Blue water dub of episode 71 of og dragon ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Blue water dub of episode 71 of og dragon ball

Post by Dragon ball master » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:53 am

The hole episode is not loat but the quality is not really. On YouTube some uploaded some parts at the start.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcOQiVul ... A3MQ%3D%3D

And he said he will upload on to internet archive but is been a year. Do any of you from Canada or the UK have a rip of this episode? This is the only episode we need to complete of the blue water dub of dragon ball

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Blue water dub of episode 71 of og dragon ball

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:42 am

Dragon ball master wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:53 amDo any of you from Canada or the UK have a rip of this episode?
Sadly no. I've heard there is one fan out there who has this episode, and all of Blue Water Dragon Ball in great quality recorded by a satellite receiver in Canada, transferred to digital files, but because he doesn't like this dub he wants to keep it to himself. Allegedly this individual snapped the discs to spite anyone that wants Blue Water Dragon Ball. It really sucks that there's hoarders out there. I would never be like that if I had any rare recordings.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:01 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:42 am
Dragon ball master wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:53 amDo any of you from Canada or the UK have a rip of this episode?
Sadly no. I've heard there is one fan out there who has this episode, and all of Blue Water Dragon Ball in great quality recorded by a satellite receiver in Canada, transferred to digital files, but because he doesn't like this dub he wants to keep it to himself. Allegedly this individual snapped the discs to spite anyone that wants Blue Water Dragon Ball. It really sucks that there's hoarders out there. I would never be like that if I had any rare recordings.
Damn, that guy ain't right. I mean, if he hated the dub so much, why did he even bother to digitalize it?

Also, snapping the discs was too much. It's just an alternate English dub. It's not like the girl from The Ring was going to come out of the screen to attack him.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:11 pm

Tian wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:01 pm Damn, that guy ain't right. I mean, if he hated the dub so much, why did he even bother to digitalize it?

Also, snapping the discs was too much. It's just an alternate English dub. It's not like the girl from The Ring was going to come out of the screen to attack him.
It's pretty low alright. I don't like the Speedy dub other than checking out a clip here and there for a laugh, but I'd never take it out on the fans, especially if I was potentially the only one with a copy of one of the episodes or movies. So what if you don't like a dub. It's not like the director killed your mother. With all due respect certain fans seriously need help.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:29 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:11 pm It's pretty low alright. I don't like the Speedy dub other than checking out a clip here and there for a laugh, but I'd never take it out on the fans, especially if I was potentially the only one with a copy of one of the episodes or movies. So what if you don't like a dub. It's not like the director killed your mother. With all due respect certain fans seriously need help.
It would have been more preferable for the guy upload some clips on YT to show how "bad" the dub is (I've heard some voice samples of the Blue Water dub and I didn't find it that bad) than keeping it in some folder that he's not gonna click on, like, ever.

I really hope this isn't the case with the Animax English dub.

ryandrew2005

Post by ryandrew2005 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:23 am

I been following that youtube video for ages. Sadly we wont get it i bet. What annoys me is we used to have almost episodes in really great quality by [Manifestx], I think he was missing 4 or 5 eps including 71 and 121. There was even an older Yarr me matey! that had up to episode 122 from [Manifestx] which is better than nothing and much better than the mpg files we have in the westwood/blue water tv pack. That ones also gone/deead anwyay :( we just have andyscot, a few lolmans and wonder speed corrected episodes available which are fine too. I just wish we had did a better job preserving the much better quality rip and it sucks people like disc breaker dude and that youtuber that is clearly not going to archive his episode have to eb like that.

Edit: Blue water is my childhood and i really just wish we could get it completed even if it was just the 71 episode and not the manifestx ones.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:43 pm

As someone who hasn't paid attention to things, I take it we still don't have better encodes for all the episodes with recordings containing unwatchably choppy audio? (largely affects King Piccolo and 23rd Tenkaichi, and maybe 22nd Tenkaichi I don't remember)
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

ryandrew2005

Post by ryandrew2005 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:02 am

Danfun64 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:43 pm As someone who hasn't paid attention to things, I take it we still don't have better encodes for all the episodes with recordings containing unwatchably choppy audio? (largely affects King Piccolo and 23rd Tenkaichi, and maybe 22nd Tenkaichi I don't remember)
We had almost all of them years ago, I still have the good ManifestX ones up to 122. Manifestx at one point had 1-153 on his original upload, it was missing a handful of episodes including 71 but all the episodes were good audio (some hissing) and video. For example Manifestx ones were all 300/500mb mkv files that had full intro outro the original yellow title card things not cut out as well as having no watermark from cnx/toonami, etc(personally I love the watermarks). Then SOM team made a upload that removed episodes 122-153 of Manifestx blue water db eps. So that upload now has only 1-122 not including the missing episodes of course but the upload is very much dead, they updated that one and removed all of Manifestx episodes compeltely. Right now unless you still have the old original Manifestx ones the best you can get is the blurry video and crackly audio up to 122 and then after 122 is the andyscot ones that are stretched but you can get the wonder speed corrected ones have the fixed speed but stutter like crazy.

I still have hope though at least a little. I still have the old Manifestx (1-153) upload in my tor software hoping it somehow one day gets seeded so i can get episodes 122-153 in the really good Manifestx mkvs.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:08 am

Vaguely related, but I once had every episode of GT Blue Water on my old laptop, sent to me by a fan in the UK in high quality. Great times.

ryandrew2005

Post by ryandrew2005 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:37 am

NeoKING wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:08 am Vaguely related, but I once had every episode of GT Blue Water on my old laptop, sent to me by a fan in the UK in high quality. Great times.
Yep, your right, i believe its all on Archive if you wanted to rewatch it!