Team BT4's Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 4

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Team BT4's Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 4

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:02 am

So, this year hasn't been the best for me for personal reasons, but coming across Team BT4's Tenkaichi 4 mod fangame has been a highlight. For those of you who don't know, a group of modders took it upon themselves to mod BT3 by adding additional content that has been introduced to Dragon Ball since '07 all the way to 2018. Mainly, this means Super content (characters, story mode, etc). It's so fascinating to me to see fans take something into their own hands and finally deliver a "sorta" Tenkaichi 4. I was 10 when Tenkaichi 3 came out and have fond memories playing it back when GT was the end of Dragon Ball and now as a 25 year old, it's so surreal and nostalgic to be playing a "Tenkaichi 4" with Super content. Has anyone else been playing it because in my opinion, I prefer it to Xenoverse and the more recent Dragon Ball games (which means I'm an old man, I guess).

I'll link the site here: https://teambt4.wixsite.com/dbzbt4ps2oficial?lang=en

And if the link doesn't work, just type Tenkaichi 4 or BT4 on a search engine and their site will pop up. They pretty much describe their process behind making this and what content they're considering adding. Once again, I know it's just a mod of Tenkaichi 3 disguised as a Tenkaichi 4, but it's probably the closest we'll ever get to a BT4 so if you enjoyed the Tenkaichi games, maybe consider checking it out.

And if anyone has been playing it, do you think they'll add content from DBS: Super Hero?

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: Team BT4's Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 4

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:00 pm

I've played it. I'm more impressed on the story mode mods than the characters they have. Some of the new super attacks were great as well, real attention to detail. Maybe they'll make another update with the up to date characters.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

mecha3000
Regular

Re: Team BT4's Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 4

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:05 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:00 pm I've played it. I'm more impressed on the story mode mods than the characters they have. Some of the new super attacks were great as well, real attention to detail. Maybe they'll make another update with the up to date characters.
I hope they do. I honestly had more fun playing this BT4 (partly due to nostalgia) than any of the newer games. I just liked a simple "run through the story and unlock the characters" approach, which I missed compared to Xenoverse and other games. I actually felt sad when I beat the game and am weirdly hoping we get some sort of BT5 from the team (even if that'd be pointless considering BT4 is already a mod of BT3 as it is).

At the very least, I want them to continue adding more characters (like Gohan Beast and Orange Piccolo) and content from the newer Dragon Ball anime/movies. I know they're limited by what they can do, but if they have to replace Saiyan Saga to GT Saga with all-new story content, then I'm all for it. And it's not like they can't drop characters like Frieza Soldier or weaker characters for newer ones.