Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Post by Jord » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:29 am

While this is obviously fake I certainly hope that when we get a new series or whatever it won't have too much of a focus on young Goku. Harsh to say but Nozawa really can't do that young voice anymore. Her recent performances, like in Kakarot sound incredibly strained. Hard to listen to.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:04 am

As someone who likes GT, I'm happy with this news.

But I'm also wondering, where is Pan in all of this? With her and Goku both being kids again ( :lol: ) , and also being the newest member of the Z-Fighters, it would be weird if she misses on a possible adventure after the setup that Super Hero did with her.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:08 am

GhostEmperorX wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:15 pmI remember what it is now, but if you don't mind me asking, what are the characters for this move's name?
界界

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:57 am

nineko wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:08 am
GhostEmperorX wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:15 pmI remember what it is now, but if you don't mind me asking, what are the characters for this move's name?
界界
According to the Daizenshuu, actually, it's just a Katakana name. The entry also includes a panel from the manga where the technique is being used, and it's also just Katakana there; no Kanji involved. So, it's カイカイ.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:49 am

"Takes place before End of Z"

...you lost me there.

Real talk though... if this is a thing, it feels like a MASSIVE waste of resources what they intend the narrative to [allegedy] be.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:59 am

Xeogran wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:04 am As someone who likes GT, I'm happy with this news.

But I'm also wondering, where is Pan in all of this? With her and Goku both being kids again ( :lol: ) , and also being the newest member of the Z-Fighters, it would be weird if she misses on a possible adventure after the setup that Super Hero did with her.
It is just shin and goku it is just a web project with 13-15 episodes nothing to serious

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:11 am

Sorry for being negative Nancy, but..why Shin? He is one of most boring and useless characters in series.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:47 am

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:57 am According to the Daizenshuu, actually, it's just a Katakana name. The entry also includes a panel from the manga where the technique is being used, and it's also just Katakana there; no Kanji involved. So, it's カイカイ.
Well, given the context, if you went to a Chinese translation or something they'd also have it be the same characters.
But anyway, I see that it's just the usual DB-esque joke/nonsense kind of name.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:10 am

Toxin45 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:59 am It is just shin and goku it is just a web project with 13-15 episodes nothing to serious
If these eps are 40 minutes long then overall it's much longer than one would think. Having just the two of them interact while the rest are all new characters is pretty weird.
coola wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:11 am Sorry for being negative Nancy, but..why Shin? He is one of most boring and useless characters in series.
If it's true that Shin gets turned into a kid too then he'll probably get more character, I guess?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:13 am

coola wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:11 am Sorry for being negative Nancy, but..why Shin? He is one of most boring and useless characters in series.
He is "boring and useless" because he is seen as an incompetent Kai by a large part of the fandom, due to not having finished his training before Buu killed his mentors (and not living up to the hype of his debut scene at the World tournament, where he looked like the main arc villain). So the fandom regularly makes fun of him or underrates him because he was a push-over in the Buu saga.

This series will give him the chance to grow into his role better and hopefully redeem himself in the eyes of the fandom.

Furthermore, Super has been focusing on the Gods throughout its story, and the Supreme Kais were no exception. In fact, we even had two arcs that were centred around a Supreme Kai, or involved a Supreme Kai in a major way (Future Trunks arc and Moro arc).

It is not surprising to have a whole series about Supreme Kai.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:22 am

Another waste of time, resources and money. If they want to redo the GT, it would be better to set it after EoZ. EoZ is overstuffed with useless arcs, no need for another one. Also, I don't want GT remake without Pan and Trunks. Shin could be a nice addition to the team, though.

If they want to have kid Goku as a protagonist, why won't they remake the OG Dragon Ball? It could work as a web series too. And fans would lose their minds.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:28 am

All this happining bewteen Buu and the last few episodes is really odd...

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:45 am

Are people really buying this?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:46 am

Trouser wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:22 am Another waste of time, resources and money. If they want to redo the GT, it would be better to set it after EoZ. EoZ is overstuffed with useless arcs, no need for another one. Also, I don't want GT remake without Pan and Trunks. Shin could be a nice addition to the team, though.

If they want to have kid Goku as a protagonist, why won't they remake the OG Dragon Ball? It could work as a web series too. And fans would lose their minds.
The timeline placement is not going to be why this supposed series is or is not good, the lack of any character development is going to be why the supposed series is bad.
Last edited by JulieYBM on Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:47 am

eledoremassis02 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:28 am All this happining bewteen Buu and the last few episodes is really odd...
Goku gets turned into a kid before EoZ and after EoZ now :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:54 am

I'm seeing a lot of people angry on social networks because they want the manga new arcs adapted and I understand them. At this rate we may not have that before 2025 in the earliest and that's depressing...

As for the web anime stuff. The name is cool, Goku becoming a kid again not really and Kaioshin being his travel partner not either because he's a boring character. I hope there's more tagging along.

It feels like a GT 2.0 but at the same time gives me vibes of Journey to the West, which I assume that's where Toriyama got some of his inspiration for this. If that's the case it would be a good anniversary celebration because the first arc of this franchise is indeed inspired by Journey to the West.

Not fan of the idea of Nakatsuru being the character designer, but I will wait until I see the character sheets. Regardless I'm sure the production will be good. After what Toei did with DQ Dai and One Piece Wano arc, it better be!
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:55 am

Trouser wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:22 am If they want to have kid Goku as a protagonist, why won't they remake the OG Dragon Ball? It could work as a web series too. And fans would lose their minds.
This wouldn't give them more gacha / DLC characters. A new series with new characters does. They finally ran out of shilling ToP / Super Hero stuff and desperately need new content.

And DB remake would "require" (unfortunately) too much censorship. To the point it wouldn't feel half like the original thing. I think all the involved parties don't see a point in this.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:57 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:54 am I'm seeing a lot of people angry on social networks because they want the manga new arcs adapted and I understand them. At this rate we may not have that before 2025 in the earliest and that's depressing...
I find that weird, considering that 2025 is only sixteen months away. What, can people not wait that long? Or heck, even wait until 2026, the next anniversary?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:02 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:45 am Are people really buying this?
Not really the end of the world if its fake or not. Just somthing to talk about while really nothing else doing on with Animated Dragon Ball lol. If anything it prooves there is want for it.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:06 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:57 am
FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:54 am I'm seeing a lot of people angry on social networks because they want the manga new arcs adapted and I understand them. At this rate we may not have that before 2025 in the earliest and that's depressing...
I find that weird, considering that 2025 is only sixteen months away. What, can people not wait that long? Or heck, even wait until 2026, the next anniversary?
You say that, but the VAs aren't getting any younger...