"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:48 am

I just realized, there’s a chance Sonny could be talking about the card game.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:09 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:48 am I just realized, there’s a chance Sonny could be talking about the card game.
:lol: that's a lot of effort for a card game

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:40 pm

I just want a story mode does not cover the anime for once. Do something special and original for once.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:57 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:09 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:48 am I just realized, there’s a chance Sonny could be talking about the card game.
:lol: that's a lot of effort for a card game
Yeah I get it, and it'd also be unlikely that general blue or Giru would be featured on there.

But post-hype-clarity (is that a thing? lmao) just came in and now I feel like history is repeating itself and that we're going through the same situation we went through with the anime. Like someone or something official releases a vague statement about something Dragon Ball related coming up and we're all hyped and then it turns out it's for something barely anyone cared about lol.

And then events pass by one by one and you would think they would have some big dragon ball content, and we get hyped for those too thinking we'll finally get some news but it's also either crickets or something that isn't really event worthy.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:34 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:56 pm DBZ and DBS/DB- Bardock as seperate characters would be dumb. They are almost the same thing.
Saiyan saga Vegeta, Cell Saga and Buu saga were different characters before as well as Piccolo early and Piccolo end and Goku.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:00 pm

Hope they add in other dragon ball video game characters like beat,note,towa,mira,etc.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:05 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:34 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:56 pm DBZ and DBS/DB- Bardock as seperate characters would be dumb. They are almost the same thing.
Saiyan saga Vegeta, Cell Saga and Buu saga were different characters before as well as Piccolo early and Piccolo end and Goku.
I hope these stupid distinctions don't come back. Just have one Goku or Vegeta with customizable moves, transformations and outfits like the Raging Blast games.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:36 am

Yuji wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:05 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:34 pm
I hope these stupid distinctions don't come back. Just have one Goku or Vegeta with customizable moves, transformations and outfits like the Raging Blast games.
I doubt for the simple fact they'll want to run the character count up.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:43 pm

We need less clones anyways.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:45 pm

I know that transformations count for roster anyways but I hope transformations aren't separate character slots

It would be really cool to transform from Base Goku to SSJ3 to SSB to Ultra Instinct in Yardrat clothing

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:01 pm

Gamescon in 11 days.

What time and day is Bandai's panel?

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:25 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:43 pm We need less clones anyways.
Yeah, I only accept multiple Gokus, Gohans or whatever in the case they use different ages of the same character

I mean, I can accept Kid Goku, Adult Goku and GT Kid Goku (the same with Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan and Adult Gohan) but for me Early Goku, Mid Goku and End Goku are a waste of resources

Even Majin Vegeta could be a transformation for Vegeta or the Great Saiyaman a skin for Adult Gohan instead of separate characters

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:39 pm

When the trailer dropped at March the guy who annoucned it said it was in early development, yeah? Usually how far are anime games in development when they start the dubbing process? I always thought it would have to be close to complete.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:13 am

gokugambitoptimus wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:25 pm
Yeah, I only accept multiple Gokus, Gohans or whatever in the case they use different ages of the same character

I mean, I can accept Kid Goku, Adult Goku and GT Kid Goku (the same with Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan and Adult Gohan) but for me Early Goku, Mid Goku and End Goku are a waste of resources

Even Majin Vegeta could be a transformation for Vegeta or the Great Saiyaman a skin for Adult Gohan instead of separate characters
Teen Goku (end of DB) is distenctively different from many other Goku's.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:11 pm

gokugambitoptimus wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:25 pm

Goku early, mid and end are the opposite of wasting resources. Fans don't like them for legitimate reasons but they help run up character count with limited resources.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:45 pm

Thinking of the Tenkaichi games as the "DBZ Simulators" they pretty much set out to be, I actually love the Early/Mid/End variations - I think they represent different stages of a character's life, and even different eras of the series, in a fun way!
But I'm torn, because I also really enjoy Raging Blast's customization, being able to use any costume on any form (and the occasional neat super attack combinations, like Yardrat Goku with Kaio-ken).

That said, I definitely have a soft spot for the series accuracy the old games strove for, so ultimately I would probably pick the Tenkaichi roster padding over the Raging Blast customization, since in that sense, being restricted in certain areas... is kinda fun to me!
But I'm down for either one, I just don't want this game to lose the spirit of the originals; but with how much that teaser emphasized those original games, I am cautiously optimistic.
In fairness, aside from most characters playing very similarly, all those Early/Mid/End and other variations did have different combo animations and moves and whatnot, so they weren't exactly "clones" in that sense, but I understand the sentiment of "less of the same character in different slots," even if that's never bothered me personally.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:55 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:45 pm Thinking of the Tenkaichi games as the "DBZ Simulators" they pretty much set out to be, I actually love the Early/Mid/End variations - I think they represent different stages of a character's life, and even different eras of the series, in a fun way!
But I'm torn, because I also really enjoy Raging Blast's customization, being able to use any costume on any form (and the occasional neat super attack combinations, like Yardrat Goku with Kaio-ken).

That said, I definitely have a soft spot for the series accuracy the old games strove for, so ultimately I would probably pick the Tenkaichi roster padding over the Raging Blast customization, since in that sense, being restricted in certain areas... is kinda fun to me!
But I'm down for either one, I just don't want this game to lose the spirit of the originals; but with how much that teaser emphasized those original games, I am cautiously optimistic.
In fairness, aside from most characters playing very similarly, all those Early/Mid/End and other variations did have different combo animations and moves and whatnot, so they weren't exactly "clones" in that sense, but I understand the sentiment of "less of the same character in different slots," even if that's never bothered me personally.
Adding on to this I remember everyone talking about how much more fun Goku mid eneded up being than Goku early and Goku end.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:28 am

Playable Giants please, it's been a while since that happened in a fighting game :!:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:08 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:55 pm
Anime Kitten wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:45 pm Thinking of the Tenkaichi games as the "DBZ Simulators" they pretty much set out to be, I actually love the Early/Mid/End variations - I think they represent different stages of a character's life, and even different eras of the series, in a fun way!

Adding on to this I remember everyone talking about how much more fun Goku mid eneded up being than Goku early and Goku end.
Who are you referring to with Goku mid? Android saga Goku?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:18 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:08 am Who are you referring to with Goku mid? Android saga Goku?
Freeza saga. Goku (end) are Android and Boo sagas combined together.