Would the Shutdown remote get made earlier in the unseen timeline?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Would the Shutdown remote get made earlier in the unseen timeline?

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:19 pm

I'm working on a long post about the unseen timeline and I have two questions at this stage.

So Trunks, Kuririn, Gohan, Chichi Yamcha and sick goku are on the plane, moving Goku to Kamis in the android saga.

They get a call from Bulma, which is functionally where the Unseen Timeline diverges from the main one.
Bulma hasn't been called about the discarded time machine as there is no Cell.

https://i.imgur.com/tfs2Bwv.png

So they would just talk about the androids instead.

When Trunks and Gohan fly to check out the machine Trunks says to Gohan Gero must have had a shutdown switch, and that gives him hope. In canon he finds the time machine, checks in with kame house, sees the news and heads to Ginger town. Piccolo then sends em to the lab for cells basement specifically.

We know from the guidebook that he uses the remote, so he had to go there without needing the motivation of stopping Cell.
We also know that either Cell absorbed him, and would notice Trunks was strong, or he just jumped him, but if Trunks had trained he couldn't really be jumped without a tail stab imo. So either way it seems like Trunks didn't train, and must have used the remote. Which means he had to go to the lab.

We know that when Trunks does Train he doesn't bother bringing the remote anymore so yeah we can deduce he does.

Anyway, my question today is twofold.

If Trunks does go to the Lab after the call with Bulma, although it's slightly further to fly from between Gokus and Roshis to the lab then it is from Gingertown to the lab, he's getting there much earlier, even though he doesn't know to look for a basement entrance specifically it really doesn't seem the hole was hard to find.

https://i.imgur.com/6UBatJ5.png

He can probably fly marginally faster, even at a casual speed to Bulmas than Kuririn too.
He doesn't try to train with Vegeta as Vegeta has not mentioned surpassing Supersaiyan at gingertown, as no one went to gingertown, so he's delivering them. The fact that he would have gone to vegeta means he doesn't feel the need to guard Goku, so he probably stays at capsule corp till it's done, and he can fly faster than Bulmas jet, moreso than Kuririn can, if he senses Yamcha and Kuririn getting attacked he would be able to speed up even more. The androids however didn't stop the truck for 16 to observe Piccolo versus Cell (but I don't think they stayed too long)

Piccolo is at Kamis, expresses intent to wait until Kami changes his mind. Tenshinhan checked on Chaozu and doesn't go to check out Cell.
https://i.imgur.com/b3J20bQ.png
https://i.imgur.com/dkfQMHi.png

This leaves Kuririn, Yamcha, Chi chi and Roshi (And turtle I guess) at home when the androids show up.

So my two questions are.

1. Can Trunks make it there with the remote before Yamcha and Kuririn are potentially killed (especially given the androids want to interogate not kill in and of itself).

2. a) Does Goku take everyone with him when he goes to Kamis lookout? He left them originally to hunt for Cell, and left them in Kamicollos care, but here that is not the case.
b) Goku never actually tells them he's going to kamis palace, Piccolo, who's not here now, mentions this fact. So if the humans say they genuinely do not know do they androids go to Capsule Corp headfirst into the remote.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.