Would Goku had the same reaction (SS transformation) if Gohan was killed instead of Kuririn?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Would Goku had the same reaction (SS transformation) if Gohan was killed instead of Kuririn?

Post by peterx » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:34 am

Or he would transform into an even more powerful SS form since (I think) he would be more angry about his sons death?

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Re: Would Goku had the same reaction (SS transformation) if Gohan was killed instead of Kuririn?

Post by nineko » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:23 am

Probably not. Goku was mostly angry because "Kuririn already died once and couldn't be wished back to life". In fact, it's a good thing that Goku didn't know that Namekian dragon balls didn't have such a limitation, he would have probably lost if he knew that Kuririn could be wished back to life.

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Re: Would Goku had the same reaction (SS transformation) if Gohan was killed instead of Kuririn?

Post by peterx » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:04 pm

nineko wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:23 am Probably not. Goku was mostly angry because "Kuririn already died once and couldn't be wished back to life". In fact, it's a good thing that Goku didn't know that Namekian dragon balls didn't have such a limitation, he would have probably lost if he knew that Kuririn could be wished back to life.
Maan that would be so cold from Goku xD
Can't believe he would even thinking about DB's and such stuff when his friend killed in front of him.. I think the only thing he tought at that time was anger, pure anger.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:29 pm

The big thing with Krillin is that Goku was too late to save him the last time he died; he stumbled on his dead body after the fact. Even then, he flew into an absolute rage as a kid.

Here, it's even worse. Freeza kills him right in front of his eyes quite painfully, with the explicit intention of enacting this against everyone else present, and Goku is completely powerless to stop it.

It's really no wonder he completely snapped.

With Gohan, I imagine he'd still have enough anger to transform, but perhaps it wouldn't have been as easy for his psyche to break.

Bloodthroe

Post by Bloodthroe » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:54 am

To add to this, the only other time before when we saw Goku lose his mind is the first time Krillin died. I think Krillin dying a second time triggered some past trauma in Goku.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:59 am

He'd receive a rage boost on top of SSJ, making him, like, 70x stronger 8)