Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:09 pm

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:13 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:04 pm The franchise has been getting new talented character designers like Naohiro Shintani and Chikashi Kubota to upgrade the visuals. Now it's time to get better writers because this cleary ain't it.
:D they day they kick Toriyama out is the day HFIL freezes over (even though new talented writers are needed BADLY)

Dragonball now has become like a sort fast food franchise more than any other series ever in anime imo:

• Most people seem to enjoy it until it's pointed out how bad it is
• Change to the formula in any shape, form or fashion is STRONGLY resisted at ALL levels
• If there is a “change” it’s only a variation of what we’ve already had but worse

• It's a go to because it's established and been around for so long
• It's hugely appealing to the lowest common denominator
• You get something sort of "new" once in a blue moon but it comes and goes way too quickly
• A lot of people have put in work for it/them but always with the hope of moving on to something more worthwhile.( majority of animators that worked on Z)
Last edited by ObnoxiousNamek on Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:13 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:09 pm
Who cares. He will lose it after all next time...

sigmasigma
Not-So-Newbie

Post by sigmasigma » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:15 pm

Really want to watch the movie after reading the spoilers!

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:17 pm

Lmao this all sounds great to me. Bring it on!

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:19 pm

pepd wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:58 pm I wonder if the new form will have something to with what Monaito said, about the DBs being used on namekuseijin warriors, since also Dende suggested it. Not in the movie, but in interviews or the manga.
What was said by Monaito?

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:26 pm

Phew it's been a while since I've posted on this place.

Just came here to say that the spoilers just made me excited for the movie, it's so ridiculous it actually feels like an intentional parody, I legit laughed out loud when reading them.

Reminds me of Neko Majin and how stupidly OP it's MC was, in a comedic way.

Really curious to see how it all turns out,tho at this point there are so many changes to the db canon that super should just be considered it's own timeline (i already do it anyway)
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:27 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:04 pm The franchise has been getting new talented character designers like Naohiro Shintani and Chikashi Kubota to upgrade the visuals. Now it's time to get better writers because this cleary ain't it.
In my humble opinion at this point Toei and Toriyama dont know what to do with these characters anymore or how to progress the story naturally.5 hours to go for the movie to hit the theaters nationwide after that we will find out how the film is being received
by the Japanese audiences.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:33 pm

To give a new transformation to Gohan is to take the word "useless" and give it a new, deeper meaning, way beyond the "next level".

Gohan does not train. Gohan slacks off. Gohan prefers to study and do casual/human things. Gohan will lose whatever he gets. This new transformation? Kiss it goodbye already! :lol:

As for Piccolo... I don't know. Is that really necessary? Can he please just get the red-eyed form already?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:36 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:33 pm To give a new transformation to Gohan is to take the word "useless" and give it a new, deeper meaning, way beyond the "next level".

Gohan does not train. Gohan slacks off. Gohan prefers to study and do casual/human things. Gohan will lose whatever he gets. This new transformation? Kiss it goodbye already! :lol:

As for Piccolo... I don't know. Is that really necessary? Can he please just get the red-eyed form already?
I mean, I'd focus more on the fact that it's literally
maybe Grand Priest aka El Grande Padre will be revealed as the final villain of Super after all.

And with this, we now know that the Toei writers/Toriyama do know the most popular memes, it is a knowledge they possess.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:57 pm

I would lose my mind if the El Grande Padre meme became an actual thing, but I seriously doubt Toriyama is even aware of that, and I don’t think Toei has the sense of humor to acknowledge a fan parody.

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 pm

I just watched the movie. I enjoyed it. It was a nice little story that shifted the focus from Goku for a change. It reminded me of the old films from the 90s. Everyone in the theater clapped at the end, and I even heard some people laughing at the gags (which, I NEVER hear in theaters in Japan), so they did something right. I don’t really care that much about transformations and the like, so it didn’t take away from my experience. I think Piccolo and Pan’s relationship was the best part of this movie. It was very cute.

And to the post about how Pan is useless in the movie (sorry, it’s 3 am and I can’t bother to look for it):
Also, the screening ended with a short message from Toshio Furukawa. I wonder if the message was different in each theater. But he thanked us for coming and told us to tell all our friends and watch it again. He ended with a Makankosappo. It was nice to see considering we always get Nozawa doing the Kamehameha at events.
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:14 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:57 pm I would lose my mind if the El Grande Padre meme became an actual thing, but I seriously doubt Toriyama is even aware of that, and I don’t think Toei has the sense of humor to acknowledge a fan parody.
El Hermano confirmed for next movie? :lol: :lol:

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:19 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:14 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:57 pm I would lose my mind if the El Grande Padre meme became an actual thing, but I seriously doubt Toriyama is even aware of that, and I don’t think Toei has the sense of humor to acknowledge a fan parody.
El Hermano confirmed for next movie? :lol: :lol:
Maybe they’ll throw in Cell Dorado and Gohan Calvo while they’re at it.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:20 pm

These spoilers are.. not good lol Gohan Blanco is unnecessary and so is Orange Piccolo. Monster Kaiju Cell is lame. wow. I really think Toriyama needs to get phased out based on what happened in the movie. Bad enough they damn near made Goku into Naruto in that flashback with the manga.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:28 pm

2015: AF Blue Hair Super Saiyan forms come true
2022: Gohan Blanco becomes a real thing
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:30 pm

DBZfan29 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 pm I just watched the movie. I enjoyed it. It was a nice little story that shifted the focus from Goku for a change. It reminded me of the old films from the 90s. Everyone in the theater clapped at the end, and I even heard some people laughing at the gags (which, I NEVER hear in theaters in Japan), so they did something right. I don’t really care that much about transformations and the like, so it didn’t take away from my experience. I think Piccolo and Pan’s relationship was the best part of this movie. It was very cute.

And to the post about how Pan is useless in the movie (sorry, it’s 3 am and I can’t bother to look for it):
Also, the screening ended with a short message from Toshio Furukawa. I wonder if the message was different in each theater. But he thanked us for coming and told us to tell all our friends and watch it again. He ended with a Makankosappo. It was nice to see considering we always get Nozawa doing the Kamehameha at events.
Did you get early premiere tickets how'd you see it so soon? Was there a post credit-scene?
Last edited by ObnoxiousNamek on Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:36 pm

So why are both Goku and Gohan have white hair?

BTW

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:50 pm

Soba Mask wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:36 pm So why are both Goku and Gohan have white hair?

BTW
really wish we could get a small spin off with those 3