What do you think Kami and Nails would have done with themselves?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

What do you think Kami and Nails would have done with themselves?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:19 am

In the moro arc, vegeta states that with the spirit fission technique he could seperate piccolo from kami and nails. What do you think Nails and Kami would have done if they were separated from piccolo and made to live their lives as a single entity.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: What do you think Kami and Nails would have done with themselves?

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:39 am

I'm not sure Vegeta could split Piccolo and Kami, they were and are the same person. Maybe after somebody splits in two they no longer are considered one being, but that was never addressed, so I'd assume Vegeta cannot split Goku in two halves, one good and bad.

But he definitely can take Nail out of Piccolo, who probably would go back to Namek. Although, perhaps he'd stay on Earth, after all he's been through so much, much more than Yamcha or Tenshinhan. Gohan, Goten and Trunks, and now Pan must have some place in his heart, so I'm not sure if he'd leave them behind just like that. Also Piccolo! they have been together for over 20 years, not sure if they could just part ways.

I'd like for Kami to go back to Namek, if Geets' SF is able to separate him from Piccolo. IIRC, Kami was about to die, he's too old, and if he dies, Piccolo dies. So they should assimilate each other again.

Another thing... the drawing is off. SF works only if you hit the opponent, and SSBE cannot touch Orange Piccolo. Unless Toyo really nerfs Orange.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:34 pm

Koitsukai raises some interesting scenarios. Frankly, I thought it was myopic and pretentious of Vegeta to claim that he could remove Kami. Piccolo and Kami were literally the same being, they were simply halved and externalised on the basis of mindset and ethicality; the notions and ideals that existed in the original Child of Katas' mind. Maybe we could compare it to Vegeta somehow thinking he can divide the chromosomes of a human being into separate aspects or something because they seem fundamentally similar.

As for Nail, that's certainly more plausible and, again, Koitsukai raises a valid point. Nail could choose to return to Namek, there's some valid reasons for him to consider it -- most importantly of all would be the fact that Nail's expectation of Piccolo being able to sufficiently challenge and defeat Freeza unfortunately didn't pan out in the long term. Everything afterwards, assuming Nail could recall those memories from Piccolo, would have likely reinforced the failed expectations for Piccolo to handle the challenges they come across. But then again maybe Nail would be accepting of Piccolo's support role and agree that they're better off fused together as a powerful support asset instead of defused. It depends on Nail's attitude towards the whole situation really.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:54 am

I believe Nail would eventually accept that he should stay fused with Piccolo, since he would likely have trouble finding a purpose with this second chance and he’d know he and piccolo would be weaker as separates than as a fusion.

Kami, if he could ever get unfused, would also want to fuse with Piccolo again, since being split would mean the “bad” Piccolo Daimao would exist once more.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:39 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:54 am I believe Nail would eventually accept that he should stay fused with Piccolo, since he would likely have trouble finding a purpose with this second chance and he’d know he and piccolo would be weaker as separates than as a fusion.

Kami, if he could ever get unfused, would also want to fuse with Piccolo again, since being split would mean the “bad” Piccolo Daimao would exist once more.
No he wouldn't. Piccolo was no longer evil before they merged again.