Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:21 pm

My theory suggests that Gohan achived an ancient form of a Super Saiyan, a forgotten form from history, I would call it "Supreme Saiyan".
Like, imagine if the Golden Super Saiyan is just a trial version of THIS Super Saiyan form.

But honestly, I wonder if there are gonna be other levels to reach out of this form, like we had with Super Saiyan 2 and 3.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:32 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:50 pm Toriyama: "The anime series from 2013 and onward had been a casual continuation of my original manga"

Toyotarou:........So you not gonna give me a shoutout?
What I find funny about that, is that interview with Toyo and a director, and Toyo absolutely would NOT say a word about Broly, which had just come out and what his place would be in the Manga. Period. Would not even speak his name or even vaguely mention it. It was the Director who specifically brought up Broly, since Toyo wouldn't, and Toyo was forced (albeit briefly) to even acknowledge the character's existence.
Dragmobot12 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:21 pm My theory suggests that Gohan achived an ancient form of a Super Saiyan, a forgotten form from history, I would call it "Supreme Saiyan".
Like, imagine if the Golden Super Saiyan is just a trial version of THIS Super Saiyan form.

But honestly, I wonder if there are gonna be other levels to reach out of this form, like we had with Super Saiyan 2 and 3.
Just say it's SS5 without the fur and extra long hair. I mean FFS it's dead on.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Anomandaris

Post by Anomandaris » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:08 pm

I'm really bummed by all the negativity on this forum, I'm excited to see the movie and the new forms but I'm shocked a lot of you claim to be fans of Dragon Ball given how you talk about it here, smdh, I wish the English version was coming sooner than 2 months tho

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:10 pm

So was the
thing fake?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:16 pm

GTx10 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:10 pm So was the
thing fake?
Yep.

Also, was it just me or did
give anybody else not just Bio-Broly but Hirudegarn vibes?
Anomandaris wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:08 pm I'm really bummed by all the negativity on this forum, I'm excited to see the movie and the new forms but I'm shocked a lot of you claim to be fans of Dragon Ball given how you talk about it here, smdh, I wish the English version was coming sooner than 2 months tho
We like Dragon Ball, yes. It's just that the more recent outings kinda feel more like advertisements for toys than like there was much care put into the story. Granted, it is Dragon Ball, so it's not fine art or anything like that, but we kinda just want the best it can be, to be honest.
Last edited by Asin on Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:20 pm

Anomandaris wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:08 pm I'm really bummed by all the negativity on this forum, I'm excited to see the movie and the new forms but I'm shocked a lot of you claim to be fans of Dragon Ball given how you talk about it here, smdh, I wish the English version was coming sooner than 2 months tho
Constant obnoxious nagging is what we call valid criticism here.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:25 pm

Aww that is disappointing. So was all that
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:54 pm

GTx10 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:25 pm Aww that is disappointing. So was all that
Yep, twas

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:18 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:12 pm Interesting:
Didn't expect to see Eguchi involved with the franchise again. Cool to see Takahashi, Shida and Shintani too. Let's hope next time they are involved in a 2D DB project.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:28 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:20 pm Constant obnoxious nagging is what we call valid criticism here.
Complete with self-righteous grandstanding.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:43 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:51 pm Orange Piccolo vs Gamma 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by2mLQ-WkV4
Wow he looks extra demonic here. I'm not a fan of color swap forms, but they did enough to differentiate him here imo. Same with Gohan having the SSJ2 hair. The forms here look distinct as opposed to red haired Goku and blue haired SSJ characters.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:53 pm

We can be fans of a series and think the current stuff is lame.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:12 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:53 pm
We can be fans of a series and think the current stuff is lame.
Except those who have seen the movie like it or are generally positive about what happened. Most of the criticisms, especially here, are from people who didn’t see the movie and are basing everything on summaries and out of context YouTube clips.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:17 pm

I'm looking forward to watching this, the three separate stories pulling in different directions does make it rather annoying keeping the lore straight though.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:27 pm

Mac wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:17 pm I'm looking forward to watching this, the three separate stories pulling in different directions does make it rather annoying keeping the lore straight though.
It’s only really hard if you’re trying to link the current manga with movie, especially when the movie was written right after Broly. Meaning, the script was done before the manga even did Moro. Nothing in the movie goes against the anime outside of Pan flying and even that can be hand waved because the anime stops after USS.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:40 pm

Nothing in the movie goes against the manga, either.

Little details will require finagling with both serialized versions, but the broad strokes can fit with either just fine. Just like with Broly.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:09 pm

Cipher wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:40 pm Nothing in the movie goes against the manga, either.

Little details will require finagling with both serialized versions, but the broad strokes can fit with either just fine. Just like with Broly.
Goku and Vegeta having an aura in Blue is a real contradiction in Broly for the manga.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:36 pm

Cipher wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:40 pm Nothing in the movie goes against the manga, either.

Except Toyo claimed that Goku, Vegeta, and Granolah were the strongest mortals in U7 without even mentioning Broly wth the movie suggesting that Broly gives Beerus pause.

That and Gohan saying Goku and Vegeta can protect everyone so he doesn’t need to train as much is really odd after he saw Moro put his arm through Goku and Vegeta failing after his power up.
Kanassa wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:38 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:09 pm

Goku and Vegeta having an aura in Blue is a real contradiction in Broly for the manga.
Also Shenron only having one wish in the movie when he should have three. Which oddly makes sense for the anime since the cast took too long for Shenron to grant his last wish.
Kanassa wrote: