Anyone have the HQ French-language channel recordings of DBGT?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Anyone have the HQ French-language channel recordings of DBGT?

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:37 pm

I was looking on the DB Wiki about the French dub of the series, until I came across the sub-article about the French dub of GT, and how it was broadcasted on Mangas, Club RTL, RTL9, TMC, MCM, AB1 and NT1. I know that AB1, Mangas, NT1 and MCM aired GT on their channels, because 1. NT1 broadcasted GT (unknown if it's the 1999 dub or the rumored censored 1997 dub), since the only footage I found is the NT1 broadcast of a 30-second edited version of Ending 1 (claimed to be from the 1997 dub). 2. AB1 and MCM's broadcast (OP intro), founded online on YouTube is in Low Quality instead of High Quality digitazation. 3. Mangas broadcasted GT because of the promo, their first broadcast of the 1997 dub (with the OP theme sung by Bernard Minet, and the intro is sped up to 1 minute and 30 seconds) and a broadcast of one of the later episodes but the footage is all in Japanese text. And 4. RTL7 broadcasted GT in Poland (with Polish voiceover and French audio) because of audio and video footage, while the OP and ED footage has Blue Water dub captions. I don't know where to find the other channels' broadcast of the series (without anything cut from the broadcast). The channels' broadcast I'm also looking for is TMC, Club RTL, RTL9, NT1 and Mangas (with the OP and ED uncut, and footage in English and French text), with AB1's broadcast and MCM's broadcast in HQ. I tried finding it on Google, no luck. No website has the footage taken from the channels' broadcast of GT. If anyone has the broadcast recordings, it would be happy if it actually existed and confirmed.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Anyone have the HQ French-language channel recordings of DBGT?

Post by sangofe » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:06 pm

Brilliant_Gear_258 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:37 pm I was looking on the DB Wiki about the French dub of the series, until I came across the sub-article about the French dub of GT, and how it was broadcasted on Mangas, Club RTL, RTL9, TMC, MCM, AB1 and NT1. I know that AB1, Mangas, NT1 and MCM aired GT on their channels, because 1. NT1 broadcasted GT (unknown if it's the 1999 dub or the rumored censored 1997 dub), since the only footage I found is the NT1 broadcast of a 30-second edited version of Ending 1 (claimed to be from the 1997 dub). 2. AB1 and MCM's broadcast (OP intro), founded online on YouTube is in Low Quality instead of High Quality digitazation. 3. Mangas broadcasted GT because of the promo, their first broadcast of the 1997 dub (with the OP theme sung by Bernard Minet, and the intro is sped up to 1 minute and 30 seconds) and a broadcast of one of the later episodes but the footage is all in Japanese text. And 4. RTL7 broadcasted GT in Poland (with Polish voiceover and French audio) because of audio and video footage, while the OP and ED footage has Blue Water dub captions. I don't know where to find the other channels' broadcast of the series (without anything cut from the broadcast). The channels' broadcast I'm also looking for is TMC, Club RTL, RTL9, NT1 and Mangas (with the OP and ED uncut, and footage in English and French text), with AB1's broadcast and MCM's broadcast in HQ. I tried finding it on Google, no luck. No website has the footage taken from the channels' broadcast of GT. If anyone has the broadcast recordings, it would be happy if it actually existed and confirmed.
I had some VHS' of the french dub I think from Club RTL's (Or RTL9 I can't quite remember, but it was a good guy in Belgium recording for me) broadcast but only the lord knows where they are now. The very first Mangas broadcast that had the previous dubbed doesn't seem to have been preserved by anyone, unfortunately. I also think I had some records from Mangas, but not their first broadcast. To be honest, I hated the french DBGT dub because almost all voices changed (welcome Goku who smokes 40 cigs a day) and the translations were so bad so I never tried to complete it.

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Fri May 05, 2023 12:31 am

That's kinda cool. Speaking of the tapes, how am I supposed to check out the dub via digitized MP4 (from the TV Broadcast from France and Belgium)? Is there like an URL or some sort of file? I've heard of the French GT dubs but I only heard of it through the Blue Water dub, so I haven't got the chance to experience the show in French.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri May 05, 2023 8:28 am

Brilliant_Gear_258 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:31 am That's kinda cool. Speaking of the tapes, how am I supposed to check out the dub via digitized MP4 (from the TV Broadcast from France and Belgium)? Is there like an URL or some sort of file? I've heard of the French GT dubs but I only heard of it through the Blue Water dub, so I haven't got the chance to experience the show in French.
Somewhere I might have digital copies... You would be greatly wasting your time time watching the French DBGT dub. It is atrociously bad. By the way, it seems like not all the next episode previews got dubbed but rather random previews. And all DBGT broadcasts were uncut. And Bernard Minet's DBGT opening was supposed to be broadcasted on TF1's broadcast.