Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:41 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:28 pmKai Kai
Mind explaining what this is? :crazy:

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:54 pm

GhostEmperorX wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:41 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:28 pmKai Kai
Mind explaining what this is? :crazy:
A Teleportation technique. Per the Daizenshuu Special Attack Dictionary:
Kai-Kai
First Appearance: Chapter 470
Category: ability
People: Kibito, Kaioshin
Special Characteristics: An ability where it is possible to instantly move anywhere in the entire universe. It is possible to not just move the user, but other people as well. Kibito used this technique to move between planets. In order to rescue Goku and the others from the Earth-destroying attack fired by Majin Buu (pure), Kaioshin used this technique to move from the Kaioshin Planet to Earth and back again (Daizenshuu 4, p.55).
Super has since established that Kai-Kai works beyond the confines of the Universe - Shin takes Whis and Goku direct to Zeno's Palace using this technique, as SupremeKai25 notes. But the technique needn't be antithetical to any concept of adventure - if this goes all over the Universe, Kai-Kai might be the means by which Shin and Goku travel and so it could facilitate their adventures.

Majin Man 101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Man 101 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:04 pm

I think I am going to cry. I have been waiting for years and I think now it is finally happening!!! LETS GO!!!

IF the rumors are true, I think the narrative that GT had good ideas, but just failure to execute has just been amplified. I am excited for this new anime and I am ready to see it in action. Nakatsuru coming back? Glorious.

I wonder if Sumitomo will do the music or if they will use Naoki Sato? HMMMMM.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:05 pm

Toxin45 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:12 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:06 pm Probably the most plausible leak I've seen in some time, glad they actually gave some concrete detail this time - though I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket, considering Geekdom and all the usual suspects' lacklustre track record. If true, it would be refreshing to see them move away from the Super branding, at least in animation. Obviously, a return to the concept of Goku being de-aged immediately brings GT to mind, but I'm glad that they keep emphasising that it isn't anything like either GT or Super, it's something completely new. Shin of all people being the one to partner up with Goku is an unexpected choice but it could be a fun dynamic. A limited series with a more grand, mythical adventure feel like the original source material sounds very promising.

Also interesting that they note Toyotaro's Super manga will simultaneously continue undisturbed (though honestly, I can't see more than one or two more Super arcs in the tank). I always had an inkling that if there was going to be another animated series, it wouldn't directly adapt the manga-exclusive arcs and diverge in a completely different direction.
I feel super manga will have five more arcs after superhero magic seems like more of a side story to super
There could be that many, there's potential for it, but I no longer have any high hopes for ambitious long term plans for that comic. I can see Toyotaro doing one more arc centring around other universes, then finally a climactic arc wrapping up Black Freeza and any other loose ends, possibly leading directly to the EOZ timeframe. Magic (if it's real) might be the start of a whole new initiative of side stories.

If all the countless leaks over the last few years have actually been pointing towards this project but nobody found any exact details until now, this is either Toriyama's best kept secret or his worst. It's weird to think that he wrote the script for Super Hero immediately after finishing Broly, but the film didn't materialise until after he started working on Magic. That might explain why he was surprised that they kept the "Super" branding.
Last edited by LoganForkHands73 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:07 pm

I really want to see if DB could get the animation One Piece is having. I dont like the style used in Super Hero.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:14 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:05 pm
Toxin45 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:12 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:06 pm Probably the most plausible leak I've seen in some time, glad they actually gave some concrete detail this time - though I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket, considering Geekdom and all the usual suspects' lacklustre track record. If true, it would be refreshing to see them move away from the Super branding, at least in animation. Obviously, a return to the concept of Goku being de-aged immediately brings GT to mind, but I'm glad that they keep emphasising that it isn't anything like either GT or Super, it's something completely new. Shin of all people being the one to partner up with Goku is an unexpected choice but it could be a fun dynamic. A limited series with a more grand, mythical adventure feel like the original source material sounds very promising.

Also interesting that they note Toyotaro's Super manga will simultaneously continue undisturbed (though honestly, I can't see more than one or two more Super arcs in the tank). I always had an inkling that if there was going to be another animated series, it wouldn't directly adapt the manga-exclusive arcs and diverge in a completely different direction.
I feel super manga will have five more arcs after superhero magic seems like more of a side story to super
There could be that many, there's potential for it, but I no longer have any high hopes for ambitious long term plans for that comic. I can see Toyotaro doing one more arc centring around other universes, then finally a climactic arc wrapping up Black Freeza and any other loose ends, possibly leading directly to the EOZ timeframe. Magic (if it's real) might be the start of a whole new initiative of side stories.

If all the countless leaks over the last few years have actually been pointing towards this project but nobody found any exact details until now, this is either Toriyama's best kept secret or his worst. It's weird to think that he wrote the script for Super Hero immediately after finishing Broly, but the film didn't materialise until after he started working on Magic. That might explain why he was surprised that they kept the "Super" branding.
Nah your idea is not working probably just ends super after superhero arc.
Magic is just 14-15 episodes just short feels like this is just an excuse by toei to bring ssj4 into canon

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:40 pm

Who is this for? Like who's the target audience for this?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:41 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:40 pm Who is this for? Like who's the target audience for this?
kids and og fans

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:53 pm

This will be intreasting if it turns out to be true.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:18 pm

Toxin45 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:41 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:40 pm Who is this for? Like who's the target audience for this?
kids and og fans
But didn't the first part of GT try to appeal to OG fans? That didn't work. And how well did DBS (who was aimed at a younger audience) do with kids? I'm not sure about the Japanese fanbase, but outside of that the main people I've seen pick up Super were Dragon Ball Z fans.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:34 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:18 pm
kids and og fans
But didn't the first part of GT try to appeal to OG fans? That didn't work. And how well did DBS (who was aimed at a younger audience) do with kids? I'm not sure about the Japanese fanbase, but outside of that the main people I've seen pick up Super were Dragon Ball Z fans.
toriyama is more invovled this feels like a redo of gt's first arc but more diffferent.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:57 pm

I'm excited to see the full staff list. Nakatsuru returning to do more DB is great. I feel like his art improved a lot post-GT. It's also kinda funny that he's back because Kubota is so obviously inspired by the way Nakatsuru draws DB and he was the animation director for Super Hero. Aya Komaki's a great director. I enjoyed all of her episodes from One Piece. It's been sooo long since we've had hand drawn DB (we don't talk about Heroes) that I've missed the feeling of looking forward to who's working behind the scenes.

As for the story, even though Goku turning into a kid again in GT was one of the worst things about it for me, I feel as though Toriyama can do something interesting with it for like a one-off anniversary project. I just hope it isn't like a journey through time story, where they look back at the history of DB. That would be lame. Gimme something new.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:00 pm

kids and og fans
Dragon Ball Super is popular enough to just keep going, so it's quite popular.

The animated series seems to be aimed at the same audience as Super, so it'll likely do just as well as Super.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:25 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:00 pm

kids and og fans

The animated series seems to be aimed at the same audience as Super, so it'll likely do just as well as Super.
I mean, why not just bring back Super? I might be alone in thinking this but I would definitely welcome filler hell and some movie adaptions with open arms. Especially if it means we can get a Broly fight as good as the recent One Piece episodes.

Also, didn't Geekdom say this was aimed at a younger audience in his video about this?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:31 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:25 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:18 pm But didn't the first part of GT try to appeal to OG fans? That didn't work. And how well did DBS (who was aimed at a younger audience) do with kids? I'm not sure about the Japanese fanbase, but outside of that the main people I've seen pick up Super were Dragon Ball Z fans.

I mean, why not just bring back Super? I might be alone in thinking this but I would definitely welcome filler hell and some movie adaptions with open arms. Especially if it means we can get a Broly fight as good as the recent One Piece episodes.

Also, didn't Geekdom say this was aimed at a younger audience in his video about this?
You don't get much younger than Dragon Ball Super's audience, and if you do, there just won't be any fighting at all.

They're [suppposedly] doing this series because they feel like it, just like why they haven't done a new continuation of Dragon Ball Super.

Or this is all fake and who knows!

Personally, I just want a series where Tomioka Atsuhiro gets to write whatever he wants and a good series director is able to produce something really cool. I'm not in favor of yet another project where Toei bends over backwards to accomidate Toriyama.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:35 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:31 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:25 pm

You don't get much younger than Dragon Ball Super's audience, and if you do, there just won't be any fighting at all.

They're [suppposedly] doing this series because they feel like it, just like why they haven't done a new continuation of Dragon Ball Super.

Or this is all fake and who knows!

Personally, I just want a series where Tomioka Atsuhiro gets to write whatever he wants and a good series director is able to produce something really cool. I'm not in favor of yet another project where Toei bends over backwards to accomidate Toriyama.
HEY! Precure is for VERY young children and it still has lots of fighting. Sure the animation isnt the best because its not longer a favored production within the company but it has loads of fighting.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:37 pm

Sounds like another waste of time to me.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:38 pm

Boy the the dragonball youtubers are really arguing with each other on Twitter right now lol.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:15 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:54 pm
A Teleportation technique.
I remember what it is now, but if you don't mind me asking, what are the characters for this move's name?

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:27 am

GhostEmperorX Kami, Popo, Uranai Baba, Dabura, Kid Boo, Daishinkan, Manba, Demigra and if we can be sure, all of the Kaioshins, from all of the universes, including Zamasu in Goku's body (credits to DB wiki)
-
Well, It can be only me, but this seems to be a Compilation of every single rumour we got so far since the very first one in September 2022

Stuff as Toriyama writing it
Kubota, Shintani and Takahashi both returning
Has no relation to Super
All of these date back to November or December 2022 IIRC

Others as the per episode length date back to 2 months ago, I remember that the whole "GT" thing started in late July, in a 4chan post

Found it interesting that neither of the Geekdom and DBS Chronicles leaks mention the "an ancient, long-forgotten race will return" rumour, because I think it could really tie well with the "demon villain" one.

"Kaioshin also turning into a kid", "90's art style" and the title being "DB Magic" are the new ones for me
I don't trust the title part, "Magic" imo sounds like way too much a obvious name the leaker thought about because "Kaioshin" and "Demons" are both elements that were initially presented in the Boo saga, and that saga was all about magic.

Also, does anyone here know what "SSP" means? Saw this being said more than twice in a few random rumours in the last few days "it's a SSP series", I think "SS" might mean "Streaming Service" or "Side Story" and the "P" is for "Production" or "Project".
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.