The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:57 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:06 am Who's the strongest DB character that our real world can defeat? Like if we combine every military force.
I dunno, Piccolo Daimao?
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:06 am Who's the strongest DB character that our real world can defeat? Like if we combine every military force.
Probably Tao Pai Pai.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:33 pm

Future Gohan vs. Android 19
Future Gohan vs. Android 20
Future Gohan vs. Android 19 and Android 20
Future Gohan vs. Vegeta (Prior to Time Chamber in Android saga)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:44 am

Peach wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:33 pm Future Gohan vs. Android 19
Gohan states Trunks will soon surpass him, there's a time skip, then Bulma states he's only about equal to Gohan she can't sense ki but he doesn't contradict her.

Gohan also said he was weaker than Dad was back then. So he's talking about Yardrat Goku plus however many years of casual training till he died.

Trunks then trains more before showing up for the present day androids so Gohan is weaker than people assume.

Maaaybe he cant take one android but only if they don't absorb any of his ki.

Vegeta wrecks him. He was doing damage to a stronger 18 when Gohan got beat by future 17 who's weaker than Current 17.

In fact we don't even need that logic we know vegetas stronger than trunks and trunks is stronger than future gohan at that point.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:05 pm

1. Sergeant Metallic, Drum, Nappa, Recoome, Android 16, Spopovich battle royale, all equal power levels, who comes out on top?

2. Jeice and Burter come back and get their potentials unlocked, assume they are equal to Gamma 1 and Gamma 2, which duo edges out a win? Who has the better teamwork?

3. King Gurumes, Buyon, Misokatsun, Botamo, Prum sumo match, all equal power levels, who remains standing?

4. Gine vs Chi-Chi

5. Who is the strongest character Hachimaru (Dr. Hedo's bee drone) can defeat?

SonTao

Post by SonTao » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:49 pm

Almighty Majin wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:05 pm 1. Sergeant Metallic, Drum, Nappa, Recoome, Android 16, Spopovich battle royale, all equal power levels, who comes out on top?

2. Jeice and Burter come back and get their potentials unlocked, assume they are equal to Gamma 1 and Gamma 2, which duo edges out a win? Who has the better teamwork?

3. King Gurumes, Buyon, Misokatsun, Botamo, Prum sumo match, all equal power levels, who remains standing?

4. Gine vs Chi-Chi

Spopovich or Android 16. Spopovich can un-break his neck. Which is astounding. I think overall, probably Spopovich because he isn't exactly the type of guy to stand around for posing--otherwise Recoome might've won.

While Gamma 1 and 2 have a brotherly bond having been built to act as a double act, Jeice and Burter have YEARS of battle experience and team attacks together. Gamma 1 and 2 are basically the same with different personalities. Jeice and Burter cover each other's weaknesses.

Buyon or Botamo, no question. Between those two though? Not sure.

Chi-Chi easy, she sparred with Goten / SSJ Goten alongside. Well. An entire past of being a martial artist, whereas Gine kinda just gave up and lost power over time.

I'd say... geez, anyone without alien D.N.A. Here's the thing. Hedo's drone administers such a potent poison in such a small amount that it can kill IMMEDIATELY. You can't just. Power up beyond poison. It's like saying The Rock wouldn't get affected by taking a cyanide pill. I'm willing to bet anyone with human enough physiology like Saiyans, Jeice's race, etc would get wiped out by it. Strongest person it could kill as of now? Son Goku, current day. No matter how divine you are, unless you develop an immunity to poison, you're gonna die. It even effected a cyborg like Magenta, so who knows. It could even kill cyborgs like Gero, 17, and 18.
Gohan is a neeeeerd.

SonTao

Post by SonTao » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:04 pm

Almighty Majin wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:49 pm I was thinking of what potential worst-case scenarios for the major DB villains could come up which involved a massive power up for each villain. The conditions are:
1. How can the current heroes at that point of the story win? They must win.
2. How much time will it require and what resources are needed? Assume that the current heroes are given the time to prepare.

Pilaf:
Tao Pai Pai:
King Piccolo:
Vegeta:
Freeza:
Cell:
Kid Buu:
Freeza (RoF):
Zamasu:
Moro:
Gas:
Cell Max:
Goku trains with Roshi, meets Krillin, yadda yadda. They could probably stomp from there. That is, unless the Red Ribbon Army doesn't unleash their androids first.

Group team up against Tao Pal Pai. His power boost is probably lower since Goku got a zenkai and the boost. I think he and Krillin could get the job done, add in Roshi if it's too much.

Depends on when he assimilates Kami. I think the only conceivable way for Goku and co to win is if Piccolo did this AFTER Goku trained under Kami. He'd know about the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Maybe he and the Z Fighters could exploit it, and if Bulma has enough time, they can make a gravity chamber. This would be a long term investment though. Meanwhile, most inbound fighters like Raditz would get merked by Piccolo. Training would take a while but the Z Fighters would eventually come out on top. Or maybe while they're training, Gero unleashes his Androids and claims victory over Piccolo. Who knows.

We are HEAVILY assuming Vegeta doesn't murder Goku here and now. We're also assuming he doesn't falsely believe this new power is enough to beat Frieza and he gets killed on Namek. So. This Vegeta's SSJ power level would be around 1,100,000, assuming his post zenkai base is still 22,000. I think Goku and crew could still try and pull out a victory by training in the gravity chamber. Plus, Vegeta would need to train to get a hold of SSJ, at least a bit.

I legitimately think Goku and crew are fucked, unless Future Trunks comes back and therefore proves a possible survivable future. Or Future Gohan. Whatever. In any case, it'd be SP Cell or Buu level Frieza at LEAST. No one can power up that fast--at least among the Z Fighters.

Goku has to stall for time against Cell as his foe tortures him with the strength of his son. Vegeta and the others have to scrape together a plan--being the Mafuba. While all the other Z Fighters distract Cell as he revels in his torture of the Z Fighters, Piccolo has to get it JUST RIGHT to seal Cell away. Tenshinhan, being a smart lad, pops the spell tag on afterward. From there, use the Dragon Balls to remove Gohan from Cell.

Shin has to warp Gohan immediately to the battlefield, and both Vegeta and Gohan fuse together. Since Ultimate Gohan is stronger than SSJ3 Goku, this should go fine.

Honestly, in this Frieza training with Vados situation, I don't think the heroes would really need to do anything. Beerus would just erase Frieza if he played about with the Z Fighters too much or got on his nerves. Plus, what Champa was doing is probably considered unlawful, so...

VERY slim chances of winning here. But, winnable either way. First, Zamasu needs to be so high on power that he lets at least one person get away. After that? Bring Majin Buu to the Future, but he needs to have absorbed all Z Fighters. When arriving in the future, he absorbs Goku and Vegeta if we assume it was Trunks who went back to the past. From there, stall with clone tactics until you can get the Mafuba off. This is a VERY slim win chance though since Gohan would have to suggest the absorption plan and I highly doubt anyone would miraculously think of that.

In the Moro situation, Moro rampages for god knows how long till Vegeta gets a full handle on the Hakai. From there, he wipes Moro out of existence after engaging in battle. I know it's bad to technically erase Goku in this scenario, but I'm not sure how possible it is for Vegeta to successfully remove Goku from Moro here.

In the Gas scenario? We gotta wait for Frieza to rock up and gut-punch Elec, or even kill him. He'd probably still spare Goku and Vegeta, though.

Gohan still goes Beast, still fights against Cell Max. Still probably wins. The power is the same, just with smarts attached. It goes pretty similar to the movie.
Gohan is a neeeeerd.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:46 pm

Obni vs SS2 Kale.
Rubalt vs Base Cabba [U6 arc; No Super Saiyan].
Botamo [No hax ability] vs Ultimate Gohan [Boo arc].
Dyspo [No speed advantage] vs Frost [ToP arc].
Top [No GoD form] vs SSR Goku Black [Can use his Scythe if needed].
Saonel and Pirina vs Golden Freeza [RoF arc].
Future Zamasu [No immortality] vs SS2 Cabba [ToP arc].
Krillin [ToP arc] vs Goku [Namek arc; No Super Saiyan].
Majikayo vs base Kefla [No transformations].
Kahseral vs Piccolo [ToP arc].

All anime of course.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:54 am

Say that Buu's absorption ability is a thing again, and he absorbs literally all of the most powerful fighters, maybe even fused (Gogeta, Gotenks, Freeza, Hit, Jiren, ...), do you think this would he enough to challenge the higher deities such as the Great Priest?

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:18 pm

nineko wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:54 am Say that Buu's absorption ability is a thing again, and he absorbs literally all of the most powerful fighters, maybe even fused (Gogeta, Gotenks, Freeza, Hit, Jiren, ...), do you think this would he enough to challenge the higher deities such as the Great Priest?
Boo's absorptions don't stack like that. The strongest single component he absorbs is what takes precedence and manifests into actualized power -- that's why he 'just' became Buff Boo, Bootenks, Boohan(and so on), despite having several other beings absorbed into his person at the time.

That said, Boo could absorb the likes of Whis and it wouldn't matter. GP would still own a theoretical 'WhiBoo' with a casual chop.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:01 am

Galan007 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:18 pm
nineko wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:54 am Say that Buu's absorption ability is a thing again, and he absorbs literally all of the most powerful fighters, maybe even fused (Gogeta, Gotenks, Freeza, Hit, Jiren, ...), do you think this would he enough to challenge the higher deities such as the Great Priest?
Boo's absorptions don't stack like that. The strongest single component he absorbs is what takes precedence and manifests into actualized power -- that's why he 'just' became Buff Boo, Bootenks, Boohan(and so on), despite having several other beings absorbed into his person at the time.

That said, Boo could absorb the likes of Whis and it wouldn't matter. GP would still own a theoretical 'WhiBoo' with a casual chop.
His absorptions' power definitely stacks, since he could use both Piccolo's intelligence and Gotenks' power and moves as Bootenks, and later could use Gotenks' Ghost attack even after they defused as Boohan. He just takes the form of his strongest component.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:56 pm

Yuji wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:01 am His absorptions' power definitely stacks, since he could use both Piccolo's intelligence and Gotenks' power and moves as Bootenks, and later could use Gotenks' Ghost attack even after they defused as Boohan. He just takes the form of his strongest component.
Boo can utilize certain traits from the characters he's absorbed, sure(he can also mimic a character's abilities without absorbing them.) But is there any evidence that all of the ki/power of those absorbed stack onto Boo's base?

Like was Boohan's actualized power equivalent to Super Boo + Gohan + Piccolo + Trunks + Goten..? Or was his actualized power 'just' equivalent to Super Boo + Gohan, and the others he absorbed were lying mostly dormant within Boo's person, but still available for him to pull certain abilities from if needed?

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:01 am

Absorbing relevant current characters...
With all this in his arsenal, he might be able to beat Beerus, Tori-bot willing of course. I have no idea if Whis and the other angels can really be surpassed, let alone Grand Priest. I would assume that a Buu with a bunch of Blue and UI level characters absorbed + hax abilities + god Ki enhancement + toon force would do the trick on at least Beerus and the other GoDs.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:15 pm

The fights are with the following rule: The fighter on the right has the same power level as the fighter on the left.
Ex: Nappa x saiyan arc Yamcha: Nappa had 4000 power lvl so Yamcha would face Nappa as though he had 4000 power lvl. (similar strenght/speed)

No transformations allowed.

Intelligence, experience, skills, stamina, personality and physiology are more of a factor.

1. Kid Buu vs Super Perfect Cell
2. Hit vs Super Janemba
3. Recoome vs Nappa
4. End of Namek Vegeta vs End of Namek Piccolo
5. Android 19 & 20 vs Android arc Krillin and Tien

YoungDefender

Post by YoungDefender » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:28 am

GatoF wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:15 pm The fights are with the following rule: The fighter on the right has the same power level as the fighter on the left.
Ex: Nappa x saiyan arc Yamcha: Nappa had 4000 power lvl so Yamcha would face Nappa as though he had 4000 power lvl. (similar strenght/speed)

Intelligence, experience, skills, stamina, personality and physiology are more of a factor.

2. Hit vs Super Janemba
3. Recoome vs Nappa
Cell over Kid Buu, and Androids 19/20 over Krillin and Tien easily.

The interesting ones here for me are Nappa v. Recoome and Vegeta v. Piccolo as they in some ways interesting semi-mirror matches. Both Nappa and Recoome are hulking psychopaths that lack somewhat in the intelligence department but make up for it in brutality and sadism.

I think Nappa overall has the edge as his battle rage has been proven to be deadly at worst and difficult to handle at best toward anyone who wasn't significantly more powerful than he was.

As for Vegeta and Piccolo post Namek.. assuming equal power levels this would be a very interesting fight but I think Vegeta has the psychological edge with the mind games and the advantage in underhanded and creative strategies whereas Piccolo I think has a bit more mental resilience when things are not going his way. This one would be close, but would say Vegeta given the ruthlessness and track record.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:46 pm

Probably Tao Pai Pai or Tenshinhan from the 22nd Budokai. Piccolo took over the world very easily.
Peach wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:33 pm Future Gohan vs. Android 19
Gohan can beat each Android individually, but he can't beat both together. If we're going by the TV Special, he might beat even Vegeta.
Almighty Majin wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:05 pm 1. Sergeant Metallic, Drum, Nappa, Recoome, Android 16, Spopovich battle royale, all equal power levels, who comes out on top?

4. Gine vs Chi-Chi

1. Spopovich for sure. Metallic and Drum aren't anything special (Goku ripped off Metallic's head with a casual KHH), Nappa and Recoome are dumb. Spopovich vs 16 is a tough one, but Spopovich was like a zombie.

2. Jeice and Burta have special combo attacks together. I think they beat the Gammas.

3. Botamo. I always saw him as an actual sumo wrestler, unlike the others who are just fat and durable.

4. Gine. Duh.

5. I think Kuririn is the strongest he can beat, so he falls for Android Saga Gohan.
ZombieVito wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:46 pm Obni vs SS2 Kale.
Rubalt vs Base Cabba [U6 arc; No Super Saiyan].
Botamo [No hax ability] vs Ultimate Gohan [Boo arc].
Dyspo [No speed advantage] vs Frost [ToP arc].
Top [No GoD form] vs SSR Goku Black [Can use his Scythe if needed].
Saonel and Pirina vs Golden Freeza [RoF arc].
Future Zamasu [No immortality] vs SS2 Cabba [ToP arc].
Krillin [ToP arc] vs Goku [Namek arc; No Super Saiyan].
Majikayo vs base Kefla [No transformations].
Kahseral vs Piccolo [ToP arc].

All anime of course.
Obuni stomps. Kale got trounced by SSJG Goku.

Rubalt, but barely. He gave Piccolo a tough time, and I think Piccolo shouldn't struggle this much with Base Cabba.

Botamo if Goku absorbing SSJG isn't retconned.

Dyspo. He seemed very close to Freeza, while Frost was clearly weaker.

Toppo is stronger, but Black wins by using the scythe to summon those dumb clones.

I think either Namekian could take on Freeza here.

Cabba wins. Future Zamasu was slightly below SSJ2 level by the start of the saga, and the Saiyans all improved fighting Goku Black.

Probably Kuririn. Even if he's weaker he's still a very tactical fighter.

Probably Kefla. Maji Kayo's best feat is trapping Dyspo, who's only SSJ2 tier at best.

Even 18 was running circles around Kahseral. Piccolo wins.
He could beat 2 or 3 gods at once, but I don't think he could beat all 12 together. Angels are completely off the table for anyone, they're invincible.
GatoF wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:15 pm The fights are with the following rule: The fighter on the right has the same power level as the fighter on the left.

2. Hit vs Super Janemba
3. Recoome vs Nappa
1. Kid Boo wins. Goku was very impressed with him because he was running merely on instinct.

2. Hit. Janemba has some funny abilities, but nothing that counters Time-Skip.

3. Nappa. He seems more battle hardened, and Recoome doesn't take fighting seriously.

4. Very, very close. Piccolo barely pulls off.

5. If the humans are aware of absorptions they could come up with a good plan. Otherwise the Androids win.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:17 pm

1. Piccolo vs Dyspo, equal power levels, sight disabled, hearing only. Who's hearing ability carries the battle?

2. Maji Kayo vs Meta Rilld, equal power levels, who is better at manipulating metal?

3. Meta-Cooler vs Hit, they start at equal power levels, but improve throughout the match, who has the faster growth and edges out the win?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:08 am

SSj5 GT Goku vs Super One Shenlong

If Goku went SSj5 at the end of the GT, would it be enough to win or does Goku still need a Geki Dama?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:33 am

Almighty Majin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:17 pm 1. Piccolo vs Dyspo, equal power levels, sight disabled, hearing only. Who's hearing ability carries the battle?

2. Maji Kayo vs Meta Rilld, equal power levels, who is better at manipulating metal?

3. Meta-Cooler vs Hit, they start at equal power levels, but improve throughout the match, who has the faster growth and edges out the win?
1. Dyspo is much faster than Piccolo so he would win due to faster reaction time as well

2. Rildo can integrate with metal on entire planet and he can turn enemies into metal so he would easily win

3. Hit absolutely wins thank to his time skip ability and experience in killing his targets (although Hit is melee fighter and Meta-Cooler can regenerate so Hit might not be able to kill him)
Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:08 am SSj5 GT Goku vs Super One Shenlong

If Goku went SSj5 at the end of the GT, would it be enough to win or does Goku still need a Geki Dama?
SSJ5 is not real so we can't predict how strong it would be. Every next form seemed to increase power even more compared to previous form, but we also know that fusion is much stronger. Vegetto SSJ was much stronger than Goku SSJ3. Gogeta in base was much stronger than Goku and Vegeta in SSJ Blue. So even if Goku went SSJ5 he would still probably be nowhere near Gogeta SSJ4. But Gogeta was overkill, so he could be stronger than Omega and probably would be stronger, but beating Omega and actually killing him is a different story as he could regenerate and was pretty tough as even Gogeta SSJ4 was surprised he survived Big Bang Kamehameha. Goku SSJ5 would need to fire extremely powerful blast with all his power to kill Omega for good probably. Regular Kamehameha wouldn't do anything.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:34 pm

2. Hit vs Super Janemba
3. Recoome vs Nappa
Boo is more unpredictable, has more techniques and superior regeneration. He should also take battle IQ.

Hit is the superior fighter in every way.

I agree Nappa would take it for playing around less.

Goes the same way as Goku vs Piccolo did, with Vegeta pulling off a narrow victory.

Assuming Kuririn and Ten already know about the absorption power, they'd win. If not, it's tougher but they'd win also.