"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Rafa Fast » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:18 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland :yawn: Well if people want a remake of DB and Z so bad...it would be fine by me if the remake was at least a anime of SD, it would be pretty new I guess, just not want to go zzzzzz...

TheRed259 These rumours about the web anime being some sort of a "GT rewritten" have been spreading wildly since August, I was about to share one here a few weeks ago but I didn't knew if I could post unsourced rumours here.
At least for me they sound good, they give some weird neko majin and db online vibes fsr

Here's another one
New Details About The Web Anime

1. It’s probably not a sequel to ‘Super’. Episodes will be longer than 23 minutes, produced as weekly episodes, it may change later. New team. Announcement coming soon.

2. TV anime will be later. Maybe in 2023 or the 40th anniversary.

More details soon.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:55 am

MeMeDZEHH wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:44 pm
Rafa Fast wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:15 am
MeMeDZEHH wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:01 pm The web anime is supposed to have been in the works since September 2022, so they're bound to have something to show. Many dragon ball related people have been mia since 09/22.
Akio announced a new secret project twice before the first web anime rumour in September 2022, not only that but also that it was supposed to be released that year after Super Hero, not saying it necessarily had to be the web anime or Super 2, but later, Kubota in February (2023) said that there was no new DB animated project in the works, so as I said before, or Kubota was wrong or the project Akio was referring to has been shelved.
First of all, why would Kubota tell anyone that an anime is in the works? TOEI doesn't like leaks, and as we can see with the web series, leaks are very light.

Next Akiyo iyoku is no longer working with shueisha, so why would he be at New York Comic Con ?
If Capsule Corp has taken over the anime and gaming business, he will be there.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:40 am

TheRed259 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:15 pm Here is another unsourced rumor that I found:
- The new Dragon Ball anime will have a name like Magical World or Magical Adventure.
- It's an anime celebrating the 40 years of Dragon Ball.
- There are approximately 10-12 episodes which will be shown on Crunchyroll.
- Character design by Mr. Nakatsuru Katsuyoshi.
- Anime script by Toriyama Akira.
- The story will focus on Goku's adventures. Exploring the world/universe of Dragon Ball.
- Shin will play a main role in this sector.
- The story of one of the "tribes" introduced in the main story will be revealed.
- The story hasn't gone past the original ending.
- All the main characters appear.
- The story continues similar to the first part of GT (Goku returns to being a child).
- There is no berserk fighting feel.
- Canon 100%.
Yeah sounds trustworthy.

MeMeDZEHH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:43 pm

sangofe wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:55 am
Rafa Fast wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:15 am
Akio announced a new secret project twice before the first web anime rumour in September 2022, not only that but also that it was supposed to be released that year after Super Hero, not saying it necessarily had to be the web anime or Super 2, but later, Kubota in February (2023) said that there was no new DB animated project in the works, so as I said before, or Kubota was wrong or the project Akio was referring to has been shelved.
First of all, why would Kubota tell anyone that an anime is in the works? TOEI doesn't like leaks, and as we can see with the web series, leaks are very light.

Next Akiyo iyoku is no longer working with shueisha, so why would he be at New York Comic Con ?
What's the point for shueisha to sell the right for dragon ball ?? even if they agree to sell, how will iyoku find the money?

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:20 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:15 pm Here is another unsourced rumor that I found:
- The new Dragon Ball anime will have a name like Magical World or Magical Adventure.
- The story will focus on Goku's adventures. Exploring the world/universe of Dragon Ball.
- The story of one of the "tribes" introduced in the main story will be revealed.
- The story continues similar to the first part of GT (Goku returns to being a child).
- Canon 100%.
Huh... for the last while now, I've been wondering if this DB web anime is supposed to be a remake/reboot on the level of Sailor Moon Crystal, but that fact that it seems to be relevant story-wise definitely changes things a bit.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:53 pm

I remember seeing somewhere that Toriyama didn't want to reach EoZ because he sees it as a problem that the characters there are too old, what if in the web anime this problem will be solved and that's why he's involved? (assuming that what I said is true ofc)
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:42 am

MeMeDZEHH wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:43 pm
sangofe wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:55 am

What's the point for shueisha to sell the right for dragon ball ?? even if they agree to sell, how will iyoku find the money?
He's one of few people Toriyama has a close relation to and trust.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:47 pm

Well, I guess it's confirmed Goku is being turned back into a kid in the Web Anime.
The most verified leaker is hinting at it.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:04 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:47 pm Well, I guess it's confirmed Goku is being turned back into a kid in the Web Anime.
If this is true: Nozawa's voice is going to hurt so much.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:04 pm
Xeogran wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:47 pm Well, I guess it's confirmed Goku is being turned back into a kid in the Web Anime.
I feel bad for Nozawa here because it's far too late into her age for them to recycle this idea. They could have done it 10 years ago or something. This long break only hurt everyone in the long run, age can't be stopped after all.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:34 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:13 pm
I feel bad for Nozawa here because it's far too late into her age for them to recycle this idea. They could have done it 10 years ago or something. This long break only hurt everyone in the long run, age can't be stopped after all.
Honestly, even ten years ago is too late. Nozawa's Child Gohan is really not good in Dragon Ball Kai. The only way this works is if it's not Nozawa voicing the character.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:37 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:34 pm

Honestly, even ten years ago is too late. Nozawa's Child Gohan is really not good in Dragon Ball Kai. The only way this works is if it's not Nozawa voicing the character.
Well it will be her since she was voicing him in Kakarot.
And it's not like the dub version will be any better, because most people online complained about the dub actress's performance as Kid Goku in Kakarot.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:46 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:37 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:34 pm

Well it will be her since she was voicing him in Kakarot.
And it's not like the dub version will be any better, because most people online complained about the dub actress's performance as Kid Goku in Kakarot.
I mean, I haven't watched dubs since the 2000s, so I'm hardly invested in that.

Who knows, maybe a miracle will happen.
She/Her
bisexual milf

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:07 pm

- Canon 100%.
I don't like the idea of Nakatsuru come back as character designer and I never thought it would happen. Let the new gen like Shintani and Kubota take over once and for all.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sonrazor

Post by sonrazor » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:57 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:07 pm
- Canon 100%.
I don't like the idea of Nakatsuru come back as character designer and I never thought it would happen. Let the new gen like Shintani and Kubota take over once and for all.
Shintani is most definitely involved.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:31 pm

The latest rumor I've heard is something about a forgotten race appearing in the canon/main story.

Also:

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Film's Extended Edition Screens in U.S. Theaters on October 17-18 for 10th Anniversary

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:07 am

- Canon 100%.
I just realized something. If Goku really is going to be turned into a kid again and is sent back in time (according to one leaker I saw in passing), maybe the series will be a sort of "What-If: Goku knew about how his future will play out, and tries to navigate through his life, changing things (unintentionally or not), thus changing the future.

You know what... is it possible EoZ will be 'retconned' somewhat via this to return to the manga/original anime's version instead of whatever Super is set to change up?

I know this is all fanfic-y, but I can't help but wonder...

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:30 am

Who is this leaker, and what are they saying?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:43 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:30 am
oecuf0, who has a pretty good track record, posted a classical DB pic of Kid Goku riding the Flying Nimbus.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:09 am

Xeogran wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:43 am
sangofe wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:30 am
oecuf0, who has a pretty good track record, posted a classical DB pic of Kid Goku riding the Flying Nimbus.
What is his trackrecord? Has he leaked stuff for Dragon Ball before?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time