"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:00 am

Thanks to be a PlayStation Plus member, I can play Dragon Ball: The Breakers and I think this game has the best character selection screen of the last Dragon Ball games and Budokai Tenkaichi character selection screen should be based in this one

I mean, when you choose a transphere you can see all the transformations and all of the skins of the character (the only things that are kept separate are different ages of the same character (for example: Teen Gohan and Adult Gohan)), so this help to get a very clean and organised roster and avoid the feeling about the same character repeated many times and the best of all: when they add a new skin or a transformation for a character previously added in the game, they update the slot for include that new things instead of a new slot

So, I hope Bandai Namco continues with this kind of character screen selection for the new Budokai Tenkaichi and future Dragon Ball games

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:52 pm

Well I'll throw this out there. I hope there is some kind of CAC in BT4. I wouldn't mind a limited one Xenoverse 1 as long as it's included.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:51 am

If GTA 6 is coming out in 2025 and they have already released a much more developed trailer than BT4's, and yes, I know GTA 6 is way more complex than a fighting game, but still, we should be getting this game by late 2024 at best, right?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:51 pm

Trailer just dropped at game awards.

CodeOfMe

Post by CodeOfMe » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:53 pm

Go over time and space...

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:03 pm

Is this the first game to feature Bergamo?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:07 pm

You know it's a true Tenkaichi game when the stupid dog character from the ToP is playable. Looks so good.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:10 pm

Gonna need more gameplay before I can formulate a preliminary opinion.

Visually it looks good, though.

Hopefully they announce a beta soon.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:33 pm

It's DB so it will sell anyway, but I'm surprised they won't keep the Budokai Tenkaichi brand for overseas recognition.

Visually it looks amazing and I'm still shocked Spike was able to pull off these graphics.
And finally DBS characters like Bergamo will be playable.

Looking forward to this.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:06 pm

Gameplay looks nuts. The highly-destructible environments are cool. Getting a Steam/PC version is a good sign for the obvious modding potential. And keeping the original "Sparking!" title even for the English version is kinda nice to see. But overall my feelings are still the same as they were for the initial reveal trailer: Show me characters from parts of the franchise other than overdone Z or likewise-overdone-by-now-and-also-dogshit Super, and then I'll be genuinely interested.

So far this new trailer isn't inspiring much hope in that regard. if they're taking a jackhammer to the bottom of the barrel for random Tournament of Power schmoes like Bergamo, then I'd better at least also see the likes of Arale plus every DB and GT character from BT3 make a comeback too. Right now I'd even just settle for seeing the real Bardock pop up instead of his cheap knockoff Minus/Super self and take that as a good sign.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:29 pm

dbshype is kinda reliable when it comes to game leaks

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1732947838307635511

OG to Daima and even GT is an interesting claim
Last edited by Bardock God of Time on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:31 pm

Kaboom wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:06 pm Gameplay looks nuts. The highly-destructible environments are cool. Getting a Steam/PC version is a good sign for the obvious modding potential. And keeping the original "Sparking!" title even for the English version is kinda nice to see. But overall my feelings are still the same as they were for the initial reveal trailer: Show me characters from parts of the franchise other than overdone Z or likewise-overdone-by-now-and-also-dogshit Super, and then I'll be genuinely interested.

So far this new trailer isn't inspiring much hope in that regard. if they're taking a jackhammer to the bottom of the barrel for random Tournament of Power schmoes like Bergamo, then I'd better at least also see the likes of Arale plus every DB and GT character from BT3 make a comeback too. Right now I'd even just settle for seeing the real Bardock pop up instead of his cheap knockoff Minus/Super self and take that as a good sign.
Be glad that relevant games only use Z Bardock. Anyways, now it's time to place your bets on who else is gonna be on the roster! Let's hear your predictions!
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:34 pm

Those character models are absolutely insane, holy shit. I'm stupid excited for this.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:36 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:31 pmBe glad that relevant games only use Z Bardock.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when the Bardock DLC for Kakarot was based almost entirely on the original, actually-good TV special, with Gine's inclusion being the only thing (that I'm aware of) related to Minus instead.

I'd be overjoyed to see that trend continue and for this game to largely ignore Minus too. Hell, let Bardock go Super Saiyan and put Chilled in the roster too — I'll happily take an Episode of Bardock adaptation as a what-if chapter over anything else that's been done to the character recently.

That aside, my crack prediction/hope for the roster is some of the Xeno heroes and other characters from Super DB Heroes. I'd love to see those "enhanced" versions of the GT cast and various others be playable in an actual action game, rather than... well, a card-based Heroes game.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:47 pm

This doesn't really look or feel any different than the games from fifteen years ago, but yay for Bergamo being playable!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:09 am

Yeah can definitely see some similarities, one impressive thing to me was Goku's reactions to getting smacked around by Broly, looks like a fair amount of effort being put into animations.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:11 am

CodeOfMe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:53 pm Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rIMLPs1GWQ
Wow. Looks like they vastly overhauled & improved the combat system. I like BT3 as much as the next guy, but 1 of the things I didn't like even when I was a kid was how shallow the combat was.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:31 am

Personally, I'm over here losing it over how EVERYONE and their grandparent seems to universally agree that Bergamo is THE canary in the coalmine in regards to what Sparking Zero's roster is probably going to look like. :lol:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:49 am

I hope Rejik and Rild from DBGT will finally be playable.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:05 am

Almost a year after being announced (followed by an ungodly silence) and that is all they have to show. The Game Awards and the Oscars should include the "Best & Worst Marketing Campaign" category, that's one thing Dragon Ball these days would become a staple on, probably even on a winning streak, unfortunately it's for the latter, though.

Guess I'll just continue to be seated here, waiting for... something substantial to be shown and to talk about.
shadd21 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:03 pmIs this the first game to feature Bergamo?
No, it's always Dragon Ball Heroes.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~