Which villain would be the closest to achieving Ultra Instinct?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Which villain would be the closest to achieving Ultra Instinct?

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:29 am

Lukmendes wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:06 pm Anyways, while I see the point of Kid Buu being the closest to getting UI, I don't really see him getting it, he fights with instinct but in a rather chaotic way, while UI seems to be more, controlled martial arts thing.
That’s because you are focusing on how Angels wield Ultra Instinct, but for Goku in his true version his heart is in a total drive for battle. Kid Boo is one of a few characters that match Goku in this aspect. His heart is totally focused on seeking combat.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:10 pm

Tienshinhan.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:57 pm

A Saibaiman whose seed has been planted in the Angel Realm.

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:37 pm

Moro technically achieved it already, though it was short lived and he couldn't control it for long.

Otherwise, I'm skeptical that any DB villain could get it authentically. Kid Boo's lust for chaos would probably stop him from reaching any zen-like state of mind, and that's basically his whole personality.
Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:29 am That’s because you are focusing on how Angels wield Ultra Instinct, but for Goku in his true version his heart is in a total drive for battle.
Wielding it like the Angels was the first stepping stone for Goku, though. Had he not trained under Whis and then Merus, he'd never learn to use it at will.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):