Anyone find it odd that Goku and Vegeta are just ok with Frieza running wild?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Anyone find it odd that Goku and Vegeta are just ok with Frieza running wild?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:55 pm

Did we not forget that one of Frieza's main goals is to bestow mortality onto himself.

Now the reason Goku and vegeta should be concern is the fact that Frieza is showing rapid growth far faster than any saiyan ever. In 6 months he went from SSJ tier to SSB tier. Within 10 years, he jumped from SSB tier to finger flicking UE and UI (Mastered Goku). And thanks to seeing the rapid increase in his growth, frieza has developed a taste for training that he never had before. He most likely will keep training until no one in Universe 7 (including Beerus) can challenge him.

Now one of Frieza's main goals was to become immortal so no one could challenge. Imagine what will happen if Freeza becomes immortal and continues accelerating in power. He would be unstoppable and no amount of power increase from Goku or Vegeta could stop him. The only way they could possibly kill him is via Hakai from Beerus and even then it might be too late.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Anyone find it odd that Goku and Vegeta are just ok with Frieza running wild?

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:44 pm

I find it odd that we're not really digging deep into what makes a person be 'just OK with Freeza running wild'. I think there's a story to examine there.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Anyone find it odd that Goku and Vegeta are just ok with Frieza running wild?

Post by Trouser » Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:58 am

They are not heroes. They don't care about him as long as he's far away from Earth.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:07 am

Trouser wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:58 am They are not heroes. They don't care about him as long as he's far away from Earth.
It's not being heroes though. Immortal frieza who continues to train = gg.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:46 am

It's stated somewhere that Freeza gave up on immortality, citing being stuck in hell forever turned him off eternal existence.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:29 pm

It's a glaring oversight on the part of the Z-Warriors and one they shouldn't have allowed in the first place. Granted, Freeza's resurrection was part of the bargain for his participation in the tournament and any attempt to return Freeza to hell would have likely incurred Beerus's wrath at that moment. Although once Freeza came to Earth with the intent of using the Dragon Balls, jeapordising its security with the threat of Broly going on a rampage, Goku and Vegeta should have resolved themselves in killing the tyrant. They gave him one chance to stay away, to live, and it's clear now he had no interest in taking it (what a surprise).

If they don't care because Freeza wasn't an immediate threat to Earth then maybe they should think on the long term implications of him committing mass genocide against multiple species and civilisations. Isn't that going to reduce Universe 7's ranking even more and draw the ire of Zeno?

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:36 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:46 am It's stated somewhere that Freeza gave up on immortality, citing being stuck in hell forever turned him off eternal existence.
Yes Frieza mentions this in Dragon Ball Super: Broly, when his assistant asks if he will wish for immortality with Earth's dragon balls. Instead we learn he wants to be 5cm taller.
Dragon Ball Super: Broly wrote: Kinoko: Since we're so close to gathering the dragon balls, I was wondering if you'd give me a hint about what incredibly wise wish you'll be making once we're on Earth. Will it be to have an immortal body like you've mentioned to us before?
Frieza: [laughs] No, no, that's not it! I realised something when I was trapped in Earth's hell, hanging from a tree, unable to move. Not being able to die would likely result in unending misery.

So yeah, there's no apparent chance that Frieza will become immortal. However at least up to the Broly movie, both Goku and Vegeta don't seem concerned that Frieza will be a true threat any longer, at least not to them. That's pretty typical of both Goku and Vegeta - they're largely only focused on their own training first, and family and friends second. Until something comes along to upset the status quo, that's what they do. They're not heroes who run around saving the universe unless that threat becomes their problem.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:58 am

Vegeta is very much not okay with it. He brings it up to Goku in the Broly movie.

Goku doesn't care because he's shown time and time again that he's okay with letting murderers go free if they will give him a good fight later. For example when he asks Krillin to spare Vegeta, or when he shows Freeza mercy on Namek. He will fight to protect the people of Earth but he doesn't give a shit if the people he spares massacre offworld I guess?? Lol

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:24 pm

As funrush said, Vegeta is clearly not okay with this, which is the subject of an entire conversation in the Broly movie.
As soon as the movie begins, he says this is now his main reason for training ever since Freeza was resurrected, warning Goku that the tyrant has already shown a tremendous ability to evolve extremely fast and could quickly become a threat to them, with Goku thinking him being immortal wouldn't cause them much problem anyway or even that Freeza wouldn't want to cause trouble after they've been "nice to him" bringing him back to life.

But Vegeta won't hear it and basically says Goku is just stupid if he thinks Freeza is not an emergency to take care of.
Again, he tells Whis that his reason for training is defeating Freeza.

In recent manga chapters, it is shown in a few panels that he still has Freeza as his main new objective around the time of the Super Hero movie, and especially with the emperor's latest improvements.

So Goku is okay with it at least until Black Freeza shows up, at which point I don't remember if he becomes his reason for training just like for Vegeta.
Vegeta is clearly keen on destroying Freeza when he can.
Gogeta letting Freeza go is probably partly influenced by Goku's carefree attitude towards Freeza and his own confidence and feeling of superpower at the moment - which is enough for him to get carried away and almost kill Broly due to the excitement of the battle instead of calming him down!

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:46 pm

As was said, Goku let Piccolo go, and he let Vegeta go, and he tried to let Freeza go before. Freeza getting really, really strong is....exactly why Goku lets these kinds of people go.

He's not even a threat to their lives, if the way he's acted since the Tournament of Power is any indication. Prior to the Tournament of Power, a Freeza who lost the day would have blown the planet up in frustration; not so in Broly. At the end of the Granola arc, he simply punks Goku and Vegeta before leaving them alive.

Rival Freeza is here, possibly to stay. This is the way the story tends to work.

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:52 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:24 pm As funrush said, Vegeta is clearly not okay with this, which is the subject of an entire conversation in the Broly movie.
Cold Skin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:24 pm Vegeta is clearly keen on destroying Freeza when he can.
Interesting that while Vegeta's training for an expected increase to Frieza's power, he doesn't challenge him while he's on Earth, or stop him from leaving. Vegeta's power at least rivals Frieza's, if it isn't higher (he defeated Top in the Tournament of Power where Frieza failed, and the Broly movie occurs soon after it concludes). Why didn't he attack Frieza after Broly was defeated? Why is there a disconnect between what he says and what he does?

And as I said before, Vegeta's concern is that he'll come back for Earth and become their problem. He can run wild as long as that doesn't come back to bite them in the arse.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:29 pm

Well cuz toriyama and pals plus japan love frieza so much they brought him back

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:56 pm

Goku was fine with Freeza running around back on Namek. He said he could go free multiple times, knowing most likely Freeza wouldn't change. At this point, he also probably feels it would be cheap or unfair to kill Freeza so soon after he directly promised him he'd revive him. And as well as others have said, out of sight, out of mind.

Vegeta definitely cares, he stated as much so during the Broly movie. He's probably just not as willing to track Freeza down considering he has a life and family on Earth. And now he's weaker than Freeza, so there's not much he can do.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:26 pm

As others have said they aren't heroes.

If Frieza promised to.jever return to Earth and didn't Goku amd Vegeta would go about the rest of their days.

You have to account for how strong Black Frieza is but heroes for example would have been trying to see if Gogeta Blue could defeat Frieza and if not can they use true UI and UE as Gogeta.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:12 pm

Probably because Goku knows that Freeza won't try to invade Earth. Not to mention, Goku still believes that Freeza can become good like Piccolo, Vegeta, and Tenshinhan did.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ClutchBangstrip
Beyond Newbie

Post by ClutchBangstrip » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:35 pm

Vegeta isn't okay with it and it's a primary motivation for his training. It's stated in the new Broly film, and the beginning of the new Great Saiyaman chapters.

Frieza also mentions he no longer wants immortality in the Broly film, too.