Elec being a surprisingly decent villain.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Elec being a surprisingly decent villain.

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:55 pm

Granolah arc is full of things that are degrading me but to be fair Elec as a villain is pretty good even better than moro... I mean
The villain that conquers worlds is boring that even cell made fun of it in the original manga... so seeing moro doing it was repetitive, especially with the continuous references in his battles to other namek sagas, cell or Android arc they made him unoriginal as a copy of several previous villains
Elec on the other hand is not powerful on his own, he does not have transformations or abilities of that type so he uses his intelligence, followers and manipulation to achieve his own goals... which is quite interesting... his worldly attitude reminds me of the first DB villains but much more serious Even using his own family as weapons makes it even better.

I don't know what your opinion is :think:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Elec being a surprisingly decent villain.

Post by Xeogran » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:58 am

He's fun but I'm worried that his biggest moment might just be shooting Granolah, since the arc is supposed to end soon.

I'd rather have him survive beyond this arc, but it seems impossible because Granolah has to get payback for his mom.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:34 pm

It's a serious take on Pilaf. The schemer that's not strong on fightings but have a plan.
He could lead to interesting stories, and due the quite sudden end of the arc, I really doubt his story will end here. He'll probably escape and be the lead for the next arc.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:20 pm

He was pretty cunning, even though his schemes took a turn to the obvious when he wished for Gas to be stronger than Granolah. Sadly I don’t think he’s surviving this saga, he, Oil and Maki will probably get killed as collateral damage like powerless goons do (Piccolo falling on Piano and killing him, anyone?).
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:13 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:20 pm He was pretty cunning, even though his schemes took a turn to the obvious when he wished for Gas to be stronger than Granolah. Sadly I don’t think he’s surviving this saga, he, Oil and Maki will probably get killed as collateral damage like powerless goons do (Piccolo falling on Piano and killing him, anyone?).
I think that could be good for potential character development of Gas tbh
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:57 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:13 am
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:20 pm He was pretty cunning, even though his schemes took a turn to the obvious when he wished for Gas to be stronger than Granolah. Sadly I don’t think he’s surviving this saga, he, Oil and Maki will probably get killed as collateral damage like powerless goons do (Piccolo falling on Piano and killing him, anyone?).
I think that could be good for potential character development of Gas tbh
I was actually thinking of them accidentally being too close when Granolah/Goku finally vaporizes Gas as a hurried way for Toyo and AT to clean everything up, but It’d be interesting to see Gas walk away swearing revenge. If anyone is to live beyond this saga I’d rather it be Elec though.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:12 pm

I don't think Gas will walk out of this alive. Unless Elecc's wish came with a small print that takes away or does something to his power that is the greatest ever. Who knows? maybe he will live and retire to some lost planet, like Thanos. I doubt Granola or Vegeta would be happy with leaving him alive somewhere.

I feel the rest will go to prison, Macky and Oil particularly, they are the less agressive of the bunch, and they would just look great with cuffs. Gas is the brawn, Elecc is the brains. Elecc should get killed by Granny, though. But the M&O haven't done much to deserve death, and seem to be weak enough to get arrested by Jaco or Merus.

Nistarkail
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nistarkail » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:26 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:12 pm But the M&O haven't done much to deserve death, and seem to be weak enough to get arrested by Jaco or Merus.
The things we know so far about them:

- Monaito said that "pre-wish" Granolah could not compete with Frieza whose power level was 530.000 or maybe a bit less during his invasion.

- Pre-wish Granolah wanted to know Frieza's location and try to face him. Even if blinded by his vendetta, surely he trained hard in order to go far beyond the standards of his tribe.

- Elec was sure that Oil could easily beat Granolah (who in fact became "crazy strong" even prior of his awakening). So, to be Elec so confident standard, pre-wish Granolah managed to reach 300.000-350.000, while Oil around 200.000.000 and Maki 250.000.000*.

*South Kai said to Goku that guys like Frieza could be easily oneshotted by him. Post-wish Granolah is far above than South Kai, and even being the strongest mortal in U7, he did not K.Oed Oil with one attack. So these power levels are basically the one of Final Come Frieza multiplied x2.

I'm sure that Oil and Macki are just above guys like Zauyogi or fused Hiwaza-Hiwaza-Miza whose great strength was muted by only one blow from Base Goku.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:41 am

I think Elec makes for an interesting villain because he's a unique twist on what a villain should be. Instead of valuing power above all else, he values intelligence and uses that to his advantage by manipulating others for his own benefit and establish relationships with others to further his own control over the world. It's a breathe of fresh air since his avenue to power hinges on the intel he can gather and the relationships he can make with others. A villain doesn't need to be strong to be compelling.

I'm curious about whether or not he will betray his family as family seems to be a big theme within the arc. Gas condemns Goku for not having memories of his father when family is everything Gas can hold on to. Elec betraying Gas would be a huge wake-up call for him.

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:33 pm

I'm curious what his end goal will look like.
Will Elec end up being a new deity?

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Sun May 01, 2022 3:21 pm

Super Murjin wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:33 pm I'm curious what his end goal will look like.
Will Elec end up being a new deity?
he's going to punished by having to become zuno's intern for 100 years

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:11 pm

Whatever his last errand that he had to do after he wished Gas to be the strongest

Nistarkail
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nistarkail » Mon May 02, 2022 3:19 pm

I'm really curious to know how Gas trained in the past. Maybe thanks to some knowledge, Elec coached him to death or perhaps he exploited his brother's will to improve and appear as number 2 or 4!

But surely he will have a one-to-one with Frieza and Saiyans. Judging from his body and race, he's hiding his power! Let's see what will happen.