Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:10 am

Xeogran wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:06 am
JulieYBM wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:57 am
FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:54 am I'm seeing a lot of people angry on social networks because they want the manga new arcs adapted and I understand them. At this rate we may not have that before 2025 in the earliest and that's depressing...
I find that weird, considering that 2025 is only sixteen months away. What, can people not wait that long? Or heck, even wait until 2026, the next anniversary?
You say that, but the VAs aren't getting any younger...
Okay? So what? If they pass away that will suck, but not because they can't voice act in a cartoon, but because death in general just sucks. Recasting these characters is inevitable as it is, it's not like the project is just not going to come out simply because of the voices died. Hell, we always lost Tsuru Hiromi of all people and the world has continued to spin like usual.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:15 am

Xeogran wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:55 am.

And DB remake would "require" (unfortunately) too much censorship. To the point it wouldn't feel half like the original thing. I think all the involved parties don't see a point in this.
There would be nothing to censor if it's remade from the ground up. Most of the worst stuff was Toei inventions anyways

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:17 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:45 am Are people really buying this?
Geekdom's saying it. Not buying it at all. This is the guy who said the series was ready to be announced back in 2018, but said they "changed plans". So they had a whole series planned out, partway through production, and just stopped completely for no reason with no word five years on? Seems legit.

Turns out guys like him just keep their ear to the ground, aggregating all the Dragon Ball-related news, keeping an eye on trademarks, etc., and pretend they have insider information. Literally anyone could do what he does with enough time, he has no access to any information that isn't publicly available. I don't know why anyone thinks some American YouTuber has insider knowledge about Japanese production studios. Unless he provides sources with his information, it can be dismissed outright.

Then again, apparently those DBS_Chronicles and DBHype entities actually have a track record of knowing certain things and are the original source of this--if anything, he's just riding their coattails but he doesn't register to me as a credible source on his own.
Last edited by Thanos on Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:18 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:15 am

And DB remake would "require" (unfortunately) too much censorship. To the point it wouldn't feel half like the original thing. I think all the involved parties don't see a point in this.
There would be nothing to censor if it's remade from the ground up. Most of the worst stuff was Toei inventions anyways
I...think (?) that the definition of 'censorship' being applied here is 'not adapting the comic again panel-for-panel'? Which, like...so what? Especially if it doesn't adapt the dumb as shit treatment of the female characters.
She/Her
bisexual milf

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:28 am

Thanos wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:17 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:45 am Are people really buying this?
Geekdom's saying it. Not buying it at all. This is the guy who said the series was ready to be announced back in 2018, but said they "changed plans". So they had a whole series planned out, partway through production, and just stopped completely for no reason with no word five years on? Seems legit.own.
I don't care who said it, everything from the title to recycling GT elements to "90s style" to THEN THE REAL ANIME IS TOTALLY COMING BACK YOU GUYS it all sounds fake as shit, because it totally is

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:29 am

eledoremassis02 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:02 amNot really the end of the world if its fake or not. Just somthing to talk about while really nothing else doing on with Animated Dragon Ball lol. If anything it prooves there is want for it.
Time that would be better spent learning how to identify and verify what kind of sources are official for anything or not.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:39 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:54 am I'm seeing a lot of people angry on social networks because they want the manga new arcs adapted and I understand them. At this rate we may not have that before 2025 in the earliest and that's depressing...
I find that weird, considering that 2025 is only sixteen months away. What, can people not wait that long? Or heck, even wait until 2026, the next anniversary?
To me is more about how far 2025 is and that's being optimist. I already saw "leakers" saying it won't return before 2026...
I don't really care about voice actors getting older. The only irreplaceable people of this franchise are Akira Toriyama and Shunsuke Kikuchi and the latter already passed away. No one understand more this series atmosphere than those two.

The voice actors no matter how good they are can be replaced. There's a lot of quality out there.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:40 am

I'm not one to comment upon random stuff that randomly pops up on the Internet, but after the marketing of Dragon Ball Super Super Hero, and now the supposed new Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi, I realized that even if something is announced, we then go months and months without a single word, update or anything (conversely, there's not a day that goes by that I don't see something related to Sandland...). So you know what? Screw it, let's indulge this one, as random as it is. At the end of the day, it won't make a difference if it's true or not.
eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:32 pm- 14 or 15 episode web anime- 30 to 40 minutes per episode
What a contrast to the Dragon Ball Heroes anime. After years getting a less-than-ten-minute episodes, we are jumping into twice the regular length? That is something else. But, of course, a longer episode means either we are in it for a nice treat, or just extended boring episodes. A boring episode that is short is one thing, but an extended one? Dende help us all.
eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:32 pm- Supreme Kai and Goku are turned back to children by a Demon
At first I thought that was... well, also random, but someone said that it is an "allegory" to Journey to the West? If that's the case, then it's not that random. At this point, I'll take anything if it means more screentime and development for Kaioshin of East. Still not the role I'd like to see him perform, but oh well.

As for Goku... Is that really necessary? I mean, I get it, they are trying to make an "allegory" to Journey to the West, by having a monkey traveling with a god, but because we already have a series that did just that, turned Goku into a kid...
eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:32 pm- they go around the universe hunting him down to get their bodies back
Well, I've been wanting an adventure. Which is what Dragon Ball is about, not (just) fighting with a bunch of tournaments. So I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully the execution is better than the last time, though. I really don't want to feel bored.
eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:32 pm- Most characters are new
Nice. And hopefully they are interesting as well. Might I ask that we see a surviving Tsufurujin along the way? It's a(nother) perfect opportunity to see at least one of them. I imagine Toriyama would come up with a new design for them. Also, it'd be cool for Goku and Kaioshin of East to encounter the Freeza race as well. Finally having an explanation as to why just Freeza is roaming out there. Or did Freeza kill his race? If we're lucky, we even find out that Freeza had a kid in the meantime...

I would very much like to ask that we see a Makaio and Makaioshin, since we're at it. In fact, can the demon who turn them into kids be a Makaio or Makaioshin, please? Come on, now... It's high time they appeared. One of the main characters is a Kaioshin, it's only fair that we finally see his true counterpart...
eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:32 pm- Takes place before End of Z
Of course. Why wouldn't it? Why go forward when we can always stay exactly where we are?
eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:32 pm- Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru is character designer
I don't really care about animation, but this does put a smile on my face. Bardock and Trunks TV Specials (and the episodes he worked on) are the best looking things of this franchise, all thanks to this legendary man. So to see his name pop up is wonderful.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:40 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:18 am I...think (?) that the definition of 'censorship' being applied here is 'not adapting the comic again panel-for-panel'?
Not that, I'm not a fan of panel-to-panel adaptations anyway and prefer when studios add their own touch. I just wouldn't like things like Upa's dad getting killed being censored with a black hole or some other censoring means, much like Goku getting impaled by Makankosappo in Kai was.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:43 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:18 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:15 am

I...think (?) that the definition of 'censorship' being applied here is 'not adapting the comic again panel-for-panel'? Which, like...so what? Especially if it doesn't adapt the dumb as shit treatment of the female characters.
Right, I don't need to see a panel by panel adaptation. The manga will still exist. The 80s anime still exist.

Xeogran wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:40 am
JulieYBM wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:18 am I...think (?) that the definition of 'censorship' being applied here is 'not adapting the comic again panel-for-panel'?
Not that, I'm not a fan of panel-to-panel adaptations anyway and prefer when studios add their own touch. I just wouldn't like things like Upa's dad getting killed being censored with a black hole or some other censoring means, much like Goku getting impaled by Makankosappo in Kai was.

Huh? Bora's death was completely bloodless in the original anime begin with and there wasn't a whole lot of blood in the manga for that bit either
Last edited by MasenkoHA on Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:46 am

With all the stuff coming out, makes me wonder how much work Nozawa has been doing. She's a pretty strong lady!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:48 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:43 am Huh? Bora's death was completely bloodless to begin with
Right, yeah. But still, the spear was shown stabbing him, the atmosphere surrounding it.
I just don't trust they would do scenes like that justice in a remake.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:20 pm

Dragon Ball Magic sounds lame. Why are we re-hashing GT?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:20 pm

Hmm, it sounds like GT reimagined. I refuse to believe it until there's an official announcement from Toei.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:38 pm

I'd rather them have turned Vegeta and also Broly into kids. I think it'd be more fun

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:40 pm

I do find it funny how people hate having stuff be rehash, but they are okay with them rehashing ideas from GT?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:43 pm

In the end this is gonna have great animation and people will stop whining.
Just like when they "rehashed" Broly and everyone whined at the announcement, but look where we are now.

The only problem is the plot STILL being before EoZ for some dumb, unfoudned reason. This kind of story should be definitely after it for more potential, actual stakes. Now we know everything will be fine and dandy. AGAIN.

GT had Piccolo die to save the Earth for example, Buu sacrificing himself to save Uub and fuse with him.
Nothing of such consequence can happen here, because it's still stuck as the midquel.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:56 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:40 am
They wouldn't do weird censorship like that, they'd just storyboard around it since they're making the animation from scratch.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:20 pm Dragon Ball Magic sounds lame. Why are we re-hashing GT?
Everything is a rehash. What matters most is if a work of art is made well and is emotionally true to the audience.
She/Her
bisexual milf

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:02 pm

If this web anime is not announced at Comic Con like most are expecting, shit will hit the fan again. None of these "leakers" have any credibility since the 2019 fiasco and Toei didn't promise anything.

Some months ago this same "leakers" were 100% sure this web anime would be released in 2023 and announced on Goku day.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:23 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:02 pm If this web anime is not announced at Comic Con like most are expecting, shit will hit the fan again. None of these "leakers" have any credibility since the 2019 fiasco and Toei didn't promise anything.

Some months ago this same "leakers" were 100% sure this web anime would be released in 2023 and announced on Goku day.
just don't pay attention. ignore it all, you'll save yourself a ton of grief.

I'm all for stealing from corporations, but damn, not if you're going to get some poor wage slave fired and act like an asshole about it all.
She/Her
bisexual milf