Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Post by GhostEmperorX » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:33 pm

It feels like, at this point, it would be out of the ordinary if it wasn't being talked about.
Which is an indication of just how dire the situation is.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:48 pm

How do Geekdom and the others know about this and in great detail but not actual leakers from Japan?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:58 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:48 pmbut not actual leakers from Japan?
This should be the only litmus test for anyone to use.
If it was any shred of legit, the actual company would have moved to shut it down somehow.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:36 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:48 pm How do Geekdom and the others know about this and in great detail but not actual leakers from Japan?
It’s self-evidently stupid. It registers to me about the same as that kid in school who says his uncle works at Nintendo. Except, somehow enough of the other kids believed him, so now he has a platform that convinces other people he has legitimacy. Information can be discarded immediately if there are no official sources backing it up. The fandom is not a source of official information, at best it serves as a reference of official material.

In fact, this is nothing new—Dragon Ball, for whatever reason, has always been extremely vulnerable to unverified rumors. There’s a solid chance this “Dragon Ball Magic” stuff will be thrown in the dustbin of fake rumors along with the likes of DBAF, DB Vertigo, and the live action Dee Bee Zee film starring Jackie Chan, Cameron Diaz and Bill Goldberg.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:09 pm

Thanos wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:36 pm In fact, this is nothing new—Dragon Ball, for whatever reason, has always been extremely vulnerable to unverified rumors.
Personally, I think it's cut from the same cloth as all the official mishandling of the series in many areas across different times.
Probably just another manifestation of the curse that this series is under with its massive, continuous, enduring popularity.

Ronin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ronin » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:24 pm

I haven't felt like this since I first heard about Dragon Ball AF.

nearly 9 years later and I'm no longer a Newbie. woo hoo!

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:54 pm

This is indeed an interesting time to be a DB fan, huh?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:56 pm

I trust Ajay that something is coming, but I really don't think that it does anyone any good to just spin our wheels opining over this shit until there is concrete proof coming our way.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:59 pm

Asin wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:54 pm This is indeed an interesting time to be a DB fan, huh?
Lol this and BT4 are the only big things to happen to DB this year and BT4 may as well have not been revealed and (assuming this is real) Dragon Ball Magic is the biggest monkey's paw they could have given us.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:03 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:03 pm I Why are we just assuming they "can't" do the manga rather than because adapting a monthly ongoing manga is still a supremely stupid idea (seriously, it seems like people want bad pacing and filler shit)? I'm surprised that anyone with credibility is even talking about this.
Thank you. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to understand why some people are so desperate for the anime to return, just so they can adapt stories that I don’t even think are that great or exciting to begin with. This forum acts like Toei would have to be insane to not want to adapt the likes of Moro, Granolah and Black Freeza, and I’m just here thinking it would be a massive waste of resources that would be just as tedious as the anime version of the Tournament of Power.

The only real argument I can think of for why they might want to adapt that stuff is so they can make merchandise off of Ultra Ego Vegeta and Black Freeza, but I’m pretty sure Dragon Ball merchandise sells fine as it is.

Vegetto95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetto95 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:09 pm

Weren't there also some rumors swirling around earlier this year or some time thereabouts regarding a webseries reboot of original Dragon Ball? I honestly forget for sure (and I would really appreciate it if someone who remembers what I'm talking about would detail me in), but I swear I saw some chitterchatter here and there about that, and yet, to my complete lack of any sort of surprise whatsoever, I never saw any real evidence at all of it aside from a few people talking about it being "rumored", and of course there's certainly been absolutely zero statements from Tōei on the matter.

I dunno if this is what those rumors were really about the whole time or if this is something entirely separate, but either way it DEFINITELY seems fishy. Who wants to bet there'll never be any official statement on this and it'll all turn out to be a complete and utter hoax? lol

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:35 pm

I just want them to finish Super.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:26 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:48 pm How do Geekdom and the others know about this and in great detail but not actual leakers from Japan?
That's what I've wondered. I recall they've had some wrong "insider information" before so I don't know how true these are. I'm not sure what anyone in the industry would gain by leaking this information and would only be risking their job. These leaks sound fake but that's usually not enough to confirm they're fake though. Almost every other leak or spoilers we've had that ended up being true did sound fake when fans first heard about them. The announcement is only a few weeks away so at least not a long wait to find out.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:47 am

It's because these so called insiders make money by duping gullible people that want to believe the rumors. And these people want to believe the rumors so bad they forgive leakers when they come up with BS when their predictions don't come true.

It isn't helping or informing the community. It's a business model.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:44 am

Kid Goku being added to almost every popular DB game at the same time (Kakarot, Legends, Heroes) all in the last 2 months gives this rumor credibility IMO.

Well it's just a few weeks before we learn anyhow :D

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:58 am

Ajay has claimed to have seen actual production documents. It may not be revealed on October 12th but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this one. He doesn't have a reason to lie.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:24 am

Yuji wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:58 am Ajay has claimed to have seen actual production documents. It may not be revealed on October 12th but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this one. He doesn't have a reason to lie.
This fandom would be in literal hell if the Oct 12th announcement wasn't it :lol:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:02 am

Yuji wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:58 am Ajay has claimed to have seen actual production documents. It may not be revealed on October 12th but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this one. He doesn't have a reason to lie.
That's what's called moving the goalpost. Which is what "insiders" have been doing for years with the "return" of DBS.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:09 am

Jord wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:02 am
That's what's called moving the goalpost. Which is what "insiders" have been doing for years with the "return" of DBS.
Ajay isn't a random "insider." He's a moderator here and a trusted and respected member of the community. Nothing could be revealed on October 12th, and maybe Magic is never released, but if he assures us there is or was something in production, there's really no reason to doubt his word.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:02 am

But when you factor in all the other occurrences of "it's coming back!" only to be proven false, you realize this doesn't make any sense. Once we assume the leakers were always right, that would mean all the times there was something in production they were dismissed, never to be released. Why would there be attempts of bringing something back only for it to be discarded and why would that happen multiple times? Only the 2020 year has an answer, but what about all the other years that "leakers" said something would come but never did?

If this thing turns out to be false, then 2023 will join the Clown Parade along with the other years. And to think 2022 almost went clean, but right in November there were "leakers" saying something was coming. It's almost like it's mandatory that we have our yearly "it's coming back!" (and that we have yearly threads about each of them here)...

The question needs to be asked, though: if this thing turns out to be true, will people praise the "leakers" and put them on a pedestal for being right? Or will people realize that if you repeatedly say something is going to happen, and it finally happens, then they made an inaccurate prediction? This reminds of Aunt Wu from Avatar, who "predicts" a man will find a partner and he will be wearing red shoes when that happens. The man then starts wearing red shoes every single day...
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~