Did Freeza base his supernova attack on Beerus judgment attack?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Did Freeza base his supernova attack on Beerus judgment attack?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:54 am

Low key, i think frieza secretly admires beerus and wants to be like him. So as a fanboy, he would copy his attack. I think Freeza's supernova technique is frieza trying to imitate the god of destruction.

Look how similar they are:

Beerus' judgement
https://youtu.be/HFe_hEQY2nc?t=740

Supernova attack by frieza
https://youtu.be/Dt_g8ieMTd0?t=178

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Did Freeza base his supernova attack on Beerus judgment attack?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:27 am

Did Freeza ever actually witness Beerus use that exact attack? Because Beerus can destroy planets without even needing to form a massive Ki-ball, a mere tap of the planet's surface or just sneezing is all that's required from him.
On a side note, I don't think Freeza is any fanboy of Beerus. He certainly could admire Beerus' immense power and ability to inspire fear in virtually everyone just by his name being spoken, but Freeza also despises being under someone else's thumb as well as having once been beaten up by Beerus. In the anime, Freeza's thoughts state that he doesn't intend to let Beerus boss him around forever, even hinting that he might try to usurp Beerus' position if the opportunity arises.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Did Freeza base his supernova attack on Beerus judgment attack?

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:58 am

Agreed with theherodjl, there's no scenario I can think of that has Beerus using an attack that strong in the presence of Freeza. Power displays from Beerus are often fingerflicking a planet or an individual, so I don't see why he'd be charging an ultimate attack prior to fighting SSG Goku. If he ever did that, it was probably eons ago, not between the first act of the Broly movie and BoG.

Even if they had sparred, or if Beerus sparred with King Cold, Beerus' finger would've been overkill.

Freeza's Supernova lines up with his obsession of using his index finger for ki attacks.