Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:04 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:05 pm
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:46 pm What about Nappa?
Nappa's kind of an enormous outlier, enhanced by the fact that this event is depicted completely differently in the anime. Later in that same fight, and even as late as the Freeza fight, we have fighters being awed by the power of... making a big hole in the ground. Not like a city-sized one or anything.
Yeah any of these guys can be considered outliers, and I was about to bring out the Freeza Saga examples too. Makes sense to see the later examples as Toriyama retconing/"updating" how strong he thinks these characters are.
I mean no, he didn't? Like not even close? The King says the city was destroyed but from what we can see, he only destroyed like five buildings, part of a continuous urban agglomeration. There's a whole bunch of city untouched behind the impact site. Also unharmed rocks and trees within what appear to be mere dozens of meters of said site.
Nowhere near a nuke. We've been dropping conventional bombs that take out entire city blocks since the 1930s.
Sounds more like Piccolo destroyed everything but the castle and it's immediate surrounding. I don't expect Toriyama to bother drawing an entire city in-scale, so unless Dragon Ball cities are meant to be much smaller than in real life, the King's statement is to clarify Piccolo indeed blew up a whole city.

The Daizenshuu 7 bit says Piccolo is "easily capable of blowing away a city". That sounds like a reference to the casual handwave rather than his strainful strongest attack that cost his stamina.

[/quote]
Well no, it clearly couldn't, as demonstrated by the fact that he gassed himself out launching a super charged attack and some of the city was still there afterwards. The cities as drawn are pretty small too, which is probably where this bit in Daizenshuu 7 came from:

"He has become even more powerful now that he has his youth restored. Easily capable of blowing away a city, his power rivals that of a small nuclear bomb."[/quote]

That's not how Ki blasts work though. There's attacks several magnitudes higher than this that do much less damage.
It wasn't "mild effort." He was huffing and puffing afterwards, indicating he used up a significant fraction of his total energy reserves (which is very distinct from power, by the way, so there's no guarantee a more powerful character could even do the same thing). Maybe even most of them. This didn't happen when he fired that big blast that he thought would kill Nappa. It didn't happen when he fired the blast that killed Raditz.

Also the moon thing is... weird. The Kakarot game retconned it as an illusion and, while we don't know this, I'd bet anything that was one of the bits that came from Toriyama. It seems like something he would write and it's more consistent with what happens in the scene. Namely, Piccolo deciding to blow up the moon is in direct response to him shitting himself at the "enormous destructive power" of Oozaru Gohan blowing up some small mountains.
Piccolo is just as tired after killing Raditz too, winded and sweating bullets for the rest of the chapter. I don't think the Makkankosappo being stronger than that blast should be controversial since it is Piccolo's strongest attack. Interestingly, on top of his comment about Gohan's "destructive power" (which could at least be interpreted as Ki sensing), he's just as afraid of Nappa making a bottomless hole in the ground.
Chapter: 217 (DBZ 23), P10.2
Context: talking about Nappa’s blast and the hole it creates
Piccolo: “I ca…can’t see the hole’s bottom…What a tremendous energy wave…!”
That tidbit about Kakarot is interesting, but I'm not sure how it fits. While it takes away a plot point I really liked (Piccolo prevented Vegeta from becoming an Oozaru), it's more consistent with the powerscaling of the scene and how the moon comes back in later years (I think? It's just a background thing, and sometimes it's just for gag with Boss Rabbit). But it could also be Toriyama forgetting the moon was destroyed in the first place, as he tends to do. Or maybe not his idea at all (It probably was, but who knows?).
RandomGuy96 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:28 pm Random ass question:

Is there any indication that anyone in the 22nd Budokai arc besides the two finalists and Roshi have surpassed Tao Paipai? Knowing that Tao was about on par with (but slightly inferior to) end-of-arc RRA Goku. I'd think Crane Hermit (power level of 120 given in Weekly Jump) and 22nd Budokai Roshi (power level of 139 given in Daizenshuu 7) are both supposed to be stronger than him, because the former's his older brother and the latter easily beats the former, but there's no confirmation. Previously I'd thought that Krillin and Yamcha thinking they might have a chance against Goku indicated they were at least as strong as Tao Paipai themselves, if not stronger, and by extension that Chappa was too (since they thought he'd be a tough fight for Goku)... but thinking about it, they've literally never met, fought, or sensed Tao Paipai. So how would they know how strong he was?

I think Tao would still be a huge deal in this arc. Not enough to seriously trouble Goku, Tenshinhan, or Roshi of course, but probably stronger than everyone else in the ring and enough to make them fight at their actual strength rather than "match level." Crane Hermit has this to say when watching Goku easily hand Krillin his ass. Specifically, this is right after Goku does a rush attack so quick that Krillin can't even see Goku dancing around him, before he knocks Krillin out of the ring with one hit:

Chapter: 127, P13.1-2
Tsuru-sennin: “H-he’s outrageous…He just might be good enough to have defeated Tao Pai Pai…”
Kame-sennin: “Goku gets bigger and bigger each time I see him…I get the feeling that my position’s already vanished…”

If "stomps out Krillin like he's trash" is still only "maybe he can defeat Tao" territory, that's a pretty direct indication that Tao is stronger than Krillin. Who himself is stronger than Yamcha and Chaozu. This goes double if the Crane Hermit was accounting for the fact that Goku had more power in reserve than he was showing here, which I think would be a reasonable assumption for him to make considering how visibly easy Goku was taking it on Krillin (even doing a silly face to taunt him right before knocking him out).

On that note, the next arc. Except for Goku and Piccolo, none of the characters in the Piccolo Daimao arc change in power at all. Goku and Piccolo are clearly in a different dimension than anything that came before. Old Piccolo is "can easily face-tank Goku's strongest attack while outputting less than half his power, then becomes many times more powerful, then powers up to an unspecified degree after that" tier, and post-water Goku is his equal.

Chapter: 143, P14.2-5
Context: said when Goku hits him with the Kamehameha
Goku: “Heheh! He took that head-on!”
*Piccolo is unharmed*
Piccolo: “Did you do something just now?”

Chapter: 143, P12.3
Context: Piccolo continues to outclass Goku
Piccolo: “Hohhohhoh…You have no chance of winning, no matter how you struggle, and you can’t run away either. It seems all that’s left for you is the road to death. I’m still not even putting out half of my power. Too bad for you…so then, what will you do?”

Chapter: 144, P9.2-3
Pilaf: “Um, hey…So if he regains his youth, he’ll be even more amazing…?”
Piano: “Naturally. So much so that there’ll be no comparison [to how he is now].”

Chapter: 156, P11.1-6
Piccolo: “Oh, I’m impressed that you noticed. But then, you would. My life span shortens when I fight at full power…I didn’t want to use it if at all possible, but…it seems I have no choice…”

Drum is "moderately above 22nd Budokai Goku/Tenshinhan" tier. He beats Ten in a fistfight but Ten can still tag him and draw blood when he lands a hit. But of course Drum is nothing compared to his dad or Goku as a holding-back basically explodes his head with one kick.

Chapter: 155, P2.2
Context: said after he kills Drum
Tenshinhan: “One hit…just one hit…What’s happened?...He’s not the same Son he was before…! He shouldn’t have had such stupendous destructive power…!”

So, where does that leave Tambourine? Is there any indication that he's stronger than Tao? He beats up Goku but that's explicitly attributed to Goku being low on energy after his long fight with Tenshinhan, and after Goku has a rest and a meal he disintegrates Tambourine effortlessly. As far as I can tell Tambourine's best feat is just killing Krillin, right? Then killing a bunch of 21st/22nd Budokai contestants who should be weaker than Krillin. But Crane Hermit indicates that Tao could've done the same thing. And of course Cymbal's way weaker than Tambourine, but can still put up a fight against Yajirobe...

Chapter: 135, P4.1
Context: after Goku runs off to fight Tambourine
Kame-sennin: “That idiot! This is someone good enough to defeat Kuririn…Goku’s used up all his power in the tournament; he shouldn’t have any chance of winning…!”

Chapter: 140, P10.6
Piccolo: “Immediately go and take care of whoever killed Cymbal! You’re many times stronger than Cymbal, but don’t get caught off guard. We don’t know the nature of this enemy…”

Piccolo: “Immediately go and take care of whoever killed Cymbal! You’re many times stronger than Cymbal, but don’t get caught off guard. We don’t know the nature of this enemy…”

EDIT: also when Goku claims to have beaten Tao Paipai, Tenshinhan is in utterly disbelief. He only comes around to thinking of it as plausible after the aforementioned match against Krillin (he says Goku must be lying or that he got lucky). Note that this is after Ten's tossed Yamcha aside like trash, so he has a pretty good idea of the "level" Roshi's students should be on before he hears this, and still considers Tao well above that. If Roshi has any idea how strong Tao is, his shocked reaction to Goku's statement would also indicate that Tao was way above the competition at this point (like Yamcha and Chappa)... and, taken with the above statement of "I get the feeling that my position’s already vanished", could imply that Roshi doesn't believe himself capable of the same feat.

Chapter: 120, P11.1-2
Context: Goku revealed that he defeated Taopaipai. Tenshinhan did not believe it.
Jackie Chun: “Did you really…take down Taopaipai…?”
Goku: “Huh? You too, gramps? I did so! It wasn’t easy, though…him being so strong and all.”
Jackie Chun: “Taopaipai…said to be the world’s Number One assassin…and this lad…he…he…”
Goku does say in the Budokai that he separates his power in Battle level and Match level. So what if what Kuririn and Yamcha saw at Uranai Baba's place was just Goku's old match level? Grandpa Gohan did say he was no match for Goku despite the fairly even fight. They already some very vague power-gauging abilities, so I don't think their confidence (or Chappa's hype) was empty talk. They never knew how strong Goku was back then, and he's even stronger now.

I'm not sure if Roshi ever met Tao or how long ago, so that part ends up a big can of worms.

Tsuru vs Tao is a very interesting fight. I think one of the old DB movies answers it somehow (A fight or a statement somewhere), non-canon answer but still. I think it's the one with Chaozu being king of somewhere.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:15 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:30 pm

Is there any indication that anyone in the 22nd Budokai arc besides the two finalists and Roshi have surpassed Tao Paipai? Knowing that Tao was about on par with (but slightly inferior to) end-of-arc RRA Goku. I'd think Crane Hermit (power level of 120 given in Weekly Jump) and 22nd Budokai Roshi (power level of 139 given in Daizenshuu 7) are both supposed to be stronger than him, because the former's his older brother and the latter easily beats the former, but there's no confirmation. Previously I'd thought that Krillin and Yamcha thinking they might have a chance against Goku indicated they were at least as strong as Tao Paipai themselves, if not stronger, and by extension that Chappa was too (since they thought he'd be a tough fight for Goku)... but thinking about it, they've literally never met, fought, or sensed Tao Paipai. So how would they know how strong he was?

I think Tao would still be a huge deal in this arc. Not enough to seriously trouble Goku, Tenshinhan, or Roshi of course, but probably stronger than everyone else in the ring and enough to make them fight at their actual strength rather than "match level." Crane Hermit has this to say when watching Goku easily hand Krillin his ass. Specifically, this is right after Goku does a rush attack so quick that Krillin can't even see Goku dancing around him, before he knocks Krillin out of the ring with one hit:

Tsuru-sennin: “H-he’s outrageous…He just might be good enough to have defeated Tao Pai Pai…”
Kame-sennin: “Goku gets bigger and bigger each time I see him…I get the feeling that my position’s already vanished…”

If "stomps out Krillin like he's trash" is still only "maybe he can defeat Tao" territory, that's a pretty direct indication that Tao is stronger than Krillin. Who himself is stronger than Yamcha and Chaozu. This goes double if the Crane Hermit was accounting for the fact that Goku had more power in reserve than he was showing here, which I think would be a reasonable assumption for him to make considering how visibly easy Goku was taking it on Krillin (even doing a silly face to taunt him right before knocking him out).

On that note, the next arc. Except for Goku and Piccolo, none of the characters in the Piccolo Daimao arc change in power at all. Goku and Piccolo are clearly in a different dimension than anything that came before. Old Piccolo is "can easily face-tank Goku's strongest attack while outputting less than half his power, then becomes many times more powerful, then powers up to an unspecified degree after that" tier, and post-water Goku is his equal.

*Piccolo is unharmed*

Piccolo: “Hohhohhoh…You have no chance of winning, no matter how you struggle, and you can’t run away either. It seems all that’s left for you is the road to death. I’m still not even putting out half of my power. Too bad for you…so then, what will you do?”

Piano: “Naturally. So much so that there’ll be no comparison [to how he is now].”

Piccolo: “Oh, I’m impressed that you noticed. But then, you would. My life span shortens when I fight at full power…I didn’t want to use it if at all possible, but…it seems I have no choice…”

Drum is "moderately above 22nd Budokai Goku/Tenshinhan" tier. He beats Ten in a fistfight but Ten can still tag him and draw blood when he lands a hit. But of course Drum is nothing compared to his dad or Goku as a holding-back basically explodes his head with one kick.

Tenshinhan: “One hit…just one hit…What’s happened?...He’s not the same Son he was before…! He shouldn’t have had such stupendous destructive power…!”

So, where does that leave Tambourine? Is there any indication that he's stronger than Tao? He beats up Goku but that's explicitly attributed to Goku being low on energy after his long fight with Tenshinhan, and after Goku has a rest and a meal he disintegrates Tambourine effortlessly. As far as I can tell Tambourine's best feat is just killing Krillin, right? Then killing a bunch of 21st/22nd Budokai contestants who should be weaker than Krillin. But Crane Hermit indicates that Tao could've done the same thing. And of course Cymbal's way weaker than Tambourine, but can still put up a fight against Yajirobe...

Kame-sennin: “That idiot! This is someone good enough to defeat Kuririn…Goku’s used up all his power in the tournament; he shouldn’t have any chance of winning…!”

EDIT: also when Goku claims to have beaten Tao Paipai, Tenshinhan is in utterly disbelief. He only comes around to thinking of it as plausible after the aforementioned match against Krillin (he says Goku must be lying or that he got lucky). Note that this is after Ten's tossed Yamcha aside like trash, so he has a pretty good idea of the "level" Roshi's students should be on before he hears this, and still considers Tao well above that. If Roshi has any idea how strong Tao is, his shocked reaction to Goku's statement would also indicate that Tao was way above the competition at this point (like Yamcha and Chappa)... and, taken with the above statement of "I get the feeling that my position’s already vanished", could imply that Roshi doesn't believe himself capable of the same feat.

Context: Goku revealed that he defeated Taopaipai. Tenshinhan did not believe it.
Goku: “Huh? You too, gramps? I did so! It wasn’t easy, though…him being so strong and all.”
Jackie Chun: “Taopaipai…said to be the world’s Number One assassin…and this lad…he…he…”
Yeah, the way people talk about Tao at the 22nd TB always made me think he was very strong. If his brother is at 120 then I can't see Tao any lower than 100. I personally like him at 110.

Tambourine I have at 140. Strong enough to be a threat (He did kill King Chappa after all) but not enough to beat Tenshinhan and Goku.

P.S. Nice to see you back BTW!
I don't have a number for Tao, at least not now. Partly because battle power numbers for pre-Raditz characters make no sense, or at least are not linear, and partly because raw physical strength and even "split durability" seem to be a big thing at this point in the story rather than everyone relying solely on ki augmentation (e.g. Daizenshuu 7 noting that Goku's ability to resist handgun fire is because of the properties of his body, rather than his battle power; followed by bullets piercing characters with higher battle powers as late as the beginning of Z). But I'd think Tao would be stronger than Tambourine too. Tambourine really doesn't do much. Killing Krillin is his best feat, or perhaps Chappa, but Roshi, Tenshinhan, and Crane Hermit having a "Holy shit really?!?!?! No way!!!" reaction to Goku's claim of having defeated Tao indicates pretty strongly to me that Tao could've done the same thing. That all happens well after Goku one-shots Chappa. Plus, how strong could Goku really have gotten after his fight with Tao? He's been training/adventuring alone in the three years since. No great martial art masters or god power-ups to help him out.

The way I see it, everyone moved up a tier from the 21st Budokai/RRA arcs.
22nd Budokai Goku and Tenshinhan are tier 1
Roshi, Crane Hermit, and Tao occupy tier 2, where Late RRA Goku also was
22nd Budokai Krillin and Yamcha (and probably Chappa) constitute tier 3, where 21st Budokai to Early RRA Goku and Roshi also were (also Mummy, Devilman, and Gohan)
Down at tier 4 we have most of the guys at the 21st Budokai and throughout the RRA arc, including Krillin and Yamcha
In this system Tambourine would be at the bottom of tier 2, Drum at the top of tier 1, and Cymbal probably somewhere in tier 3, with old Piccolo constituting his own tier above the former highest one and God Water Goku and young Piccolo a tier above that.

And thanks!
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:34 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:04 pm Sounds more like Piccolo destroyed everything but the castle and it's immediate surrounding. I don't expect Toriyama to bother drawing an entire city in-scale, so unless Dragon Ball cities are meant to be much smaller than in real life, the King's statement is to clarify Piccolo indeed blew up a whole city.
You can just look at the actual image. The explosion is clearly nowhere near engulfing an entire city, because there's still a city there, as well as untouched trees not too far away for scale. It's just a handful of buildings. He basically just blew up part of a neighborhood, and the King got hyperbolic about it because he was scared.
That's not how Ki blasts work though. There's attacks several magnitudes higher than this that do much less damage.
That is how ki blasts work. I know there's popular headcanon about how they "should" work but none of that is actually in the manga. If it doesn't cause as much damage, it has less total energy. The characters are probably just weaker than a lot of people think they are (I think after Super content in particular this is basically impossible to argue against, like everything that happened in Resurrection F).
Piccolo is just as tired after killing Raditz too, winded and sweating bullets for the rest of the chapter. I don't think the Makkankosappo being stronger than that blast should be controversial since it is Piccolo's strongest attack.
I would dispute this. The Makkankosappo, I would argue, doesn't have a fraction of the energy of this attack because of simple physics: it's fired at not-hundreds-of-times-greater intensity while having hundreds of times less surface area. What makes the Makkankosappo dangerous isn't its raw energy content, but its shape. Raditz tells us this directly, it's more effective because it puts a lot of energy into the small area of Piccolo's fingers, and thus registers on his scouter as having a higher battle power. That's what battle powers actually seem to measure, power per unit area (see also: Oozarus having ten times the battle power of a Saiyan's human form at thousands of times the body volume, and being proportionally really strong because of it rather than hilariously weak).
That tidbit about Kakarot is interesting, but I'm not sure how it fits. While it takes away a plot point I really liked (Piccolo prevented Vegeta from becoming an Oozaru), it's more consistent with the powerscaling of the scene and how the moon comes back in later years (I think? It's just a background thing, and sometimes it's just for gag with Boss Rabbit). But it could also be Toriyama forgetting the moon was destroyed in the first place, as he tends to do. Or maybe not his idea at all (It probably was, but who knows?).
Well, the tidbit exists specifically in the context of addressing Piccolo blowing up the moon, so he definitely didn't forget (if that was him, which it probably was).
Goku does say in the Budokai that he separates his power in Battle level and Match level. So what if what Kuririn and Yamcha saw at Uranai Baba's place was just Goku's old match level? Grandpa Gohan did say he was no match for Goku despite the fairly even fight. They already some very vague power-gauging abilities, so I don't think their confidence (or Chappa's hype) was empty talk. They never knew how strong Goku was back then, and he's even stronger now.

I'm not sure if Roshi ever met Tao or how long ago, so that part ends up a big can of worms.

Tsuru vs Tao is a very interesting fight. I think one of the old DB movies answers it somehow (A fight or a statement somewhere), non-canon answer but still. I think it's the one with Chaozu being king of somewhere.
That's what I figure. He obviously and explicitly doesn't use his full power against Mummy and Devilman - he takes them very easily, specifically says he's holding back at least once, and after uncorking a bit more power to one-shot the latter by kicking him through a wall, he worries that he hit him a bit too hard. With Gohan it's more subtle but I definitely believe he was holding back there as well. Most obviously, Gohan says he was totally outclassed (as you said) and there's a moment where Goku just stands still and lets Gohan hit him with a flying kick and it does absolutely nothing (whereas mere arm punches were having some effect prior). Almost right after this Gohan grabs his tail, which would massively drop his power. After the tail detaches, Gohan forfeits before Goku gets a chance to do anything.

I also don't believe anyone's ki sensing abilities are really developed before training with Kami. I have lost count of the number of times where fighter characters in this portion of the story make massively inaccurate estimates of each others' strength in circumstances where should be able to easily sense ki. They do it like four times in this mini arc alone. Or instances where they have to judge fighters on their movement or by them breaking rocks or something, rather than sensing ki.

(Actually, Yamcha having to go by sound cues when fighting the Invisible Man and being helpless without them would indicate that he at least definitely can't sense ki in the way he can in Z... and no one saying "just sense his ki, idiot" would pretty heavily imply that they can't either)

I don't know about movies but there are some images of them sparring in episode 91 of the anime. They look even in those. Going by all the stuff in the manga about the Crane Hermit being nervous and shocked that anyone could beat Tao, and Roshi concluding that someone who can beat Tao would be closing in on his own 139 power, that's probably a correct depiction.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:42 pm

*Piccolo is unharmed*

Digging up an years old list I made I have Tao at 49.
For the 22nd TB:
Tenshinhan - 70
Goku - 68
Jachie Chun - 65
Kuririn - 52
Yamcha - 44
Chiaotzu - 42

If I review it now it shouldn't be much different in terms of tiers, with some adjustments.
Kuririn knows how strong a post-Tao defeat Goku was(at least the level against Granpa Gohan). Goku was decently stronger than Tao when he defeated him.
I take his evaluation more in account than Tsuru who's has the denial factor going on and might have seen his brother in years, can't remember if the story gives further info.

Regarding the 23rd TB I have everyone massively stronger. Kuririn above Old Piccolo and Tenshinhan above Young Piccolo.

The list is too old and not fresh but I remember that old Dragon Ball is excellent in terms of power scaling, Toriyama throws comparisons left and right.

I just quickly thought about this, let me know If you want a more in-depth discussion.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:52 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:34 pm That's what I figure. He obviously and explicitly doesn't use his full power against Mummy and Devilman - he takes them very easily, specifically says he's holding back at least once, and after uncorking a bit more power to one-shot the latter by kicking him through a wall, he worries that he hit him a bit too hard. With Gohan it's more subtle but I definitely believe he was holding back there as well. Most obviously, Gohan says he was totally outclassed (as you said) and there's a moment where Goku just stands still and lets Gohan hit him with a flying kick and it does absolutely nothing (whereas mere arm punches were having some effect prior). Almost right after this Gohan grabs his tail, which would massively drop his power. After the tail detaches, Gohan forfeits before Goku gets a chance to do anything.

I also don't believe anyone's ki sensing abilities are really developed before training with Kami. I have lost count of the number of times where fighter characters in this portion of the story make massively inaccurate estimates of each others' strength in circumstances where should be able to easily sense ki. They do it like four times in this mini arc alone. Or instances where they have to judge fighters on their movement or by them breaking rocks or something, rather than sensing ki.

(Actually, Yamcha having to go by sound cues when fighting the Invisible Man and being helpless without them would indicate that he at least definitely can't sense ki in the way he can in Z... and no one saying "just sense his ki, idiot" would pretty heavily imply that they can't either)

I don't know about movies but there are some images of them sparring in episode 91 of the anime. They look even in those. Going by all the stuff in the manga about the Crane Hermit being nervous and shocked that anyone could beat Tao, and Roshi concluding that someone who can beat Tao would be closing in on his own 139 power, that's probably a correct depiction.
Goku says he's using full power when he one shots Akkuman, but I think it's no different from saying he'd full power on Kuririn and later saying he meant his tournament-level FP.

It's not necessarily Ki sensing, but Yamcha said he sensed no "fighting spirit" froand they obviously always go "Hey you've improved a lot!" seeing each other beating fodder in the Budokai preliminaries. What Kami/Popo teach (besides a more refined/accurate Ki sensing and control) is how to use it in fight to read the opponent's movements, so I wouldn't hold that Invisible Man fight against them. It's like how sight doesn't automatically mean you can react to someone punching you in time.

Sparring doesn't really mean anything. Nobody asks to spar to get their ass kicked unless they're really weak. I think Roshi and Tao being around the same sounds good since since Goku surpasses both at the same time.

On the other side of the coin, Tenshinhan thought Yamcha was the strongest Kame student, so he has reason to doubt Goku's power. Tsuru already admits Goku might've defeated Tao just by seeing him defeat Pamputto. And Roshi doesn't even doubt Goku's power, he just calls Goku a fool for earning the Crane School's wrath (But again it's unknown if Roshi ever met Tao).
LightBing wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:42 pm Digging up an years old list I made I have Tao at 49.
For the 22nd TB:
Tenshinhan - 70
Goku - 68
Jachie Chun - 65
Kuririn - 52
Yamcha - 44
Chiaotzu - 42
Kuririn said Yamcha was about as good as himself, and they both had the same info about Goku's old power. I wouldn't put Yamcha more than a couple digits behind Kuririn.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:02 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:52 pm
LightBing wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:42 pm Digging up an years old list I made I have Tao at 49.
For the 22nd TB:
Tenshinhan - 70
Goku - 68
Jachie Chun - 65
Kuririn - 52
Yamcha - 44
Chiaotzu - 42
Kuririn said Yamcha was about as good as himself, and they both had the same info about Goku's old power. I wouldn't put Yamcha more than a couple digits behind Kuririn.
This is an old list, I don't remember the reasoning.
Likely Kuririn performed better against Goku than Yamcha versus Tenshinhan; Kuririn was already decently ahead at the 21st TB, I might have maintained the status quo. Also Kuririn bias :angel:

I really need to make a list from scratch... Haven't read the manga in a few years...

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:30 pm

LightBing wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:42 pm Kuririn knows how strong a post-Tao defeat Goku was(at least the level against Granpa Gohan).
He really, really doesn't though. As I've laid out there's no indication that Goku was ever at full exertion at any point in that fight, and more importantly, no indication that anyone at this point can sense ki the way they can in Z. If anything we're shown the opposite.
I take his evaluation more in account than Tsuru who's has the denial factor going on and might have seen his brother in years, can't remember if the story gives further info.
After hearing that Tao is dead, he expresses shock (saying there's no way Goku could've beaten him) but says that explains why he hasn't seen his brother in three years, so they were definitely in contact up to right before his "death."
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:52 pm It's not necessarily Ki sensing, but Yamcha said he sensed no "fighting spirit" froand they obviously always go "Hey you've improved a lot!" seeing each other beating fodder in the Budokai preliminaries.
I don't think this indicates anything at all. At this point in the series they appear to just be going by each others' movements, hence why their estimates are always horrendously inaccurate. We, from what I recall, never hear someone just say "wow, his ki is so big!" or anything before Goku goes up to God's tower (or from anyone but Goku in the pre-Raditz series at all, for that matter). Every estimation they make of each others' strength is just by watching people fight with their eyes (e.g., Tao doesn't know Goku is stronger than him until he sees him move and then comments on his improved movement, but never his ki). For example the reason Tenshinhan thinks Goku might be good competition is because he saw how fast Goku threw three blows against Panput. Tenshinhan says nothing about Goku's ki, which (combined with Crane Hermit, a skilled martial arts master, having to have this pointed out to him) is again a pretty heavy implication that he can't accurately gauge peoples' strength on that sense alone.

Chapter: 122, P12.3-6 Context: after Goku defeats Panput
Tenshinhan: “That wasn’t one blow. While brushing off his opponent’s fast punch with his right hand, with his left he showered him with…3 rapid-fire elbow blows…That brat, he’s no ordinary person.”
Tsuru-sennin: “I see…maybe he really did defeat Tao Pai Pai…”
Tenshinhan: “This tournament is finally getting interesting…”

In the same fight, Krillin concludes that Panput isn't as impressive as he claims by judging his strike on the brick wall. He never mentions his ki either. Then in the quote I posted above, Crane Hermit concludes that Goku might have beaten Tao from watching his super fast movements when he clowns on Krillin. Again, no mention of sensing any ki. And Tenshinhan explicitly tells us that, even as late as the 23rd Budokai, he's still relying on following his enemies with his eyes rather than sensing their ki.
Sparring doesn't really mean anything. Nobody asks to spar to get their ass kicked unless they're really weak. I think Roshi and Tao being around the same sounds good since since Goku surpasses both at the same time.
Crane Hermit definitely looks like he's trying in the spar. If anything Tao's the one taking it easier, just going by facial expressions.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:31 pm

LightBing wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:02 amThis is an old list, I don't remember the reasoning.
Likely Kuririn performed better against Goku than Yamcha versus Tenshinhan; Kuririn was already decently ahead at the 21st TB, I might have maintained the status quo. Also Kuririn bias :angel:

I really need to make a list from scratch... Haven't read the manga in a few years...
I do know that Kuririn says at one point that he and Yamcha are pretty much equals, so whatever power difference there is, it's probably really small.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:22 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:30 pm He really, really doesn't though. As I've laid out there's no indication that Goku was ever at full exertion at any point in that fight, and more importantly, no indication that anyone at this point can sense ki the way they can in Z. If anything we're shown the opposite.
We're agreeing,. I also don't think Goku went all out against Gohan, I put it in parenthesis. Still he saw a decent amount and should assume further growth after three years. Later he sees Goku fight at the tournament for further input.

Also realized why I probably put Kuririn above Tao, this line:
Chapter: 126, P4.1-2
Goku: “Amazin’! You’ve gotten better!”
Kuririn: Hihhih! Are you surprised?”
Goku: “I’ve never had such a fun fight! I’m really excited!”

DanielSSJ wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:31 pm I do know that Kuririn says at one point that he and Yamcha are pretty much equals, so whatever power difference there is, it's probably really small.
Probably so. After all both fought finalists with Yamcha getting the short end of the stick since his opponent wasn't holding back like Goku.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:56 am

LightBing wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:22 pm
RandomGuy96 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:30 pm He really, really doesn't though. As I've laid out there's no indication that Goku was ever at full exertion at any point in that fight, and more importantly, no indication that anyone at this point can sense ki the way they can in Z. If anything we're shown the opposite.
We're agreeing,. I also don't think Goku went all out against Gohan, I put it in parenthesis. Still he saw a decent amount and should assume further growth after three years. Later he sees Goku fight at the tournament for further input.

At the very least, do you think Tao Pai-Pai would still be stronger than Chiaotzu?
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:41 pm

DanielSSJ wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:56 am
LightBing wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:22 pm

At the very least, do you think Tao Pai-Pai would still be stronger than Chiaotzu?
By a decent margin. Chiaotzu only bothered Kuririn by using special techniques.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:04 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:30 pm I don't think this indicates anything at all. At this point in the series they appear to just be going by each others' movements, hence why their estimates are always horrendously inaccurate. We, from what I recall, never hear someone just say "wow, his ki is so big!" or anything before Goku goes up to God's tower (or from anyone but Goku in the pre-Raditz series at all, for that matter). Every estimation they make of each others' strength is just by watching people fight with their eyes (e.g., Tao doesn't know Goku is stronger than him until he sees him move and then comments on his improved movement, but never his ki). For example the reason Tenshinhan thinks Goku might be good competition is because he saw how fast Goku threw three blows against Panput. Tenshinhan says nothing about Goku's ki, which (combined with Crane Hermit, a skilled martial arts master, having to have this pointed out to him) is again a pretty heavy implication that he can't accurately gauge peoples' strength on that sense alone.

Chapter: 122, P12.3-6 Context: after Goku defeats Panput
Tenshinhan: “That wasn’t one blow. While brushing off his opponent’s fast punch with his right hand, with his left he showered him with…3 rapid-fire elbow blows…That brat, he’s no ordinary person.”
Tsuru-sennin: “I see…maybe he really did defeat Tao Pai Pai…”
Tenshinhan: “This tournament is finally getting interesting…”

In the same fight, Krillin concludes that Panput isn't as impressive as he claims by judging his strike on the brick wall. He never mentions his ki either. Then in the quote I posted above, Crane Hermit concludes that Goku might have beaten Tao from watching his super fast movements when he clowns on Krillin. Again, no mention of sensing any ki. And Tenshinhan explicitly tells us that, even as late as the 23rd Budokai, he's still relying on following his enemies with his eyes rather than sensing their ki.
I don’t think that ever happened, at least not any more than actual Ki sensors have been wrong in DBZ and DBS. Power statements have always existed and eye-gauging is still a method used to estimate the power of androids and gods.

Tenshinhan actually talks about Piccolo’s Ki when he fires the Bakurikimaha, and Goku talks about Tien’s Ki when he charges the Kikoho. Roshi also says he feels incredible power from Gohan. At least those guys can sense Ki (Roshi is more ambiguous since he doesn’t flat out say Ki), but it’s more like they just didn’t use Ki that much back them. It’s more martial arts and Ki is only for ki blasts.

Knowing how to sense Ki and using it to track your enemy mid fight are completely different things. Popo explains it pretty well when he meets and schools Goku.
Crane Hermit definitely looks like he's trying in the spar. If anything Tao's the one taking it easier, just going by facial expressions.
I “watched” the fight and it’s literally 3 still paintings of them trading blows. I think you couldn’t even see their faces in two of them.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:07 pm

*Piccolo is unharmed*

I think all of them who classified to the Budokai did surpass Tao Pai Pai. That's what I've always figured and gone with in my scaling. I know there's conflicting evidence on the matter, specially Tsuru-Sen'nin stating there's no way someone of the Kame school could have defeated Tao after witnessing Yamcha, but I prefer to look at both Yamcha and Kuririn's confidence in winning the tournament despite having seen Goku's strength at the Baba's tournament as indication they surpassed that level. Besides, there's also Chappa-o being picked as a tough match for Goku, with Kame-Sennin stating Goku is in a rough position from the start, but them being in awe at Goku's performance. Kuririn thought Goku went all out, showing that level may have considerably surpassed the one Goku used 3 years ago, but Goku, by everyone's surprise, showed it was just a warm up. Kuririn initially matched Goku blow to blow until Goku increased the pacing, showing he could face h2h a stronger than before (the one who defeated Tao) evenly, showing he's decently above Tao Pai Pai. It's true that Chappa could have been overestimated based on his reputation, but no one said that once the fight was finished... the focus was all on Goku's improvements, not on how Chappa wasn't what they expected, which was the case with Panpoot, as an example.

Tsuru may have been overestimating the other students besides Yamcha, thinking Yamcha was the strongest, maybe, but that seemed more like a thought from Tenshinhan. I think he was either in denial his brother was defeated, not wanting to believe that, specially because even after Goku showcased prowess enough in which he blitzed from them all except Ten and made Roshi acknowledge he was indeed surpassed, Tsuru was still on his "he may have indeed dedeated Tao Pai Pai", when that level was already above Roshi, which should have eradicated any doubts about Goku's capabilities of defeating his brother entirely. So maybe it's somewhat of a difficulty in grasping his brother being defeated or there was a prime Tao Pai Pai that slacked with years doing little and Tsuru was basing it off there. Roshi seems also kinda in awe at Goku having defeated Tao Pai Pai and in his case it should be sheer speculation and overestimation based off reputation or based off a possible prime Tao once had, because as Roshi saw Goku's level at Baba and saw he further improved that, if he indeed had Tao's strength on point, then the realization of his defeat should come naturally. So the things regarding basing off reputation, a possible denialism or a possible prime Tao who got weaker over the years (which is possible as there's some small indication, even moreso going by the way VIZ worded it that Kame-Sennin and Tsuru were higher when younger) as more plausible explanations for their problems in grasping Tao's defeat, rather than seeing Goku improved vs Chapppa, and Kuririn still trading blow to blows against a Goku who had no reason to go easier on him than he went vs Chappa, not to mention no comment from Chappa's legend overstepping his powers when they saw his performance there.

I think when trying to follow scouters I have something like:

Tao Pai Pai : 30
Goku (post karin) : 34
Goku's grandpa : 33

Chappa : 35
Goku (vs Chappa) : 40
Chaozu : 38
Yamcha : 39
Kuririn : 40
Tsuru-Sennin : 45

Maybe Yamcha and Kuririn could be even higher depending on one's view of Goku already starting, vs Kuririn, in a level beyond the one he used vs Chappa, as when Goku told he'd increase the pace, Kuririn was like "hey, you said all out from the start", which would obviously be the case as Goku already announced the level he used vs Chappa was just the start, but as a bare minimum, and the restriction from the scouter numbers, I think those numbers already serve the purpose.

I can fit in the scouter numbers into the pre Z era, tho I write off all "many times stronger" statements as hyperboles, more like as emphatically saying the boost was very big. Though comments like Old Piccolo saying he wasn't using even half of his power, I tend to take at face value because it's harder to be read as hyperbole and seems more straightforward. If you're interested, my list continuation would be like this

Roshi : 50
Goku (full match level) : 53
Tenshinhan : 60
Goku (full power) : 62

Yajirobe : 56
Cymbal : 40
Tambourine : 53

Old Piccolo Daimao ( < 50%) : 74
--- Full power : 150
(Eh, less than half would be 49%, but it's still less than half so whatever)

Tenshinhan : 60
Drum : 70

Young Piccolo Daimao : 200
Son Goku (post water) : 205

---- 23rd

Chi-Chi : 50
Cyborg Tao : 140
Yamcha : 160
Kuririn : 175

[Well, that way Kuririn would have improved considerably more than Yamcha in the 5 years gap, and even more than Tenshinhan, but there's no helping it as I feel Yamcha and Kuririn are kinda close in the 23rd Budokai. As for Ten improving less than Kuririn, maybe he was already nearing a temporary limit in which he'd improve more slowly until receiving a new training through Kami, and maybe Yamcha slacked off more, at least in filler he became a baseball player. I could push Kuririn higher, but judging by his awe at Goku's speed, even though he could see it, I think he's still noticeably behind young Piccolo and post Choushinsü Goku)

Tenshinhan : 225

Mr. Popo : 270

Kami-Sama : 310

Piccolo Junior
-- more serious vs Kuririn : 200
-- vs Shen : 325
-- full power : 370

Son Goku
-- weighted
---- speed : 205
--- power : 230
----no weights : 280
--- full power : 375

[Likewise, Picc and Goku would have gotten only a 1.1x increase in their base power until the start of Z. I can chalk that up to them similarly hitting a plateau and focusing more on their techniques, which may have gotten amplified hightened, specially Piccolo with his Makankosappo... and it's hard either way because it's still a level not so distant from Kami's 310 while Kami couldn't even see them and a battered up Piccolo was still beyond Kami, but that's what it is. Sometimes I like thinking Goku and Piccolo's 408 and 416 readings were still their resting level and that their battle level could be way beyond, like 700 ~ 800, since they could suppress and Vegeta told Nappa the reading he got on Kuririn, Piccolo and Gohan meant nothing, not just because of their chi attacks but because they could amplify it in battle. Going that route gives more breathing room, so alternatively) :

23rd Budokai

--- Goku (full power) : 680
Piccolo (full power) : 666

And in their battle vs Raditz they could output combat powers when battling reaching 800 or so, also making the amplication of their attacks lower overall.

But the latter is just a hypothesis.

That's the best I could come up with in terms of pre-Z list.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:29 pm

Now having read the entire thing and have talked to GreatSaiyaman, I see the theory RG96 is going by... that Goku used a species of match level vs Grandpa Gohan and the match level he used in the 22nd Budokai was exactly the power he used to kick Tao's ass.

Honestly, this dialogue is the one that catches the attention and gives fuel to this. If we look solely at it, then it seems Goku has only then shown power enough to defeat Tao... and it matches Roshi's statement perfectly of him just then admitting being surpassed, giving a Tao ~ 22nd Roshi vibe.

I've always looked at this as a weird and difficulty rationalization from Tsuru, but looking at the lens of Goku using a match level vs Grandpa Gohan, it makes sense. Honestly, I don't follow this theory, I think the story would leave it clear there had Goku held back vs his grandpa... but in retrospect, looking at that statement in conjunction with Roshi, it's a plausible view. Goku also said he doesn't need to hold back vs Tenshinhan because he sees Ten is trying to kill him... he knew Tao was trying to kill him, but didn't think the same and was in a tournament setting vs the still unknown mysterious fighter later revealed to be his grandfather, which also lends credence to the theory. I think Toriyama should definitely tried to convey that clearly were that the case, but I can't dismiss this theory, it's an interesting and refresing one.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:16 pm

Ironically, after talking with Mireya, I kinda gave up on my own theory lol.

Tenshinhan does admit Yamcha is pretty good, and later he doesn't really doubt Goku for long. His first reaction is emotional since Tao was his father figure, but in the same chapter he and Tsuru admit Goku killed Tao and they must get revenge. Sure they think it's a fluke, but Tien starts getting hyped to fight Goku.

Watching Goku vs Kuririn, you see there's way more than just power going on. Roshi comments on Goku's fighting ability the whole fight. I think that's why Tsuru waited: Imagine if Kuririn did beat Goku with the tail grab? Tsuru would probably be like "Sure, he's strong, but no way he beat Tao with such an obvious weakness" (Granted Tao totally missed the chance to do that, but you get my point).

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:59 pm

Well, Goku beat Tao with that weakness lulz

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:14 pm

Goes to show how much Tsuru overrated him then, lol.

Seriously, point here was that Goku proved himself to be basically flawless even before he got serious. That's exactly what Roshi says.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:24 am

For sake of comparison, Tao is stronger than Gohan.
Goku tanks attacks from both: while with Gohan he's not even damaged; with Tao he receives moderate bruises.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:28 pm

LightBing wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:24 am For sake of comparison, Tao is stronger than Gohan.
Goku tanks attacks from both: while with Gohan he's not even damaged; with Tao he receives moderate bruises.
Just looking at the fights, I disagree. Goku was trading blows to blows with Gohan, with both dodging each other more than once and making it even for a while until Goku fired the KMHMH and keee'd Gohan's body. In Tao's case, it was almost always an one sided fight, with Tao resorting to his sword once he saw he couldn't keep up with Goku. Once Goku tanked Gohan's kicks, he strengthened his position with his legs and made his body tough. With Tao, it seems Goku softned his body on purpose as a way to gauge Tao's hitting powers, who was barely being able to hit him otherwise. Goku is above both, but Son Gohan is still within a smaller range looking at the fights alone. Something like:

Goku 100
Son Gohan 96
Tao Pai Pai 90

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:50 pm

If I were to re-written my list accounting for the power Goku used to defeat Kuririn as the power cemented as the one needed to defeat Tao and the one used vs him in the match, given Tsuru Sennin stating "now I see how Tao was defeated", then that power Goku used to knock Kuririn out the arena would match his post Karin level.

Tao : 50
Goku (post Karin) : 55

Goku (21st Budokai) : 20
Mummy : 22
Akkuman : 26

Son Gohan : 33
Son Goku (vs gohan) : 34

Chappa : 34

Goku (vs chappa) : 40
Chaozu: 38
Yamcha : 39
Kuririn: 40

Goku
-- initially vs Kuririn : 40
-- more serious : 45
-- full match level, power vs Tao : 55

Tsuru-Sennin: 45
Kame-Seenin : 50
Tao Pai Pai : 50

Tenshinhan : 64
Goku (battle level) : 66

Tambourine : 50
Cymbal : 37.5

Old Piccolo Daimao (less than half) : 80
Old Piccolo (100%) : 166

Young Piccolo Daimao : 220

Tenshinhan : 64
Drum : 74

Goku (post Choushinsü) : 225

---- 23rd

Cyborg Tao : 150

Yamcha : 165

Kuririn : 190

Tenshinhan : 268

[I'd need to assume Tenshinhan was suppressed when read by the scouters. Since he clearly had a more advanced chi knowledge than the other earthlings and knew what Goku was doing in his match when managing to see Ten's blows without even looking at him, maybe he had worked himself to a point he could already kind of fool scouter readings in a sense. It also helps that Goku weighted level is read at 334 and Tenshinhan seemed dead even with weighted Goku, so perhaps Ten's scouter reading was the only one not representing their FP, and his FP would approach Goku's 334 weighted level]

Goku (weighted)
--- power : 275
-- speed : 225

No weights

-- speed and power : 370
-- full power : 680

[Assuming his 408 read level was still supp vs Raditz]

Mr. Popo : 340

Shen/Kami sama : 450

Piccolo
-- vs Kuririn initially : 200
-- more power : 220
-- vs Shen : 500
-- FP : 666

[Also assuming he was suppressed when read by the Raditz scouter]

Goku's Super KMHMH : 910

Piccolo's special super attack : 1,000

--- start of Z

Yamcha : 177
Kuririn : 206
Tenshinhan : 315

Goku (weighted) : 334
-- no weights : 408
-- FP : 800
-- KMHMH : 924

Piccolo (weighted) : 322
-- no weights : 408
-- FP : 785
-- Makankosappo : 1,330

Raditz : 1,250

Gohan (enraged) : 1,307

Mr. Popo : 340

Kami-Sama : 450

That'd make Goku's KMHMH amp about 1.15x and Piccolo's Makankosappo, around 1.7x.