Who are the current warriors in universe 7?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Who are the current warriors in universe 7?

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:48 pm

So, with EoZ getting closer than ever, and also with several dream teams made by fans for a supposed "ToP 2" I was wondering, what is the current status of Universe 7 Warriors? How many of them are still active and which can still return and which are no longer warriors? This is just speculation, some of the warriors we never saw fighting again could come back out of nowhere and others who continue fighting could also stop out of nowhere, i'll try to base myself on the general situation of the universe during the last chapters of Super and mixing it with details from End of Z, I really hope I haven't forgotten something or someone, if so, please tell me

Z Warriors / Dragon Team
Returning
  • Goku: no discussion
  • Vegeta: no discussion
  • Gohan: returned for fights, got a new transformation, is in the 28th TB, definitely returning
  • Piccolo: got a new transformation, is in the 28th TB, definitely returning
  • Kuririn: Still active in almost every saga since the RR saga, his work in the police even helped him to find about the rise of the new villains in Super Hero, definitely returning
  • Android 18: Seems to have returned for battles after the ToP, fought in the Moro and Super Hero sagas, and she's in the 28th TB, so definitely returning.
Possibly Returning
  • Android 17: Fought in the ToP and returned for Moro, but absent is from Super Hero and the 28th TB, well, he has a family, so idk, I think he may be returning.
  • Tenshinhan: After the Cell Games he makes a minor appearance in the Boo Saga, in Super he participates in the group reunions, while he's not in the 28th TB, he have his reasons, so most likely will return.
  • Kame Sennin: retired from fighting after the Piccolo Daimaoh saga, but returned in Fukkatsu no 'F', since then, he always participates in the group reunions, and he's in the 28th TB, so most likely will return
  • Boo: was meant to help in the two multiverse tournaments, really helped in the Moro arc by awakening his "Dai Kaioshin form", so most likely will return.
Impossible to Tell:
  • Yamcha: After the Cell Games, he retired from fighting, but he returned for the Moro Saga, he's not in the 28th TB, so it's really hard to tell if he'l be returning.
  • Chaozu: while he still trains, he never fought again after the Saiyajin Saga, but he returns in the Moro Saga, he's not in the 28th TB for the same reasons as Tenshinhan, so also hard to tell if he'll be returning.
Not Returning
  • Yajirobe: doesn't like fighting, never fought again after the Saiyajin Saga, definitely no returning.
New Generation
Returning
  • Trunks: Seems interested in battles and is in the 28th TB, definitely returning.
  • Goten: same as Trunks
  • Pan: same as Goten and Trunks, she even likes training, definitely returning.
  • Uub: Goku has plans on training him since the Champa arc (IIRC), it's later revealed that he has god ki and we all know what happens in the 28th TB, definitely retunring.
Galactic Patrol
Not Returning
  • Jaco: it seems that Fukkatsu no 'F' was really his first and only contribution to the Z warriors, Moro was of his business, so definitely not returning
  • Merus: just like Jaco, Moro was of his business, and since he lost his powers, he's definitely not returning.
Individuals
Returning
  • Freeza: Not a allie, but the ToP has proven that when something really catastrophic happens to the point that it forces him to cooperate with his enemies, he will do such, and of course, he got a new transformation, definitely returning
  • Broly: Likes battles and is training with Goku and Vegeta, definitely returning.
Possibly Returning
  • Gamma 1: now working in the capsule corp, probably going to show up whenever a new menace shows up.
Impossible to tell
  • Granolah: probably up to this point is already dead? It's unknow so far, it's really unlikely that he will return
Not Returning
  • Tarble: never seen fighting and doesn't even seem to like fights at all, and disappeared after the Abo & Kado invasion, definitely not returning.
  • The Remaining Cell Juniors: showed up once and all of them don't seem to be able to leave 17's island, definitely not returning.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Re: Who are the current warriors in universe 7?

Post by nineko » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:00 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:48 pmGohan: returned for fights, got a new transformation, is in the 28th TB, definitely returning
Piccolo: got a new transformation, is in the 28th TB, definitely returning
Android 18: Seems to have returned for battles after the ToP, fought in the Moro and Super Hero sagas, and she's in the 28th TB, so definitely returning
None of them participated in the 28th TB.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:01 pm

I said that they were in the tournament, not that they participated
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:05 am

I mean obviously the Tori and Toyo use who they want but logically, if we are talking about TOP 2 specifically.

I think it depends on if there are world ending stakes or not.

Certain:

Gohan
Piccolo
Goku
Vegeta
Uub (only if it's after EoZ)

Broly (if he's written to have got himself under control by then I put him at highly probable because it's time they use him again)

Probable:
Tenshinhan
(would want to test his skills and redeem his TOP performance. But they might just have him retire to work on the dojo which would suck, they also have new characters to play with)

Kuririn and 18.
(If theres no prize money or world ending stakes they shouldn't but supers generally kept them around)

(is not going to want to leave the island without world ending stakes and having repaid the debt to kuririn, but he's popular so they might write him in.)

Gamma 1
(Might not have any interest if there's no opportunity for heroism)

Buu
(Hes op and they have avoided using him before, hes also part kaioshin so shouldn't be allowed BUT using him at this point would be a subversion)

Freeza
(If there's nothing in it for him I don't see him going, also a chance he's killed in some black Freeza arc first. If it's not world ending stakes they don't need to invite him either.)

Goten and Trunks
(They seem to be getting some play again I see them more likely now)

Improbable:

Meerus
(No telling how powerful he actually is as a mortal also without big stakes he's not going to want to leave his post.)

Roshi
(Well overdue for re-retirement)

Yamcha
(Got some play in the moro arc but tbh the lack of slots left on the team is his biggest problem)

Chaozu
(See above)
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:59 am

TobyS wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:05 amBuu
(Hes op and they have avoided using him before, hes also part kaioshin so shouldn't be allowed BUT using him at this point would be a subversion)
I never thought about it in this way, but now I do have to wonder if they made him fall asleep right before the ToP not to spoil the Kaiohshin reveal in the Moro arc, imagine if Buu got to the ToP just to be told "you can't participate because you have a Kaiohshin inside you" and everyone went "what" (they technically knew, but they probably forgot at that point).

If this was Toriyama alone, I would never think he planned this in advance, but since there are other people involved and the plot is more consistent now, this actually is possible.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:44 am

nineko wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:59 am
TobyS wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:05 amBuu
I never thought about it in this way, but now I do have to wonder if they made him fall asleep right before the ToP not to spoil the Kaiohshin reveal in the Moro arc, imagine if Buu got to the ToP just to be told "you can't participate because you have a Kaiohshin inside you" and everyone went "what" (they technically knew, but they probably forgot at that point).

If this was Toriyama alone, I would never think he planned this in advance, but since there are other people involved and the plot is more consistent now, this actually is possible.
It could be that they didn't think of it at the time, but would use that as the go to excuse now it's been established, rather than a reveal, I'd prefer that excuse to the increasingly unlikely sleeping at the wrong time always excuse, if they are adamant at not using him anyway.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:38 pm

nineko wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:00 pm
Rafa Fast wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:48 pmGohan: returned for fights, got a new transformation, is in the 28th TB, definitely returning
Piccolo: got a new transformation, is in the 28th TB, definitely returning
Android 18: Seems to have returned for battles after the ToP, fought in the Moro and Super Hero sagas, and she's in the 28th TB, so definitely returning
None of them participated in the 28th TB.
If you ask me, I think the absence of so many faces from the rosters of the 28th tournament speaks to their enthusiasm for fighting by that point. It's one thing to act in defence of the planet when it's in jeopardy, but what about participating in combat because it's a passion of yours? We know that Piccolo never gave up the activity, but he's seen amongst the spectators. The only ones from the classic group are Goku and Vegeta. For some reason, the optics there just don't appeal to me. I'd like to see the others involved because, let's be frank, Super has caused a lot of questions to be raised as to what the dynamics are like when related to the epilogue.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:13 pm

Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks and Pan are the only ones who enjoy fighting, but Pan might be too young to join serious tournaments. If it's high stacked then everyone can show up. Broly, Boo and Oob are both wild cards that depend on just the intentions of the authors.

Gohan, 17 and 18 don't like fighting. They only fight world ending threats, and sometimes even that isn't enough (18 wanted to be paid, 17 had a debt with Kuririn and needed someone to protect his island). We don't know about Gamma 1 yet, but I bet he's on this group.

Humans can show up, but they're not making a difference anyway.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!