Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Grimlock » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:46 am

Raditz wrote:Bhuahahaha. Happy to see me again, Kakaroto? I'll have my revenge!
Goku wrote:In fact, I am! I just told some random dude that you tried to kill me a while back. Not only that, I finally remembered our parents! And you were wrong, I wasn't sent here to kill everyone in this planet. Bardock saved me!
Raditz & General Audience wrote:What the hell are you talking about, brother!? :crazy:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:15 pm

I hope this Raditz reveal is real! I would love to see what kind of dialogue there is between the characters.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:42 pm

I'm surprised to see so many people here taking a blurry screenshot "leak" seriously enough to discuss it for two forum pages, especially one posted so long before the theatrical release.

Anyway, it's fake. For the Carmine image, they used this exact piece of official art and then slightly tweaked the face.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:53 pm

Can't speak for everyone, but I think it's not just the image anymore. The idea of bringing Raditz back is good enough, and with people wanting him back, anything, true or false, will most likely generate a discussion.

The context is valid too, we actually don't see what happened to Raditz' body after Piccolo kills him. We are just led to assume it stayed right over there lying on the ground. So if they want to use Raditz for something, they can.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:21 pm

So, Raditz for Super Hero, huh? Most likely a fake, as people have pointed out, but I will say that'd be one hell of a way to get a discussion going, huh?

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:19 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:32 pm Before you add or remove anything, you always need to ask whether or not it fits into the story, whether it breaks an of the worlds internal logic and whether it'll have an impact on events that've previously occurred or will occur very soon. When you do none of these things it only shows that you don't care about any of these things.
But.... no, wait..... given that we know so little of the movie's story so far, you have to admit that it's hard to know how successful this idea could possibly be. And while I personally am tired of exploring Goku's saiyan past, it's just flat out wrong to imply that doing so "breaks the worlds internal logic".

Unless you mean the very concept of reviving Raditz breaks the "internal logic" of the Dragon World? That can't be what you mean though, this is a world where even Freeza has returned to life.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:56 pm

While it probably is fake, what's makes it less real to me is that they are not taking into account what happens in the manga, with Bardock and all that.

So, having Raditz and at the same time pretending Goku never had his Bardock moment seems... odd, to say the least.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:27 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:53 pm The context is valid too, we actually don't see what happened to Raditz' body after Piccolo kills him. We are just led to assume it stayed right over there lying on the ground. So if they want to use Raditz for something, they can.
-Muten, wtf is that thing on your beach?
-That? An alien corpse. Is there since... how much? Years so far? He doesn't decompose and I'm using it as a bench.
-Ow, very valid. Why not simply bury him?
-I dunno, maybe one day a BRAZILIAN KID WILL MAKE A PHOTOSHOP and lure people into thinking RR will use him. And feel the thing valid.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:13 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:56 pm While it probably is fake, what's makes it less real to me is that they are not taking into account what happens in the manga, with Bardock and all that.

So, having Raditz and at the same time pretending Goku never had his Bardock moment seems... odd, to say the least.

The movie is not referencing the manga whatsoever.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:33 pm

You never know, these are the same movies that keep mentioning "Vegeta's brother" again and again...

... Who the hell is Vegeta's brother!?

~ Day of the Machines ~

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:25 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:33 pm You never know, these are the same movies that keep mentioning "Vegeta's brother" again and again...

She transitioned, hence why we never see her on screen. She turned out to actually be Vegeta's sister!

So proud of her! Too bad Gokuu and the others are so transphobic and never invite her over. :thumbdown:
She/Her
bisexual milf

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:27 pm

Pkjoan wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:13 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:56 pm While it probably is fake, what's makes it less real to me is that they are not taking into account what happens in the manga, with Bardock and all that.

The movie is not referencing the manga whatsoever.
Did you see the movie already

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:51 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:33 pm You never know, these are the same movies that keep mentioning "Vegeta's brother" again and again...

His name is Tarble and he has a beautiful wife and he loves her and we treat him with respect.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:30 am

capsulecorp wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:51 pm

His name is Tarble and he has a beautiful wife and he loves her and we treat him with respect.
Omg I forgot all about this. Probably the PTSD

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:47 am

The image is probably fake but even Raditz could be a good antagonist for this movie.
Don't forget Toryama's first message:

https://gametimers.it/wp-content/upload ... riyama.jpg

He said "unexpected character", and technically he is :lol:

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:55 am

TheMikado wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:30 am Omg I forgot all about this. Probably the PTSD
To save Julie the trouble, "lets not joke about PTSD, its a serious condition that affects a lot of people".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:55 pm

capsulecorp wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:55 am
TheMikado wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:30 am Omg I forgot all about this. Probably the PTSD
To save Julie the trouble, "lets not joke about PTSD, its a serious condition that affects a lot of people".
I didn't comment on that post specifically because I think that TheMikado is referring to their own PTSD. I won't tell someone how to deal with their personal PTSD because people have different ways dealing with that sort of thing.
She/Her
bisexual milf

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:22 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:55 pm
I didn't comment on that post specifically because I think that TheMikado is referring to their own PTSD. I won't tell someone how to deal with their personal PTSD because people have different ways dealing with that sort of thing.
Oh, no, that was just a joke. They were implying they got PTSD from watching the Tarble special.

I can imagine not enjoying that special if you don't appreciate the fun, light hearted side of DBZ but suggesting that it could actually cause PTSD is a dramatic minimization of how serious PTSD can be.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:25 pm

capsulecorp wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:22 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:55 pm

Oh, no, that was just a joke. They were implying they got PTSD from watching the Tarble special.

I can imagine not enjoying that special if you don't appreciate the fun, light hearted side of DBZ but suggesting that it could actually cause PTSD is a dramatic minimization of how serious PTSD can be.
I didn't catch that. My first thought was "Yeah, my PTSD fucked up my memory, too, I can't even remember, like, 99% of my life let alone stuff I've seen!"
She/Her
bisexual milf

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:44 pm

Two things:

(1) Please keep it on-topic.

(2) It's apparent what the motivation and trends are behind the individual reporting certain posts by specific other people. Don't think for a second it's not.

Thank you!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::