Anyone had a Dragonball-related dream?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Anyone had a Dragonball-related dream?

Post by AnzuMazaki » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:17 pm

Anyone dreamt about Dragonball?

I had this dream last night that in the FUNi dub Dragonball GT Yamcha spoke and he paniked and vasked Valese (Paresu) if they could go out.

and we all know he never spoke since that filler party at Bulmas in the anime or when Goku destoyed Majin Buu in the manga.

So anyone else had a dream about Dragonball?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:29 pm

I haven't, but I've only been a fan for a few years. It's funny though, I think of Dragonball at least once a day and I'm always waiting for the one night when I dream about it, oh well, maybe someday. On another note, I know Mike has had some gnarly ones (i.e. Cell cooking some human flesh in his house, or something like that) that he's talked about on a podcast or two.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Never about Dragonball, per se, but I have had dreams where my friends and family replaced the main characters of Dragonball and my friends and I were superpowered martial artists in Dragon World.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:55 pm

I've had a few dreams where I've had the powers of Dragonball. The most recent one being where I just couldn't get the hang of flying, no matter how hard I tried. But I could fly.Then, when I tried to show my friends my ability, I couldn't do it anymore. :x
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:05 pm

Yes. I once dreamed that I assembled all tobacco, alcohol and drugs ever produced into a gigantic ball in space, and launched an energy beam at it to make it all disappear, once for all.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:12 pm

sangofe wrote:Yes. I once dreamed that I assembled all tobacco, alcohol and drugs ever produced into a gigantic ball in space, and launched an energy beam at it to make it all disappear, once for all.
I take it you are anti-drug?

Anyway, I never have Dragonball related dreams.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:51 pm

sangofe wrote:Yes. I once dreamed that I assembled all tobacco, alcohol and drugs ever produced into a gigantic ball in space, and launched an energy beam at it to make it all disappear, once for all.
I had a dream that you were doing that, and it took me one powerful dragon fist to knock you down, and then it rained alcohol, tobacco, and drugs evreywhere, thus the world was saved from people who think like you.
Last edited by ultimateemail5000 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrkaizoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by mrkaizoku » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:07 pm

I had a dream recently that 'Cell' (he was an asian guy that was approximately 8' tall and painted like a Kabuki guy other than that his costume was very accurate) was being interrogated on "Bones". He had apparently murdered a baby. It was very strange.

dowlingusa

Post by dowlingusa » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Big Momma wrote:I've had a few dreams where I've had the powers of Dragonball. The most recent one being where I just couldn't get the hang of flying, no matter how hard I tried. But I could fly.Then, when I tried to show my friends my ability, I couldn't do it anymore. :x
Hah! Weird. I had a similar dream where I could only fly sometimes, and it took a crazy amount of concentration...that I didn't have. It was really weird but after I flew for the first time, I turned SSJ and blew up a castle. Why? I don't know.
"I said you smell like toenails!!!"

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:07 am

I have very vivid dreams that I usually remember, before going to sleep last night I had pills, lots of Chocolate, my favourite Cola drink and Lunch, so I was gonna feel sick of course.

Last night I had a dream like I couldn't remember what any anime series was like, and I know it's not totally about Dragon Ball, but I'd like to show you how strange my dreams are.

First I was Kira Yamato, I heard that the captain of the Archangel was in the trouble so I did a very Akira/Eva like thing and oozed into the walls, saved her from Zeon forces, for some reason, then I was a shower head in the women's showers, watching Kira Yamato talking to some naked girls, then I was Asuka from Evangelion, I went to were I saw the showers and it was like a narrowish hallway, I went up some part that no one had been, it was lightish, full of holes, but I heard a heavy breathing down there so I went back into the hallway, I met up with Hikari outside Nerv headquarters, for some reason Nerv HQ was a big boat, then I fell off the scaffolding and turned into Kaworu, and some kid was hitting me on the head with a frizbee on a string, and there were balls involved too some how, and I said "Hey... you shouldn't do that..." and became Dark Yugi from Yugioh, and played some elaborate game with the items, then the kid turned into flames, then I became myself and went to my secondery school (Which I left a few years ago) and went to the media room, and it was like a comic book shop, run by the guy who runs my local comic shop, then I went to lay in a corner reading some dirty comic, and looking at some dirty racing DVDs (?!?!?) sort of dozed off for a while, only still awake, then some girls came over and sat around me, one almost on me, and they started talking to themselves, after a while I screamed and they didn't even blink, then I moved and the one sitting on me was startled, then I looked around the comic shop and it looked like class was starting so I left, and the comic book guy was a teacher. Then I went to some second hand sale going on, and I was wearing a Kame-sennin orange gi! Then I started watching some bizarre puppet show called the Last Gypsy, which every one laughed at. Then I stood up, and bellowed out "KINTO'UN!" and flew away on a cloud, and everyone was stunned, so they started following me, which was annoying. Then I met up with Piccolo and Gohan and said "Lets get some food!" and we went to meet Chichi at Goku's house. Except it was Kid Chichi from early Dragon Ball which made no sense because Gohan was like a teenager.

As far as I remember, that was the last half of the dream. And I woke up startled to, I can't remember why.

Storm
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:39 am

None that I recall, but probably due to watching Dragonball...in any dream...and I mean any dream...I can fly at will. Like, I go, "oh, it's a dream, I can fly!" and go wherever my subconscious takes me. Very interesting.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:49 am

I had one a couple of weeks ago. I was standing in a room filled with dead bodies. Vegeta was stood there too. Freeza was coming, so I had to lie down with the bodies and pretend I was dead so he wouldn't find me (Vegeta did the same). It was damn scary. Dream? No, it was a nightmare. :shock:

And I had another one where I had all the Z powers, but for some reason I gave them to Mr.Satan...

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:38 am

I've had many Dragon Ball dreams, but I can't remember any of them at the moment. . . It's been awhile.

Still, good stories guys. :lol:

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:52 am

I have severals of pages of notes on my various DB-related dreams. So I guess the answer is "yes". I usually wind up trying to make enough sense of them to get a storyline that I can work into a fanfic... it's taken about ten years for me to get one chapter online that I'm remotely satisfied with. :lol:

Highlights include a giant green creature stepping on Goku and turning him to crap, #18 trying to convert Videl to a cult that worships Vegeta's corpse, the time I tried to fight General Blue by throwing Kento'un at him, and this one fanfic-inside-a-dream where Mr. Satan found some powerful artifact that turned him into an evil meglomaniac, so he used his new powers to telekinetically pull Pan out of her private canoe (she and Bra were both going to meet their parents or something) and onto his ship, which was surrounded by various security vessels... then plotting to go after Gohan and Videl while Tien and Krillin helped Kamesen'nin find something he dropped in a barrel of cream...
... Oooh, and Goku Vs. Trogdor. That was fun.
And that time Buu was running around 'Da Shop' doing the "Me eat you up!" dance and I freaked out and smacked him across the parking lot, and he's all like, "Hey, what'd'you do that for?" And then Babidi shows up and turns him evil and he blows stuff up.
Oooh, and that one with zombie Namekians! (which incidentally was rather long and confusing... and at one point chibi Gohan splattered paint all over a hotel room...).

I'd better stop. :lol: Well, there was that time Goten and...
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:30 am

Raki wrote:
Yes, and I'm proud of it.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:21 am

Recently I had a dream that I was buying a bunch of Dragonball Merch.

And woke up all disappointed when I didn't actually have any..

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:48 am

I'm always having Dragonball Z related dreams, Usually its about me being attacked or chased by something or someone. (Usually a person with a gun) and then I concentrate and fly away. Sometimes I actually feel this electricity kind of feeling when I am trying to attack.
I've also had the same dream several times, When I jump down the stairs and fly :shock:

Its pretty cool actually!
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:41 am

Yes. Yes I have.

There is some level of decorum here, however, so I shall not go into details. :D

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:53 am

I had a dream I was hanging out before the Tenkaichi Budokai and eating dinner with Goku as Vegeta scowled at me...very short dream.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:06 am

sangofe wrote:
Raki wrote:
Yes, and I'm proud of it.
What the hell are you? A christian scientist? :lol:

This post made on nintendo DS!