What happened to that timeline the dead Future Trunks saved?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

What happened to that timeline the dead Future Trunks saved?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:21 pm

AFAIK, there are four timelines (I know there's 7, this is about the whole androids thing)

Timeline 1 - DBZ's Main timeline (Gero is dead, androids are good guys, and cell is dead, our timeline)

Timeline 2 - Trunks' timeline (Trunks comes back, kills 17, 18, and Cell and lives happily ever after until the events of Super where Zamasu destroys everything and Zeno eventually erases that entire timeline's existence )

Timeline 3 - Cell's timeline, Trunks-3 goes to Timeline 4 to help the Z-fighters fight the droids, then he comes back and cell kills him, and uses his time machine to go to Timeline 1

Timeline 4 - Unseen timeline, Trunks-3 kills Freeza-4, finds the droids designs and takes the remote control back to timeline 3 and then gets killed by cell.

Timeline 4 is the one I'm wondering about. Goku's alive, everyone else is alive, the androids and Cell are no longer a threat. What happens? Do Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan all find a way beyond Super Saiyan? Are they strong enough to stop Babidi and Dabura? Do the events of BoG and DBS still take place?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: What happened to that timeline the dead Future Trunks saved?

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:06 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:21 pm AFAIK, there are four timelines (I know there's 7, this is about the whole androids thing)

Timeline 1 - DBZ's Main timeline (Gero is dead, androids are good guys, and cell is dead, our timeline)

Timeline 2 - Trunks' timeline (Trunks comes back, kills 17, 18, and Cell and lives happily ever after until the events of Super where Zamasu destroys everything and Zeno eventually erases that entire timeline's existence )

Timeline 3 - Cell's timeline, Trunks-3 goes to Timeline 4 to help the Z-fighters fight the droids, then he comes back and cell kills him, and uses his time machine to go to Timeline 1

Timeline 4 - Unseen timeline, Trunks-3 kills Freeza-4, finds the droids designs and takes the remote control back to timeline 3 and then gets killed by cell.

Timeline 4 is the one I'm wondering about. Goku's alive, everyone else is alive, the androids and Cell are no longer a threat. What happens? Do Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan all find a way beyond Super Saiyan? Are they strong enough to stop Babidi and Dabura? Do the events of BoG and DBS still take place?
It could go a lot of ways.

If they aren't distracted by cell and move Goku again or not.

Trunks does actually come up with the idea that gero might have had a way of stopping them. So they might visit the basement even without cell.

Do they kill baby cell or not?

Does piccolos fight 17 again? Piccolo would win with the light grenade 17 barely dodged before when it wasn't even aimed at him in canon.

Would he have the strength to finish 18 would Ten be able to kill her or scare her away with kikohos?

Without Cell and with Piccolo it's unclear if they'd recall the rosat or opt to use it.

Goku would need to retreat if he tried to take 16. Teleportation would do the trick though.

Anyone coming out the rosat could clean up. Do all 3 cyborgs live? We just don't know! I'd like to see this timeline too.

I like to think it's the Universe the super era characters come from in dragonball heroes. And U12 guys universe was changed so long ago that this is where the xeno ss4 guys come from as saiyans are different there.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:12 am

I'm assuming they all get finished off by Dabura and Babidi 7 years later, or if not, then by Beerus.

I'm more interested in what happened in Cell's timeline after Trunks and Cell are gone. Bulma is still alive presumably, maybe she found a way to Namek?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:43 pm

Goku and the other's only choice to defeat Dabra is with a genki dama if they are not strong enough to win. Even with that, it could be enough ki to help awaken Buu.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bloodthroe

Post by Bloodthroe » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:32 am

Wait, if the time machine Trunks-3 uses took him to timeline 4, then why did the same time machine go to timeline 1 when Cell-3 used it?

Anyway, I assume the heroes still have to use the time chamber to beat the androids in TL4. This means Gohan achieves SS2. Goku never dies. He likely keeps Gohan up with his training as well. No doubt Goku also achieves SS2 by the time Dabura shows up, though he might not achieve SS3 without otherworld training. Dabura shouldn't stand a chance against the heroes. Vegeta also might not decide to go Majin since Goku doesn't have only one day on Earth in this timeline.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:28 am

Bloodthroe wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:32 am Wait, if the time machine Trunks-3 uses took him to timeline 4, then why did the same time machine go to timeline 1 when Cell-3 used it?

Anyway, I assume the heroes still have to use the time chamber to beat the androids in TL4. This means Gohan achieves SS2. Goku never dies. He likely keeps Gohan up with his training as well. No doubt Goku also achieves SS2 by the time Dabura shows up, though he might not achieve SS3 without otherworld training. Dabura shouldn't stand a chance against the heroes. Vegeta also might not decide to go Majin since Goku doesn't have only one day on Earth in this timeline.
He went further back in time and then created a paradox when his time machine is found. It was the same time machine but this ones linked to cells time and the new present. The old machine is linked to trunks future and the new present.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:52 pm

Yuji wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:12 am I'm assuming they all get finished off by Dabura and Babidi 7 years later, or if not, then by Beerus.

I'm more interested in what happened in Cell's timeline after Trunks and Cell are gone. Bulma is still alive presumably, maybe she found a way to Namek?
If Dabura and Babidi don't destroy earth then I think Zeno might've erased Universe 7.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:32 am

Yuji wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:12 am I'm assuming they all get finished off by Dabura and Babidi 7 years later, or if not, then by Beerus.

People always say that but there's no reason one of them couldn't have gone ss2 when fighting Dabra or even killed babidi and freed dabra. (Preventing Towa kicking off on that timeline too)

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:10 am

It's mentioned in the Daizenshuu how the Cell Games still happened after achieving his perfect form. How is this possible? Difficult to say. We know that the Trunks from the timeline Cell hails from acquired the blueprints for the deactivation remote from the fourth unseen timeline. How could another version of Cell in said unseen timeline have acquired his perfect form then? The best explanation would be that the remote was used to deactivate the cyborgs in this unseen timeline, but that they weren't destroyed. Maybe Dr Briefs and Bulma requested to keep them so they could run tests, see what made them tick. They had the blueprints already but having the actual cyborg subject themselves would be a boon to their research. It's also possible that they noticed that the cyborgs aren't so bad in that timeline and opted to try and rehabilitate them somehow. T alternate Cell in this timeline could have tracked down the cyborgs at Capsule Corp and was able to absorb them that way.

Well, that's one explanation I can think of at least. We know so very little about the 4th timeline that it's largely just guesswork as to what would have happened.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:45 am

It's a big mystery. The series never even directly references the existence of this timeline, but it's a necessity that it exists based on how the series' time travel works and the background given on Cell and the Trunks he kills.

Presumably Bobbid and Dabra would still come to Earth, and then it's really anyone's guess whether or not the gang can manage to defeat Dabra, or whether they'd avoid awakening Boo without the extra drama of Vegeta trying to force Goku into a fight on Goku's sole day back on Earth. (Presumably, Goku would simply remain alive in this timeline, so they all might have their shit a little more together when Shin comes calling for help.)

If they get through that, most of Super could play out identically up until the ToP, in which #17's absence would force a different scenario. The only difference before that might be Goku not having Super Saiyan 3, which doesn't matter as soon as the God forms, which don't require it, come into play. Afterward, Moro wouldn't regain his powers without Boo dying, which also removes the impetus for Goku and Vegeta getting involved in the Granolah arc. Not sure if we'd get a Cell Max without the original making himself known either, which maybe means no Gohan Beast and both Gammas staying alive.
Beerus isn't interested in killing them. As long as they still ask Shen-Long about Super Saiyan God, everything still plays out just like in the main timeline.

Although, without Boo there to piss Beerus off, maybe he just enjoys Bulma's birthday party and leaves peacefully. In that case, everyone's toast when Freeza comes. (Though I'd imagine curiosity would get the better of Goku and co. either way.)

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:06 am

Cipher wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:45 am Beerus isn't interested in killing them. As long as they still ask Shen-Long about Super Saiyan God, everything still plays out just like in the main timeline.

Although, without Boo there to piss Beerus off, maybe he just enjoys Bulma's birthday party and leaves peacefully. In that case, everyone's toast when Freeza comes. (Though I'd imagine curiosity would get the better of Goku and co. either way.)
Without Mr. Satan hogging up the glory for Cell and Boo, would Videl and Gohan still meet and fall in love? That would make the ritual impossible. You'd have to assume Beerus spares Goku & co, Whis accepts to train them, and they can access SSG on their own for the post-BoG events to work.

Or maybe they wish for Tarble or future Trunks to be teleported to their location so they can do the ritual, :lol: .

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:36 am

Yuji wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:06 am
Cipher wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:45 am Beerus isn't interested in killing them. As long as they still ask Shen-Long about Super Saiyan God, everything still plays out just like in the main timeline.

Without Mr. Satan hogging up the glory for Cell and Boo, would Videl and Gohan still meet and fall in love? That would make the ritual impossible. You'd have to assume Beerus spares Goku & co, Whis accepts to train them, and they can access SSG on their own for the post-BoG events to work.

Or maybe they wish for Tarble or future Trunks to be teleported to their location so they can do the ritual, :lol: .
Without Buu to piss off beerus they don't even need the ritual.
Ironically it could lead to them finding broly early if Beerus wants to follow up or asks whis to find another.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:29 pm

Android Saga:
In this timeline it seems that Trunks did not train with Vegeta in the time chamber. Since Cell is not going around eating people in this timeline, it's likely that Trunks might have just left after getting the blueprints since there is no immediate threat of Cell. No Cell probably also means Goku is not as determined to train with Gohan to make the use of his potential. Thus, I think Goku and Vegeta end up using the time chamber together instead especially if we assume Trunks leaves early.
Piccolo likely still fuses with Kami since he was already considering finding a way to beat the androids himself. Piccolo vs 17 does not get interrupted and Piccolo likely wins this with his Light Grenade attack (judging by how shocked 17 was when Piccolo used that attack against Cell, I think in this timeline it would have put 17 out of commission). This is where 16 steps in and beats down Piccolo. Krillin still won't be able to bring himself to destroy 18 and Tien might show up to hold back Android 16 with the Kikoho after Piccolo is beaten.
Goku and Vegeta exit the time chamber and go to the scene of the fight. Goku fights 16 while Vegeta gets his rematch with 18. Krillin would probably attempt to convince Goku that the androids are not evil, just misguided and they can be set straight. There is a possibility that 16 uses his self-destruct feature to kill both himself and Goku which could lead to Goku refusing to come back. Since 16 was determined to kill Goku and only held off on that because of a greater threat in Cell, I can see this being the likely outcome.

Buu Saga:
This saga really depends on whether or not Goku dies by 16's hand. If Goku lives, then Vegeta is likely more mellowed out and they both have achieved SSJ2 within the 7 years. Dealing with Babidi's ship should not be an issue and they beat Dabura. Piccolo likely takes Gohan's place instead and maybe fights Pui Pui while Vegeta might deal with Dabura here. If Goku dies, then the Buu Saga happens mostly the same as the original except Piccolo would probably be the one doing the Z-Sword training and getting his potential unleashed by Old Kai. Gohan might end up being the one teaching Goten and Trunks the fusion dance. Also, knowing Piccolo, he'd finish off Super Buu unlike Gohan. I still think Mr. Satan would be famous using his World Champion status, just not to the extent that he was in the original.

BoG:
Pretty much happens the same way, even if there is no Buu I think the curiosity of Super Saiyan God would be too much to not explore.

RoF:
Piccolo pretty much holds off Freeza until Goku and Vegeta arrive, then Freeza gets dealt with more easily here.

U6:
Since Piccolo is much stronger here, he beats Frost and Magetta. He might also beat Cabba unless Vegeta specifically requests to fight Cabba. Either way, the Hit fight does not change.

Goku Black:
This one is tricky since the Goku Black that would come from this timeline would end up going to the timeline where Cell comes from to recruit that version of Zamasu. Trunks is dead in that timeline and it's questionable as to whether or not Babidi still invaded. Assuming everything is still intact, it would be either Bulma or Mai of that timeline going back in time to warn Goku and the others. Other than that, the Goku Black arc is mostly the same just without Trunks contributing.

ToP:
The ToP would be mostly the same as in the original except that Gohan might not participate and Piccolo would be stronger. Perhaps Yamcha gets to participate instead of Gohan this time? I think so. I'm going to assume 17 and 18 were redeemed so they will be there and 17 will come out the winner. Seeing how much stronger Piccolo is here, maybe he unlocks Orange Piccolo in this tournament? That would be interesting to see.

Broly:
Same as in the original.

Moro:
Same as in the original except Buu might not be there which might complicate some things, but Piccolo being much stronger here might allow for the arc to end earlier with his contribution.

Granolah:
Same as in the original.

Super Hero:
The Cell of this timeline likely ends up getting modified into Cell Max. Using the og Cell as his base instead of being made from scratch, this version of Cell Max may end up proving to be vastly more dangerous than the Cell Max we are familiar with. In this case, the battle is much more difficult and without Gohan, this might be a huge problem. If anything, Piccolo could use the Dragon Balls to unlock Gohan's potential which could then allow for Gohan Beast. An alternative could also be Piccolo teaming up with someone else instead of Gohan. Maybe Piccolo teams up with 17 this time and he gets his potential unlocked? As much as Super-era Super 17 would be entertaining to see... Idk if that would end up occurring, but I'm having fun here so screw it Orange Piccolo and Super 17 beat Cell Max in this timeline because I said so!

SonTao

Post by SonTao » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:41 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:21 pm AFAIK, there are four timelines (I know there's 7, this is about the whole androids thing)

Shoot, good question (and I see a lot of neat answers). Lemme drop some thoughts.

Since Trunks never went back in time to deal with Vegeta and train in the Time Chamber. He, also, isn't there to say "WRONG ANDROIDS GUYS!" Meaning--no distraction for Gero to use, and Vegeta finishes off the old man. Assuming another Cell doesn't come to this world... well, things get screwy. Gohan's potential is never really discovered since, to no one's surprise, he doesn't exactly want to fight unless there's a reason to. Goku and Vegeta keep making progress at the Super Saiyan wall. Since both Goku and Vegeta were able to push the boundaries of SSJ and in the case of Goku MASTER it in the span of 1 - 2 years, they have... oh, five years to push onward to Super Saiyan 2? Piccolo also has no need to fuse with Kami without the looming threat of Cell.

Years pass. Cell's embryo is still developing in the lab with the frozen bodies of 17 and 18. Gohan spars occasionally but not super fervently. Goten is faaaar stronger. Gohan gets to live a peaceful life in high school, occasionally going on outings as the Great Saiyaman. I would say he still attains Super Saiyan, since Goku and Piccolo both know Gohan has immense potential. While not on the level of SSJ2 Gohan or even mastered Super Saiyan Teen Gohan, he's still a buff young fellow. Though Goku and Piccolo are fussed since Gohan will be the next protector of Earth after everyone else passes. Since Gohan is still the Great Saiyaman, Videl is still an issue. Gohan decides to participate in the tournament. Goku goes to watch Goten participate alongside Trunks. The other Z Fighters come, but only to act as spectators when urged by Goku. Understandably, Babidi's bullshit goes as per usual. Majin Vegeta doesn't happen since he has no anger over Goku achieving SSJ3 (as it reasonably couldn't occur). Dabura dies, Babidi Babidies, and Buy's egg is sealed away.

Timeskip again, yippee. Just more training by Goku and Vegeta. SSJ3 is discovered, but not usable for long periods of time. Gohan is out of school, meaning his time is split between his job... and training. See, despite Goku and Vegeta still handling mostly everything well enough, Piccolo knows Buu would have absolutely TRASHED Earth. Therefore, he and Goku pushed Gohan into a life of training alongside his work in order to protect not only his world, but his wife. So hey, we have a consistently training Gohan. SSJ2 is easily achievable when you're are in constant fear of a universal evil awakening and being able to murder the only people who could protect both you and your wife. Beerus' shit occurs as per usual, SSG Goku happens, lovely time for all.

Much of Dragon Ball Super is similar to canon. Well, with the addition of Gohan being in far more battles and training, since his rate of growth is observable by Beerus and picked at repeatedly. Goku Black shows up in a completely barren timeline, meaning Bulma has to build a new, cruddy time machine to visit the Z Warriors to inform them of the coming threat. That goes a whole lot similarly, albeit Present Bulma has to build a BETTER time machine with Present Bulma. Goku Black and Zamasu die / get sealed since Vegeta is far more pissy about his past son being dead and determined to save that world. Future Bulma returns home to construct a new world. Though, she does end up going to Future Gero's lab to build new androids with leftover materials. Might as well make some new sentries.

Of course many other things differ. Gohan is far stronger and possibly even possesses SSG and SSGSS since he doesn't have Beast. Piccolo is weaker. 17 and 18 are replaced by Yamcha and Chiaotzu. In the future, they need to fight an even stronger Perfect Cell, a beastly threat that a fused being will need to take down. But in any case, that's only my interpretation.
Gohan is a neeeeerd.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:41 am

SonTao wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:41 pm

Shoot, good question (and I see a lot of neat answers). Lemme drop some thoughts.

Since Trunks never went back in time to deal with Vegeta and train in the Time Chamber. He, also, isn't there to say "WRONG ANDROIDS GUYS!" Meaning--no distraction for Gero to use, and Vegeta finishes off the old man. Assuming another Cell doesn't come to this world... well, things get screwy. Gohan's potential is never really discovered since, to no one's surprise, he doesn't exactly want to fight unless there's a reason to. Goku and Vegeta keep making progress at the Super Saiyan wall. Since both Goku and Vegeta were able to push the boundaries of SSJ and in the case of Goku MASTER it in the span of 1 - 2 years, they have... oh, five years to push onward to Super Saiyan 2? Piccolo also has no need to fuse with Kami without the looming threat of Cell.

Years pass. Cell's embryo is still developing in the lab with the frozen bodies of 17 and 18. Gohan spars occasionally but not super fervently. Goten is faaaar stronger. Gohan gets to live a peaceful life in high school, occasionally going on outings as the Great Saiyaman. I would say he still attains Super Saiyan, since Goku and Piccolo both know Gohan has immense potential. While not on the level of SSJ2 Gohan or even mastered Super Saiyan Teen Gohan, he's still a buff young fellow. Though Goku and Piccolo are fussed since Gohan will be the next protector of Earth after everyone else passes. Since Gohan is still the Great Saiyaman, Videl is still an issue. Gohan decides to participate in the tournament. Goku goes to watch Goten participate alongside Trunks. The other Z Fighters come, but only to act as spectators when urged by Goku. Understandably, Babidi's bullshit goes as per usual. Majin Vegeta doesn't happen since he has no anger over Goku achieving SSJ3 (as it reasonably couldn't occur). Dabura dies, Babidi Babidies, and Buy's egg is sealed away.

Timeskip again, yippee. Just more training by Goku and Vegeta. SSJ3 is discovered, but not usable for long periods of time. Gohan is out of school, meaning his time is split between his job... and training. See, despite Goku and Vegeta still handling mostly everything well enough, Piccolo knows Buu would have absolutely TRASHED Earth. Therefore, he and Goku pushed Gohan into a life of training alongside his work in order to protect not only his world, but his wife. So hey, we have a consistently training Gohan. SSJ2 is easily achievable when you're are in constant fear of a universal evil awakening and being able to murder the only people who could protect both you and your wife. Beerus' shit occurs as per usual, SSG Goku happens, lovely time for all.

Much of Dragon Ball Super is similar to canon. Well, with the addition of Gohan being in far more battles and training, since his rate of growth is observable by Beerus and picked at repeatedly. Goku Black shows up in a completely barren timeline, meaning Bulma has to build a new, cruddy time machine to visit the Z Warriors to inform them of the coming threat. That goes a whole lot similarly, albeit Present Bulma has to build a BETTER time machine with Present Bulma. Goku Black and Zamasu die / get sealed since Vegeta is far more pissy about his past son being dead and determined to save that world. Future Bulma returns home to construct a new world. Though, she does end up going to Future Gero's lab to build new androids with leftover materials. Might as well make some new sentries.

Of course many other things differ. Gohan is far stronger and possibly even possesses SSG and SSGSS since he doesn't have Beast. Piccolo is weaker. 17 and 18 are replaced by Yamcha and Chiaotzu. In the future, they need to fight an even stronger Perfect Cell, a beastly threat that a fused being will need to take down. But in any case, that's only my interpretation.
No Trunks doesn't get stopped trying to join the fight against 19 and 20, this trunks gets stopped after that, before he comes back to tell everyone he beat the androids in his time. So where our trunks killed imperfect Cell, he gets killed then, but he's either weaker or gets jumped or both.

People fuck up a lot about this.

They assume he can't have the blueprints without cell mentioning the basement, but Trunks was already thinking Gero had a way to controll them.
They think Kamiccolo would still happen, Kami explicitly says he doesn't think the droids are bad enough it's only cell that spurs him to action.
They also assume Trunks would dip as soon as he got the blueprints, he explicitly came to help them fight, he's not gonna leave till it's done. He also wanted to find a weakness or bring Goku back to help him fight, so he can't leave right away.

SonTao

Post by SonTao » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:15 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:41 am
SonTao wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:41 pm

No Trunks doesn't get stopped trying to join the fight against 19 and 20, this trunks gets stopped after that, before he comes back to tell everyone he beat the androids in his time. So where our trunks killed imperfect Cell, he gets killed then, but he's either weaker or gets jumped or both.

People fuck up a lot about this.

They assume he can't have the blueprints without cell mentioning the basement, but Trunks was already thinking Gero had a way to controll them.
They think Kamiccolo would still happen, Kami explicitly says he doesn't think the droids are bad enough it's only cell that spurs him to action.
They also assume Trunks would dip as soon as he got the blueprints, he explicitly came to help them fight, he's not gonna leave till it's done. He also wanted to find a weakness or bring Goku back to help him fight, so he can't leave right away.
Woof, thanks for catching me on that screw up. Then I guess that puts a stop to Cell in that timeline if they go and murder the androids then and there! That or they befriend the androids but still kill Cell later down the line. In any case, victory for the Z Fighters!
Gohan is a neeeeerd.