an issue. I assume he's a clone or a sorta cyborg.

If it's a Gohan and Piccolo centred movie it's kinda neat that this is their first villian and fight together I dunno.

With gohans kid being kidnapped like he was.... I just think it's kinda clever.

As someone else pointed out people who wanted raditz back in the past were silly but there is now retroactively more depth and drama since minus and granollah.

Feels like maaaybe the raditz in heroes and raditz mention in the manga and focus on the past might be related to the present...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:36 am

I'll probably have to stop coming here to avoid spoilers. All I'll say is if this Raditz thing is real, they REALLY should have adapted Granola first. It's a little awkward anyway, since it's supposed to take place after that story. Whatever happens in the manga, I know it won't be acknowledged in any way in the movie.