Dragon Ball Movies Available in HD

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BootyCheeksJohnson
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Movies Available in HD

Post by BootyCheeksJohnson » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:01 pm

It crazy just how far fans have gone to give us a "definitive" product. Not only have they synced the Blu-ray audio to the VOD version with higher picture quality, they've also synced up Steve Simmons' official subtitles, synced up the Funimation English dub to all the movies, and the uncensored Ocean dub to movies 1-3. If we could get that as a box set in America, or even just as double features I can guarantee fans would buy it. I don't even like most of the non canon movies and I would buy that collection.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:51 pm

BootyCheeksJohnson wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:01 pm It crazy just how far fans have gone to give us a "definitive" product. Not only have they synced the Blu-ray audio to the VOD version with higher picture quality, they've also synced up Steve Simmons' official subtitles, synced up the Funimation English dub to all the movies, and the uncensored Ocean dub to movies 1-3. If we could get that as a box set in America, or even just as double features I can guarantee fans would buy it. I don't even like most of the non canon movies and I would buy that collection.
Shocking isn't it? That fans have made the effort that the official parties have dropped the ball on repeatedly themselves in this regard.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

roseofpain

Post by roseofpain » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:05 pm

Was able to get the Blu-ray and a web-dl for the streaming version of Movie 01 and they both appear to be of the same quality
https://imgsli.com/MTU4MjIw

Same for Movie 09
https://imgsli.com/MTU4MjI3

Haven't looked at the other ones yet, but is it most likely that it's the Funimation Blu-ray's that have bad DNR?