What even is "Goku's Change" in GT

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

What even is "Goku's Change" in GT

Post by BeaBumby » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:15 am

As the resident GT liker, I've been wondering, what is that mysterious transformation Goku undergoes at the tail end of the series?
Hiya! I'm Bea :]
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Re: What even is "Goku's Change" in GT

Post by fleahop » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:43 pm

Could you offer some more context?

I don't remember anything regarding a mysterious transformation for Goku at the end of GT.

Also, if there is one, what do you think it is?
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:55 pm

I think that Shenlong granted him a status of higher divine power, much like what the Dragons have when not bound by a dragon ball creator's power, in the Dragon realm (which is a thing, as shown in the Heroes material), basically Shenlong, Porunga, etc. are much stronger and have nigh-omnipotence and omniscience in that world, hence why, in the mortal realm, they can grant anything as long as it is within the power of the creator of the balls, in this case serving as the link to the Dragon, and they seem to know most information about the mortal realm in spite of almost never visiting it.

So basically Shenlong granted Goku the unbound power a Dragon possesses, hence why he took him to the Dragon Realm after the battle, he made a deal with Goku that he would grant him that status to defeat Ishinron, but only if Goku left with him to that higher plane once he won the fight.

That is my interpretation, which makes sense as the creators' statements do hint at Goku ascending to a higher plane.

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:15 am

fleahop wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:43 pm Could you offer some more context?

I don't remember anything regarding a mysterious transformation for Goku at the end of GT.

Also, if there is one, what do you think it is?
It's an article on the dragon ball wiki, which iirc isn't the BEST source for informstion, so feel free to correct me. But it's basically when Goku has the universal spirit bomb and something about him is.. different.
Ashur wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:55 pm I think that Shenlong granted him a status of higher divine power, much like what the Dragons have when not bound by a dragon ball creator's power, in the Dragon realm (which is a thing, as shown in the Heroes material), basically Shenlong, Porunga, etc. are much stronger and have nigh-omnipotence and omniscience in that world, hence why, in the mortal realm, they can grant anything as long as it is within the power of the creator of the balls, in this case serving as the link to the Dragon, and they seem to know most information about the mortal realm in spite of almost never visiting it.

So basically Shenlong granted Goku the unbound power a Dragon possesses, hence why he took him to the Dragon Realm after the battle, he made a deal with Goku that he would grant him that status to defeat Ishinron, but only if Goku left with him to that higher plane once he won the fight.

That is my interpretation, which makes sense as the creators' statements do hint at Goku ascending to a higher plane.
oh! isn't that what martial artists want or something?
good job goku, you did it!
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:52 am

@Beabummy
Ashur wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:55 pm

oh! isn't that what martial artists want or something?
good job goku, you did it!
Yes, surpassing the limits and finding new horizons is the core of Goku's martial arts mindset and philosophy, in saving the universe from the negative energy of the Dragon Balls, he broke his mortal limitations and opened the door for an entire new world, he is now training on the Dragon Realm, on a level never seen before.

That's probably why we see a completely fulfilled Goku in the end of GT 100 years later.

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:48 pm

oh my god that's so cool.
she/her yknow