Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [COMPLETE]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Clemsi

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Clemsi » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:57 am

Dragon Box Color Corrected by SoM is out.
Maybe Milkman will change his mind and use this release instead of using the french BD of AB Video to make the final version of Dragon Ball Recut.

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by MistaL » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:03 am

Clemsi wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:57 am Dragon Box Color Corrected by SoM is out.
Maybe Milkman will change his mind and use this release instead of using the french BD of AB Video to make the final version of Dragon Ball Recut.
I don't recall him saying anything about the AB Video version (or anything for the past few years). As far as I know using SoM's colour correction has been the plan since the last update.

Clemsi

Post by Clemsi » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:03 pm

I talked with Milkman on Discord a few months ago.
But I forgot I was not supposed to tell you this. :silent:

You can read this information on the Seed of Might Discord server anyway, so I hope Milkman will forgive me. :oops:

vanner64

Post by vanner64 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:13 pm

Thank for the words of appreciation. If anyone would like to know more about the Seed of Might color correction project mentioned, check it out here viewtopic.php?t=48267
That's all I'd like to say on this thread as I don't want to hijack the original topic.

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:47 pm

I do wish Milkman would give some updates here. I know he wanted to wait until there's something to announce, but I think a change in direction like that warrants something, and it's been so long since the last update that I feel dropping in to say he's still working on Boo Kai would hold a lot of people over.

Clemsi

Post by Clemsi » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:48 pm

Milkman was planning to use the French BD footage because he just vastly prefer the AB footage to dbox, color-corrected or not.

When I asked him if he's going to post on Kanzenshuu to update the topic, he said it's been so long that he's afraid to go in there at this point and that he will update Kanzenshuu when he actually have something to give them.

Maybe he will change his mind after seeing how beautiful the Dragon Box Color Corrected release of SoM is.

Anyway, I hope he won't be mad at me for telling you this. :oops:

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:06 pm

Clemsi wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:48 pm Milkman was planning to use the French BD footage because he just vastly prefer the AB footage to dbox, color-corrected or not.

When I asked him if he's going to post on Kanzenshuu to update the topic, he said it's been so long that he's afraid to go in there at this point and that he will update Kanzenshuu when he actually have something to give them.

Maybe he will change his mind after seeing how beautiful the Dragon Box Color Corrected release of SoM is.

Anyway, I hope he won't be mad at me for telling you this. :oops:
Haha, I'm sure it'll be fine. I was never worried about this never coming out or upset about the lack of updates; what I said was more for the other people who occasionally come in to whine that it's "dead" without ever having read his last updates.

Jarttis

Post by Jarttis » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:56 am

That French blu-ray is better than the SoM release. Not to discredit their work but yeah.
https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/16 ... 8346039296

So personally I got no issues with him planning to use the French blu-rays assuming the quality stays the same for the upcoming box sets.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:50 am

I'm not sure what you have to gain by linking Ajay's thread when said thread is very clear that both releases have their own strengths and weaknesses. AB has a cleaner image because of its upscaling, but this means that it's less authentic and will inevitably have artifacts. The colors pop more, but that slightly crushes dark detail and it's less-consistent overall.

There are reasons to prefer it and doing so is valid whether Milkman does or not, but there is no simple "better" or "worse" answer to this.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:00 pm

Shaddy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:50 am I'm not sure what you have to gain by linking Ajay's thread when said thread is very clear that both releases have their own strengths and weaknesses. AB has a cleaner image because of its upscaling, but this means that it's less authentic and will inevitably have artifacts. The colors pop more, but that slightly crushes dark detail and it's less-consistent overall.

There are reasons to prefer it and doing so is valid whether Milkman does or not, but there is no simple "better" or "worse" answer to this.
Don't DVDs have more artifacts?

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:22 pm

A DVD is not going to have artifacts from neural-net upscaling, and both the AB upscale and SoM's corrections are taken from the same Dragon Box footage.

CuttyFlam

Post by CuttyFlam » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:21 am

Shaddy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:22 pm A DVD is not going to have artifacts from neural-net upscaling, and both the AB upscale and SoM's corrections are taken from the same Dragon Box footage.
SoM uses their merged footage of the US and Japanese Dragon box footage so its not the exact same source footage as AB

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:51 am

Does anyone know if Milkman is going to do an Ocean Dub recut of Ball and Z? I'm looking for an editor

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:00 pm

Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:51 am Does anyone know if Milkman is going to do an Ocean Dub recut of Ball and Z? I'm looking for an editor
He's never indicated it, so no. Why do you need someone else to edit for you? Just learn

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:06 pm

I tried, not good at it. Why don't you mind your own business

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:25 pm

Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:06 pm I tried, not good at it. Why don't you mind your own business
You're posting in a public forum, dipshit lmao

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:33 pm

Little keyboard warrior pussy like yourself has no place here. Kill yourself

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:46 pm

Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:33 pm Little keyboard warrior pussy like yourself has no place here. Kill yourself
LMAOOOOO HOLY SHIT HAHAHAHAHAHA PFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD LMAOOOOOOO

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:52 am

Well, that was weird. Emphasis on "was."

Carry on!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:49 am

In fairness, making audio tracks for existing video is hard. I really want there to be an uncut EN dub of Sonic X, but extracting vocals from 2 (or more) versions of a show with no 5.1 audio, timing each line correctly and having good quality on top of 4kids fucking with the script and tons of lines and scenes being straight-up gone in English makes it kind of a nightmare to think about, even if you've got the best soundalikes or stolen AI lines on the market.

Uh, don't be a dickhead though. Not sure where that step got added to this guy's process.