EXCLUSIVE! La Tele Paraguay is airing OG Dragon Ball!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: EXCLUSIVE! La Tele Paraguay is airing OG Dragon Ball!

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:36 pm

Gingka Vegeta wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:04 pm
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:58 am Good thing you asked! Its on the episode where Trunks dresses in drag and pretends to be a bride.

And I have some major news. La Tele DID promote GT but does it along with all the other animated kids shows they have like Captain Tsubasa and so on, they even used Digimon's Butterfly to promote the block which means I was right, this block is to foment a relationship with Toei. And the ratings for the Telefuturo Broacast of DBZ 19% is 380,000 viewers and La Tele's are 11% and 220,000 viewers. Out of a full TV population of 2 million.
I would like to see that promo, do you know where to get it? I want to believe that they skipped DBZ intentionally, because until recently it was aired on Telefuturo.

On the other hand, if there were people recording Dragon Ball from Telefuturo and La Tele but they do not share them or have few episodes, unfortunately. While series like Dragon Ball GT or Captain Tsubasa (1983) are being broadcasted with material from the internet, as this is how they are apparently distributed.
I really want to, but I dont know how. I saw on tv and ironically its pretty damn rare to see since they have so many advertisers they barely air any promos. I DO want to record so I wanna learn how. I dont have TiVO but I do have my computer and I can catch the web broadcast of the channel. Also you MIGHT be onto something. Toei may have given them the license but they do use materials from the internet. This broadcast shows that even when dealing with Telefuturo, they aired the Japanese credits version of the opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WirM5SA6rcA
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gingka Vegeta

Post by Gingka Vegeta » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:18 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:36 pm
Gingka Vegeta wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:04 pm
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:58 am Good thing you asked! Its on the episode where Trunks dresses in drag and pretends to be a bride.

And I have some major news. La Tele DID promote GT but does it along with all the other animated kids shows they have like Captain Tsubasa and so on, they even used Digimon's Butterfly to promote the block which means I was right, this block is to foment a relationship with Toei. And the ratings for the Telefuturo Broacast of DBZ 19% is 380,000 viewers and La Tele's are 11% and 220,000 viewers. Out of a full TV population of 2 million.
I would like to see that promo, do you know where to get it? I want to believe that they skipped DBZ intentionally, because until recently it was aired on Telefuturo.

On the other hand, if there were people recording Dragon Ball from Telefuturo and La Tele but they do not share them or have few episodes, unfortunately. While series like Dragon Ball GT or Captain Tsubasa (1983) are being broadcasted with material from the internet, as this is how they are apparently distributed.
I really want to, but I dont know how. I saw on tv and ironically its pretty damn rare to see since they have so many advertisers they barely air any promos. I DO want to record so I wanna learn how. I dont have TiVO but I do have my computer and I can catch the web broadcast of the channel. Also you MIGHT be onto something. Toei may have given them the license but they do use materials from the internet. This broadcast shows that even when dealing with Telefuturo, they aired the Japanese credits version of the opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WirM5SA6rcA
Too bad, in Mexico Azteca 7 does the same thing with the Planeta Anime block commercials, which makes them hard to catch.

On the subject of the masters, this is how Toei delivers them, those episodes that Telefuturo showed with the opening credits in Japanese also appeared in episodes 7 to 9 of the DVD's that On Screen Films released in Mexico years ago, but it is legitimate material because they even have countdown timers that were intended to program the commercials on television, besides having official audios presumably from Televisa with the insert of Carlos Becerril that to date there is no record of it having appeared on any channel when it transmitted the Cloverway material.

For GT, they do distribute terrible material and it is the same that has been seen on Canal 5 in Mexico, Canal 1 in Colombia, Red Uno in Bolivia and even the one that is currently on Crunchyroll.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:52 am

Recently I learned that El Trece, another Paraguayan channel, airs their kids cartoons in the afternoons. I wish Grupo Vierci had such huge balls to do that. Grupo Vierci has the Dragon Ball Franchise in safer or less risky spots. But I know for sure if they did air it in the afternoons it would do awesome.

Grupo Vierci is the media group that owns both Telefuturo and Latele.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:56 am

La Tele Paraguay is new airing OG Dragon Ball AGAIN. I am so glad, the ratings must be really good. I mean I already saw them but I am so glad OG Dragon Ball is getting so much love.

FAKE EDIT: I know this is a double post but I wanted to mention this. It looks like Toei REALLY DOES a great relationship with Grupo Vierci. This is the last time I will double post on this topic.