UX / UI Design of the Forum

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonTao

UX / UI Design of the Forum

Post by SonTao » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:58 pm

Hello everyone.

I know this may seem like an odd question, but does anyone have old screen captures of prior designs of the Kanzenshuu forum? I thought it'd be a fun little side hobby to categorize the various changes made to how posting options changed over time, alongside the overall structure of the Kanzenshuu forum. However, as I only joined (relatively) recently, I only have changes made as recently as 2021 catalogued.

Weirdly specific I know, but I think it'd be fun. So if y'all have anything, shoot me a message! Or reply here, I guess.
Gohan is a neeeeerd.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: UX / UI Design of the Forum

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:26 pm

Would Wayback help in your search? You should be able to build up a lot of snapshots that way.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:25 am

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:26 pm Would Wayback help in your search? You should be able to build up a lot of snapshots that way.
I would recommend using viewforum.php?f=7 there, instead of the forum index, it gave some better success for me, especially for some of the earlier years, though I only went back to 2015. It's definitely a fun time sink, I remember browsing old threads on here (which are now 2 decades old) when I was younger, so having anything archived as was is really nice.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SonTao

Post by SonTao » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:27 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:25 am
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:26 pm Would Wayback help in your search? You should be able to build up a lot of snapshots that way.
I would recommend using viewforum.php?f=7 there, instead of the forum index, it gave some better success for me, especially for some of the earlier years, though I only went back to 2015. It's definitely a fun time sink, I remember browsing old threads on here (which are now 2 decades old) when I was younger, so having anything archived as was is really nice.
Thanks, I really appreciate this! Y'all have been quite a bit of help.
Gohan is a neeeeerd.