Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Thani » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:49 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:45 am But his Ki blasts are drastically more powerful as well so how's that work?
Basically, IMO, it's this:

When using UI, Goku's moves get sharper, faster and hit in places where it hurts more, so he can hit beyond his weight class (base can tangle with SS-level opponents, SS can tangle with SS2, etc), but this is limited to physical strikes. We saw that Goku rarely use ki blasts when using UI in lower forms and, when they do, they aren't noted to be more powerful than they should.

The silver UI is a different transformation altogether where, besides granting the full scope of UI, it also increases Goku's ki manyfolds beyond even Blue. The same is true of UI-Sign-, which also functions as an increase in power.

It basically means that only Goku has those special states of being with UI and anyone else wouldn't have them.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:19 pm

Thani wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:49 am
Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:45 am But his Ki blasts are drastically more powerful as well so how's that work?
Basically, IMO, it's this:

When using UI, Goku's moves get sharper, faster and hit in places where it hurts more, so he can hit beyond his weight class (base can tangle with SS-level opponents, SS can tangle with SS2, etc), but this is limited to physical strikes. We saw that Goku rarely use ki blasts when using UI in lower forms and, when they do, they aren't noted to be more powerful than they should.

The silver UI is a different transformation altogether where, besides granting the full scope of UI, it also increases Goku's ki manyfolds beyond even Blue. The same is true of UI-Sign-, which also functions as an increase in power.

It basically means that only Goku has those special states of being with UI and anyone else wouldn't have them.
A big misconception to add to this is that a lot of people think that the UI form is separate from the UI ability. As far as we can tell, this isn't true.

The form isn't some independent state, but rather seems to be the fullest expression of Ultra Instinct, at least the level that Goku's achived thus far. In essence, this is Goku being able to pull out the full potential of the Ultra Instinct, manifesting as a distinct form with UI Sign being the precursor state to it.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:04 pm

Super Hero Spoilers:

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:24 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:04 pm Super Hero Spoilers:

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:24 pm
Lol, never mind.

Base Gogeta being Blue tier still bloats everything to hell.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:28 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:02 pm
Berserker1921 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:24 pm
Lol, never mind.

Base Gogeta being Blue tier still bloats everything to hell.
It will prob be better explained in official translations or when the anime returns and it is retconned again. Sort of like when Beerus on used 70% of his power against GoD Goku. While in the anime he used like 7% haha.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:38 pm

So the power scale seems to be this:

Major Spoilers:

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:10 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:38 pm So the power scale seems to be this:

Major Spoilers:

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:17 pm

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:03 am

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:55 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:03 am

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:12 am

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:21 am

Apparently Gohan comments that Goku and Vegeta couldn't handle Cell?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:49 am

So, since the new revelations from the movie confirm that
this recontextualizes everything we know about how Fused Zamasu and Vegito Blue compare to the ToP power levels. This means that Jiren wasn't that much stronger than them after all, if he was even stronger at all (I'd imagine that fusing could possibly bridge that small gap). The ultimate Canon has spoken. :think:

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:26 am

Still, I’m very surprised the animated canon still stuck to the scaling of Broly and Jiren being Hakaishin level. Surprised that beerus is actually freaked out by Broly.

Is anyone weirded out by Jiren’s retcon? The only reason he fights on a hakaishin level spectrum is because of his flawless focus and not his Raw power, which Vegeta remarks wasn’t much higher than them? It is literally his version of UI without it being UI (credit you Olk for that statement). I really would have loved to see this version of Jiren instead of just stupidly retconning what we saw in the tournament.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:47 am

It would make sense the gap wouldn't be as wide in Toriyama's continuity since he only has regular Blue then UI while the manga and anime had a few forms in between. I'm not sure what that means for the fusions though since base Gogeta was above the individual Blues but still needed Blue to defeated Broly. Maybe that confirms Broly is stronger than Jiren but too wild to use his full power efficiently.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:50 am

Skar wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:47 am It would make sense the gap wouldn't be as wide in Toriyama's continuity since he only has regular Blue then UI while the manga and anime had a few forms in between. I'm not sure what that means for the fusions though since base Gogeta was above the individual Blues but still needed Blue to defeated Broly. Maybe that confirms Broly is stronger than Jiren but too wild to use his full power efficiently.
They treat Broly’s rage like if he were a god of destruction. So i think I’m terms of pure power, he really is that strong. Also, beerus freaks out when he wakes up and sees him. take that as you will.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:57 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:26 am Still, I’m very surprised the animated canon still stuck to the scaling of Broly and Jiren being Hakaishin level. Surprised that beerus is actually freaked out by Broly.

Is anyone weirded out by Jiren’s retcon? The only reason he fights on a hakaishin level spectrum is because of his flawless focus and not his Raw power, which Vegeta remarks wasn’t much higher than them? It is literally his version of UI without it being UI (credit you Olk for that statement). I really would have loved to see this version of Jiren instead of just stupidly retconning what we saw in the tournament.
No it's not surprising at all, nor is it a retcon. Jiren's raw power capped at Ultra Instinct Omen Goku, after that he was pummelled by Mastered Ultra Instinct. Like Goku, he needed to focus and attain his own Limit-breaking form. Back when the episode aired, people noticed that Jiren's Limit-breaking aura was very similar to Ultra Instinct aura, just recoloured red. Now we know that it was intentional.

With these new revelations, we simply have ultimate confirmation that the Potara boost was much stronger than we thought. Goku and Vegeta separated were not THAT much weaker than Jiren, so fused the gap would definitely be closed. Potara boost fusion is exponentially high.

And so obviously what this means is that the fused beings, so Vegito, Fused Zamasu, Kefla, and Gogeta, move up exponentially in the power ladder. Since the gap between Goku and Vegeta individually and Jiren wasn't that big. It also explains how Android 17 completely and utterly ambushed Jiren as he was using his full power.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:00 am

The gap between Jiren and Vegeta was absolutely enormous regardless of what the movie says. Goku and Vegeta unleashed a Kamehameha and Final Flash against him and he didn't have a mark on him.

Not only was Jiren not using his Super Full Power form, he hadn't even gone to 100% yet.

Saying Jiren wasn't that much stronger than Vegeta is saying Ultra Instinct Goku isn't that much stronger than Kaio-ken X20 Goku.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:05 am

People are not taking this very well it seems.

Doesn’t help that whis confirms it instantly afterwards.
Last edited by Kenneth La Torre on Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.