The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:23 pm

If we take Super Dragon Ball Heroes into account, whee Mastered SSR Goku Black is a Gogeta Blue-level threat, then MUI Fused Zamasu would at least force Gogeta Blue to get serious and go to his SSB Evolved state (like he did vs. Black in Heroes).

Otherwise, he will most certainly be above MUI Goku, since Fused Zamasu is always >>>>>> Goku. In the Anime, it took Goku's full, limit-breaking, life-threatening power to scratch Zamasu's face. In the Manga, it took Mastered SSB to match Zamasu's incomplete Rosé form. So MUI Fused Zamasu will be >>>>> MUI Goku and will be able to kill anyone that MUI Goku can fight evenly with.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:56 am

Peach wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:33 pm Future Gohan vs. Android 19
Future Gohan vs. Android 20
Future Gohan vs. Android 19 and Android 20
Future Gohan vs. Vegeta (Prior to Time Chamber in Android saga)
All right, the mighty Mireya with his amazing original manga, almost mastered-like, knowledge, will give the answer to those who seek answers from battles from the original manga of DB only.

1 - tough to say. It all depends how much weaker you think 19 was than sick Goku. Going by Ten's reactions and Piccolo resorting to Gohan only as a valuable source to confirm Goku was weakened, it's inferable that initial sick SSJ Goku showcased more power than his post Yardrat self. Gohan is weaker than the Trunks who took down Freeza (although slightly), and such Trunks is, more likely, some moderate amount below post Yardrat Goku. So we get a chain of

Initial sick Goku >> Goku (post Yardrat) >> Trunks (killing Freeza) > SSJ future Gohan

That puts a considerable difference between initial sick Goku and Gohan... Though the extent will vary depending on one's numbers. I have:

Future Gohan SSJ 180,000,000
Future Trunks SSJ 200,000,000
Post Yardrat Goku 220,000,000
Initial sick Goku 240,000,000

Initial sick Goku was considerably above #19, but the closer we have 19, the easier it is to explain why he wasn't getting ripped apart. We know they are way more resistent, but not to the point of not breaking up in face of a big strength advantage.

We also have Vegeta saying 19 wasn't as strong as foretold. So there's obviously a cap for their power. They were expecting androids who Trunks called monsters... Vegeta clarified the reality wasn't that... And that was AFTER 19 increased his power by a lot by absorbing energy... If not even the way stronger 19 fits the expected requirements, initial 19 is likely below SSJ future Trunks (killing Freeza). So while 19 isn't leagues and leagues, like multifold below initial sick Goku, he needs to be some good deal weaker and the mechanics parts of his body in eliminating pain helped him survive those hits without being KO'd.

So placing initial 19 at 160,000,000 seems a safe bet, with the increase (160 vs 210 for example) post absorptions being enough to be called big... But still not as terrible to be monsters to Trunks (200).

So if it's pre absorption 19, Gohan has a comfortable lead and would win this as long as he has intell and doesn't use any chi blasts. It wouldn't be easy though because he's fighting without chi blasts, against an enemy with more resiliemce and who he has to be awary of any energy stealing, and the power advantage (180 vs 160) ain't that big. But I still got Gohan managing the way to the W.

2 - Android 20 is noticeably stronger than 19 and would make it even with future Gohan. In that case, all the drawbecks from not using chi blasts, lacking an arm and android's resilience would weigh on Gohan and give Gero the win.

3 - Now Gohan is totally screwed.

4 - Vegeta was stronger than the Trunks who came from the future again and amazed the same Trunks who thought he was having an even battle with 18... Bulma stated Trunks surpassed Gohan (future) but not by much. And Trunks likely improved considerably in the time separaring the killing Freeza saga to the androids saga since he was always grouped together Vegeta and Goku, a Goku who trained intensely for 3 years. Vegeta stomps future Gohan, absolutely.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:41 pm

What if Goku became SSj4 against Buuhan? Would it be enough to win?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:57 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:41 pm What if Goku became SSj4 against Buuhan? Would it be enough to win?
It should, GT's ancillary material put the SS fusion on par with SS4. So he'd be as strong as Super Vegito without a time constraint. The kids and Piccolo wouldn't be rescued, though.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:18 pm

New match:

- Saiyan arc Vegeta vs. Tullece
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:57 am

Noah wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:18 pm New match:

- Saiyan arc Vegeta vs. Tullece
This is not a fair fight, my guy. Tullece should solo Vegeta, even with Oozaru, for 3 reasons.

1. Tullece's power level when arriving on Earth was 19,000, meaning he is slightly stronger than Vegeta.
2. Goku's power level was listed as 30,000 in the movie, and he needed a Kaioken x10 to try fighting Tullece.
3. Tullece, after eating the fruit, had a power level of over 300,000, which would be pretty far above Vegeta's 180,000.

Overall, Tullece solos Vegeta.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:30 pm

The following characters get possessed by Babidi, who is the strongest character they can defeat with the potential unlock granted by the wizard?

1. Yamcha (Hunt for DB's)
2. Giran
3. General Blue
4. Tao Pai Pai
5. Tien (22nd Tenkaichi Budokai)
6. King Piccolo
7. Piccolo (23rd Tenkaichi Budokai)
8. Raditz
9. Vegeta (Saiyan Saga)
10. Captain Ginyu
11. Freeza (Namek)
12. King Cold
13. Future 17 and 18
14. Cell
15. Freeza (RoF)
16. Frost
17. Hit
18. Zamasu
19. Goku Black
20. Merged Zamasu
21. Aniraza
22. Kefla
23. Toppo
24. Jiren
25. Broly

SonTao

Post by SonTao » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:22 am

Almighty Majin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:30 pm The following characters get possessed by Babidi, who is the strongest character they can defeat with the potential unlock granted by the wizard?

2. Giran
3. General Blue
4. Tao Pai Pai
6. King Piccolo
8. Raditz
9. Vegeta (Saiyan Saga)
10. Captain Ginyu
11. Freeza (Namek)
12. King Cold
13. Future 17 and 18
14. Cell
15. Freeza (RoF)
16. Frost
17. Hit
18. Zamasu
19. Goku Black
20. Merged Zamasu
21. Aniraza
22. Kefla
23. Toppo
24. Jiren
25. Broly
1. Maybe King Piccolo? Possibly lower on the list.
2. King Piccolo probably, gets his ass whooped after that though.
3. Same as the first two.
4. Okay, Tao Pai Pai is LEGITIMATELY strong. I'd have to say he's far above King Piccolo, but totally below Krillin, Yamcha, and Tenshinhan at the 23rd WMAT.
5. Same deal. 23rd WMAT Tien would face him down easy.
6. Shit. King Piccolo stomps 23rd Tenshinhan, probably equal with 23rd WMAT Piccolo.
7. DAMN. Okay, 23rd WMAT Goku goes down. I think he'd be on easy street till Raditz.
8. Nappa is probably the limit.
9. Vegeta can probably wreck house up to Jeice or Ginyu.
10. Ginyu might be able to fight First Form Frieza!
11. Oof. Final Form Frieza could probably go even with SSJ Trunks! Maybe even more...?
12. King Cold is dubious, but it's likely he could be SSJ Trunks or go even with SSJ Goku.
13. Well, they're weaker than current timeline 17 and 18. Maybe they could be on canon 16 level? Canon Imperfect Cell level is pushing it.
14. GOD. Okay, Perfect Cell goes up to SSJ2 Vegeta.
15. Well shit. Majin Golden Frieza could take down SSGSS Goku and Vegeta, maybe even beat SSGSS Kaioken Goku.
16. Frost would be extremely mid as per usual, he could beat SSG Goku but not much more.
17. SSGSS Kaioken Goku would get whooped.
18. If we're talking random Kai Zamasu? Maybe he'd be able to beat Buuhan.
19. Rose Goku Black MIGHT be able to go even with SSGSS Vegito.
20. Merged Zamasu, with the Majin boost, could probably BARELY eek out a win against Jiren.
21. Ehhh... I don't think he'd have much of a boost.
22. Even with Toppo, but gets stomped when he goes on to GOD mode.
23. Oof. Yeah TOP Jiren is whooped. Might be able to crush DBS Broly.
24. Might be able to smack down Broly, does not stand a chance against SSGSS Goleta.
25. Broly would mop the floor with the Gammas, probably even capable of eradicating Cell Max.
Gohan is a neeeeerd.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:47 am

Almighty Majin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:30 pm The following characters get possessed by Babidi, who is the strongest character they can defeat with the potential unlock granted by the wizard?

2. Giran
3. General Blue
4. Tao Pai Pai
6. King Piccolo
8. Raditz
9. Vegeta (Saiyan Saga)
10. Captain Ginyu
11. Freeza (Namek)
12. King Cold
13. Future 17 and 18
14. Cell
15. Freeza (RoF)
16. Frost
17. Hit
18. Zamasu
19. Goku Black
20. Merged Zamasu
21. Aniraza
22. Kefla
23. Toppo
24. Jiren
25. Broly
Really tough to answer a question like this. How can we gauge the boost eadh one received? If we assume the boost was the same as Vegeta's, then we may have something to go on... But Spopovich went from being schooled by Satan to having a flight aura and flying at a considerable speed... The boost isn't the same for everyone, so it's just really downright impossible to predict something like this to me.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:41 pm

Who's the strongest that Super Saiyan 4 GT Gotenks would beat? If they did fuse in GT and somehow became SSj4?
She/Her

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:53 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:41 pm Who's the strongest that Super Saiyan 4 GT Gotenks would beat? If they did fuse in GT and somehow became SSj4?
I think they are still a hair behind Goku, considering the large gap between Goku and them. So, they could beat whoever SS4 Goku can beat with ease. He struggled against Baby, 17 and a few dragons, but the ice dragon was perhaps the strongest he could deal with without it looking like a great challenge. I’m not sure if he could beat the fire dragon, since he was almost on equal terms with SS4.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:45 pm

SSj4 GT Gohan vs. Super Baby Vegeta 2

Had Gohan gone SSj4 instead, would he able to win?
She/Her

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:17 am

The Dragon Team after three years of training for the androids vs. Future 17 and 18

Curious if the cast can win since the future timeline ones are weaker. :)

Bonus Round:
What's the strongest character that Tiencha (Tien + Yamcha Fusion) could beat? The Cell saga versions of them.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:32 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:45 pm SSj4 GT Gohan vs. Super Baby Vegeta 2

Had Gohan gone SSj4 instead, would he able to win?
If we are to assume that SSJ4 is a sort of potential unlocking form, then yeah I think SSJ4 Gohan could win. If not, then he probably loses considering he was below base Goku even in SSJ.
Peach wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:17 am The Dragon Team after three years of training for the androids vs. Future 17 and 18

Bonus Round:
What's the strongest character that Tiencha (Tien + Yamcha Fusion) could beat? The Cell saga versions of them.
Vegeta and Piccolo can probably take one of them if they teamed up. The rest would have to stall the other one until Tien can pull off a Neo Tri-Beam. I think it could be doable. If Goku is still in the mix, then it's much easier for sure.

As for Cell Games Tiencha.... he'd probably be somewhere between initial base Gotenks and post-time chamber base Gotenks imo. With the Tri-Beam I'd say Tiencha would be able to beat Cell or Dabura maybe.

SonTao

Post by SonTao » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:55 pm

Peach wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:17 am The Dragon Team after three years of training for the androids vs. Future 17 and 18

Bonus Round:
I think they could scrape out a win, but it might be iffy if Goku still gets the Heart Attack mid battle. But if need be, Goku and Vegeta could team on 17 or 18 individually to make absolutely sure they can win.

Also, Tiencha could probably beat Dabura, and onward toward an even fight with Majin Buu?
Gohan is a neeeeerd.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:25 pm

If Grandpa Gohan (not dead) was in the 21st Tenkachi Budokai, how far would he make it?
She/Her

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:54 pm

The following villains get combined into the Big Gete Star like Cooler was and can produce "Meta" versions of themselves, who is the strongest character they defeat?

Tao Pai Pai
King Piccolo
Garlic Jr.
Raditz
Dr. Wheelo
Turles
Lord Slug
Captain Ginyu
Freeza (Namek)
King Cold
Android 20
Cell
Bojack
Bio-Broly
Freeza (RoF)
Goku Black
Merged Zamasu
Moro
Gas
Cell Max

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:20 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:25 pm If Grandpa Gohan (not dead) was in the 21st Tenkachi Budokai, how far would he make it?
He'd win it easily considering he could keep up with a way stronger post Karin Goku fairly well, while someone like Mummy was an opponent to which Roshi stated the Goku of before (that is, the 21st Budokai logically, as it was the last time he saw Goku) may not be able to win against... Then you have Akkuman who is way stronger than the Mummy and then Son Gohan who's on a different level from all the prior fighters... So, Son Gohan >>> Akkuman >> Mummy >= 21st Budokai Goku/Roshi...

Edit: oh, just noticed the not dead stuff. Well, if we assume Son Gohan made some big gains after dying, then it could all change. Idk, hard to gauge Son Gohan's power before dying. Maybe he was on par with 21st Budokai Goku, based off Roshi saying Goku should give up as not even Son Gohan lasted that long against his electric attack, and that he's the 2nd person forcing him to dish it out... Implying a resemblance between that Goku and Gohan, before dying, maybe. Still though, we know Roshi was stronger when young, and he already got a big power up when training for the 22nd Budokai... So I dunno, the Roshi who defeated Gohan might have also been sharper and more in shape than the one who faced Goku, which could change things a little too. Also, I don't remember Roshi explicitly commenting on Son Gohan achieving a big power up upon realising it was him fighting Vs Goku in the Baba tournament... So there's also the likelihood he didn't grow stronger. Who knows.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:01 pm

Cell Games SSJ Goku’s Kamehameha vs Full Power Perfect Cell

Basically Cell goes to FP and lets Goku charge his strongest Kamehameha. What happens? Cell’s not dodging it, he’s letting it land just like he did vs Vegeta’s Final Flash. Does Cell tank it, Broly style? Does he get blown to bits? Something in between?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:35 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:01 pm Cell Games SSJ Goku’s Kamehameha vs Full Power Perfect Cell

Basically Cell goes to FP and lets Goku charge his strongest Kamehameha. What happens? Cell’s not dodging it, he’s letting it land just like he did vs Vegeta’s Final Flash. Does Cell tank it, Broly style? Does he get blown to bits? Something in between?
Amping up Freeza's durability to the max, I'm thinking there's not going to be a repeat of the Shunkanido KHH or the Final Flash.
If there's any comparison possible between Cell and Broly's power(I'd put Broly above but not thaaaat much higher), then Cell bracing himself, like Jiren vs Vegeta, should be enough to tank/survive it.
I don't recall the exact numbers, but Goku shot a 60M Freeza with a 60M KHH and one hand was enough. Maybe a similar situation would take place here.
I doubt Goku could pull out something stronger than what he used to blow up Cell's upper part, and Cell's power up I think is enough to retain his torso.