Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Lionel » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:54 am

Is there an explanation for the strength of the Gamma duo or is it similar to the reasoning for the Cell arc's quintet? Dr Hedo may be a gifted scientist but I don't think he would have been held back from collaborating with Red Ribbon unless he's an up and coming professional who was too young to be involved with the affairs of the RRA back many years ago. Is he brighter than Gero?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:22 am

Kataphrut wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:35 am It seems like Gammas don’t have English voices in Legends. I guess it’ll be a while before we hear any news about the movie dub.

It’s a far cry from back when DBS was airing and every new character had their English debut in Xenoverse 2. Some like the U6 and FT characters were cast like a year out from their appearance on the show. Hit even had a completely different voice actor.
Well, you do remember what Xenoverse 2 did with Goku Black, right? They didn't have a clue what the character was like, so they gave him a gruff sounding voice. They thought the name "Goku Black" sounded dark, so they gave him a deep voice. Then the anime came out, and they were like, "Oooooh. He's supposed to sound pompous and high class, like Zamasu. Oops!" Then they corrected it.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:42 am It kinda blows my mind that they released Gamma 1 and 2 as mute characters for the English dub version of Legends. :lol:
They're not mute. They have their original Japanese voices. I assume they'll change that once the dub is finished.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:14 am

Lionel wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:54 am Is there an explanation for the strength of the Gamma duo or is it similar to the reasoning for the Cell arc's quintet? Dr Hedo may be a gifted scientist but I don't think he would have been held back from collaborating with Red Ribbon unless he's an up and coming professional who was too young to be involved with the affairs of the RRA back many years ago. Is he brighter than Gero?
Science

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:35 pm

Did we need an explanation when Gero turned a couple of ordinary teenagers into androids with more power than a Super Saiyan? Before then, the strongest android was #8. That was a pretty big leap.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:13 am

Very surprised to come here and not see the thread flooded with comments regarding that V jump spread thats talking about Gohans growth, and his and Piccolos relationship. The reason I'm surprised is because it mentions the Moro arc taking place before Super hero. It also shows their relationship through the original manga too.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:21 am

Sora Saiyan wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:13 am The reason I'm surprised is because it mentions the Moro arc taking place before Super hero.
It's safe to say that V-Jump will acknowledge manga events because that's where it releases, but Toei's advertising campaign won't. Now whether the movie itself actually will, who knows :lolno:

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:25 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:21 am
Sora Saiyan wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:13 am The reason I'm surprised is because it mentions the Moro arc taking place before Super hero.
It's safe to say that V-Jump will acknowledge manga events because that's where it releases, but Toei's advertising campaign won't. Now whether the movie itself actually will, who knows :lolno:
I haven't got a horse in this race, but people usually love talking (arguing) about this stuff so it just seems odd not seeing a post about it here.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:24 am

Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:14 am
Lionel wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:54 am Is there an explanation for the strength of the Gamma duo or is it similar to the reasoning for the Cell arc's quintet? Dr Hedo may be a gifted scientist but I don't think he would have been held back from collaborating with Red Ribbon unless he's an up and coming professional who was too young to be involved with the affairs of the RRA back many years ago. Is he brighter than Gero?
Science
ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:35 pm Did we need an explanation when Gero turned a couple of ordinary teenagers into androids with more power than a Super Saiyan? Before then, the strongest android was #8. That was a pretty big leap.
How about furnished science sourced out from the Freeza Empire in order to stir up pandemonium for Goku and Vegeta? You have a broader connection to outlying narrative threads plus a new dimension added to the Freeza/Z-Warrior conflict (occasionally co-belligerents but generally opponents). It probably won't happen but it's fun to brainstorm.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:27 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:21 am
It's not a surprise the article saying it takes place after Moro, given the year that saga is supposed to take place and the fact that Pan appears as a baby in it. But as Granolah saga presents a timeskip of several months, it would have been very "curious" if they had said that the movie takes place during that timeframe.

Imagine the movie or V-Jump itself acknowledging Moro saga but not Granolah saga... Utter chaos ensues!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:51 pm

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun May 01, 2022 4:32 am

I hope robo magenta fights fat Gotenks

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Sun May 01, 2022 7:06 am

Cellbros...have we been BTFO by the MagentaCHADS?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun May 01, 2022 7:30 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:32 am I hope robo magenta fights fat Gotenks

I hope there's more versions of Gotenks.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sun May 01, 2022 7:35 am

SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:51 pm
Well crap, isn't that a spoiler?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sun May 01, 2022 9:32 am

I guess Magenta is the one that goes in to the machine to get stronger so he can fight Gohan and Piccolo

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun May 01, 2022 11:43 am

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:32 am I guess Magenta is the one that goes in to the machine to get stronger so he can fight Gohan and Piccolo
Nah, it's still gonna be a new character. The way Dr. Hedo was scared of the machine certainly seems like a new being will emerge out of it.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon May 02, 2022 2:02 am

If it was Cell that appeared TOEI would have already spoiled, just like how they spoil forms and surprised for every movie.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon May 02, 2022 2:53 am

Jord wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:02 am If it was Cell that appeared TOEI would have already spoiled, just like how they spoil forms and surprised for every movie.
To be honest there IS plenty of Cell merchandise and promotion happening now. We just don't know if it has to do with this movie.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon May 02, 2022 4:41 am

Magenta doesn't strike me as a main villain, I think he will be either a pawn or sub boss somewhere on the way in a sense, hey, we developed these exoskeletons to be able to fight you guys (unless you shoot a ki blast on our heads) and bam, Magenta is down.

So far, we are led to believe that this will be laidback movie, focused on lesser threat and involving Gohan and Piccolo, who are proclaimed as weaker than the protagonist duo (and Broly), but I believe that the machine will produce something sinister for the guys to fight.
Unless they really wanna break the shonen formula of coming with stronger and badder oponents every time.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon May 02, 2022 4:51 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:53 am
Jord wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:02 am If it was Cell that appeared TOEI would have already spoiled, just like how they spoil forms and surprised for every movie.
To be honest there IS plenty of Cell merchandise and promotion happening now. We just don't know if it has to do with this movie.
Good point you have there. There is perhaps a small chance then.