Super Hero (and Netflix's One Piece) is proof it's time for a live-action DB movie franchise

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Super Hero is proof it's time for a live-action DB movie franchise

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:43 am

tinlunlau wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:13 am
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:27 am
mecha3000 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:24 am A live-action movie would finally get rid of the bias many people (John Campea to name one) have about "anime being this weird nerdy geek thing"
I remember at one point John Campea said he liked some anime, but I agree his hypocritical attitude calling Dragon Ball stupid and childish while praising things like the Lego movies is quite irritating. His video about Super Hero was also erroneously labelled the movie "Dragon Ball Super 2". You would think if a well known Internet personality like himself wanted to write Dragon Ball off as the rubbish he thinks it is he would do a bit of research on it :roll: .
Campea's such a tool. Rob is the true movie buff of the bunch. Also annoys me that Campea and the other cohosts laugh at Rob's expense for supporting physical media.
Well the jokes on John Campea now, as he seemed so sure Disney+ originals would never get physical releases and now Mandalorian, Wandavision and Loki are all being released on Blu-Ray and 4K.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:17 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:43 am

I remember at one point John Campea said he liked some anime, but I agree his hypocritical attitude calling Dragon Ball stupid and childish while praising things like the Lego movies is quite irritating. His video about Super Hero was also erroneously labelled the movie "Dragon Ball Super 2". You would think if a well known Internet personality like himself wanted to write Dragon Ball off as the rubbish he thinks it is he would do a bit of research on it :roll: .
Campea's such a tool. Rob is the true movie buff of the bunch. Also annoys me that Campea and the other cohosts laugh at Rob's expense for supporting physical media.
Well the jokes on John Campea now, as he seemed so sure Disney+ originals would never get physical releases and now Mandalorian, Wandavision and Loki are all being released on Blu-Ray and 4K.
He's too stubborn to admit there is a place for physical media. Lol! I'm heading to Hong Kong in a few days so I'll be on the lookout for some blurays there. Not much Dragon Ball stuff to look forward to but I do intend to seek out that Slam Dunk (re)source book that's supposed to provide some BTS stuff relating to The First Slam Dunk. The fact that it's underperforming in North America really disappoints me. it was such a good movie.
The world is your's.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:17 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:43 am

He's too stubborn to admit there is a place for physical media. Lol! I'm heading to Hong Kong in a few days so I'll be on the lookout for some blurays there. Not much Dragon Ball stuff to look forward to but I do intend to seek out that Slam Dunk (re)source book that's supposed to provide some BTS stuff relating to The First Slam Dunk. The fact that it's underperforming in North America really disappoints me. it was such a good movie.
The world is your's.