"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:03 am

My favourite story modes are the ones let us navigate on an open world (Budokai 3. Tenkaichi 2, Kakarot)
BT2 story mode is my favourite because how completed it was.

I like Budokai 1/Tenkaichi 1 approach too. Just straight to the cutscenes

My least favourite are the board ones (Budokai 2 and FighterZ). They are boring and can be repetitive too. So anything but that it's ok for me.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:42 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:03 am My favourite story modes are the ones let us navigate on an open world (Budokai 3. Tenkaichi 2, Kakarot)

My least favourite are the board ones (Budokai 2 and FighterZ). They are boring and can be repetitive too. So anything but that it's ok for me.
I think Infinite World did the board storymode the best

I wouldn't be against Infinite World's storymode being the thing

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:45 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:03 am My favourite story modes are the ones let us navigate on an open world (Budokai 3. Tenkaichi 2, Kakarot)

Board storymodes are so awful! Budokai 1 was great and it had some "mini games" like holding Raditz for Piccolo to charge up the Makankosappo.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:17 pm

The story mode in Sparking 1 felt like so lazy. You have like two lines of dailogue for each fight and that's it. The entire story felt like if it was written by someone who only read the wikipedia pages of DB and not seen/read the actual series.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:17 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:31 pm Yeah, on top of having the free-roaming Tenkaichi 2 world map, it would be neat to include as many sagas as possible. Probably even in chronological order, with some what-if missions unlocking with each saga.
  • Bardock/Jaco (The Origins)
  • Pilaf/21st Tournament (The Beginnings)
  • Red Ribbon Army/Baba Tourney (The Army)
  • 22nd Tournament/King Piccolo (The Demons)
  • 23rd Tournament Saga/Garlic Jr. (The Coming of Age)
  • Saiyans/World's Strongest/Turles (The Invasion)
  • Frieza/Lord Slug/Cooler/Garlic Jr. Returns (The Super Saiyan)
  • Cell/Meta-Cooler/Super 13/Broly/Bojack (The Androids)
  • Buu/Broly/Bio-Broly/Janemba/Hirudegarn (The Primordial)
  • Yo Son Goku/Battle of Gods (The Gods)
  • Resurrection F/Universe 6 (The Return)
  • History of Trunks/Future Babidi/Goku Black (The Future)
  • Tournament of Power (The Multiverse)
  • DBS Broly/Superhero/End of Z (The Passing)
  • Black Star Dragonballs/Baby/Super 17 (The Grand Tour)
  • Shadow Dragons/End of GT (The Culmination)
Daima and video game stories like FighterZ or Heroes will probably be DLC, though it wouldn't surprise me if Daima Goku, 21, Towa and Mira at least appeared on the base roster for some what-if scenarios.
That would be the tits, not gonna lie.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:37 pm

The visuals look stunning so far, Bergamo's presence kind of confirms that the game roster will be large, but I really hope for characters that have never been included in a main game to be playable, like Rejic and Rildo, I also wonder if it will follow the pattern of recent games by introducing an original story or if it will be the same as older Sparking! games, having to go through Raditz to Boo (Jiren).
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:34 am

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:23 pm I still don’t really get why people prefer the story of BT2 over BT3. Sure, it’s long, but it’s also really repetitive. You fight the same enemies over and over. Even the free roaming map is just a shallow copy of the one from Budokai 3, and most of the “cutscenes” are just characters standing around with those stiff models. The GT portion of the story is especially awkward because Goku’s kid self from that series isn’t even in the game. They even flat out changed the ending.

I much prefer how streamlined the story of BT3 is, and I always loved the addition of having the dialogue play out during the fight. The fact that it includes OG Dragon Ball is a bonus, even if they’re out of order.
I agree. Something like Ultimate Tenkaichi is more ideal to be honest. Tenkaichi 2 is way too long.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:07 pm

It would be cool if they give us create a story mode with people able to create their own fantasy events. Rave Master on the Gamecube had a similar thing.
She/Her

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:46 pm

There's the possibility the game could have 2 story separate modes, one that tells an original story, and one that recaps the events of the series, similar Naruto Connections(Bandai's most recent anime fighter) and Ultimate Tenkaichi(the last DB game Spike worked on)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:14 am

If they want an easy story mode just go with what if the Super events happened in the GT timeline.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:50 am

Noah wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:37 pm t I really hope for characters that have never been included in a main game to be playable, like Rejic and Rildo(Jiren).
That, and all the evil dragons from GT that never have been in games.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:56 pm

sangofe wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:50 am
Noah wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:37 pm t I really hope for characters that have never been included in a main game to be playable, like Rejic and Rildo(Jiren).
Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Am I a joke to you?
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:36 am

Oh yeah, if I remember correctly, the shadow dragons have what-if super forms and Xeno forms in Heroes if I remember correctly. Also, Majin Omega Shenron.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:06 am

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:56 pm
Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Am I a joke to you?
Yes, you are. Jokes aside, they're not really controllable like in traditional games, are they?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:40 am

I would love to see lots of forms/characters of SDBHeroes, even as DLCs. There is immense potential.
Think of characters like gogeta/vegeth ss4 limit breaker, all ss4 (broly, gohan, bardock, time patrollers) and several typical enemies of the saga (turles with long hair, golden cooler, hearts, goku black ss3 rosé etc.). After all, these characters are already enjoying a lot of success in Legends and other games.
By doing so they can create tons of new and different interactions, new what-if stories and more.
That would be spectacular!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:22 pm

With so many characters, we better get some awesome intro dialogues with the characters. I feel like they always miss the opportunity with certain characters.
She/Her

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:45 am

No livestream this year for Battlehour, they really hate advertising things

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:52 am

Their producers are probably not related, but something I always thought was cool about Supersonic Warriors 2 (2005) was that if you formed a team with two or three characters, it was possible to create a team special technique and many of them were awesome! Even though most of it had never appeared in the original series.

Not really excited for the whole bunch. I mean there's a reason why most games only have Syn, Nuova and Eis, that is their design and abillities don't suck. But I won't be against it as it would be the first game to attempt to have all seven to its roster.
Last edited by Noah on Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:58 am

Noah wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:52 am Their producers are probably not related, but something I always thought was cool about Supersonic Warriors 2 (2005) was that if you formed a team with two or three characters, it was possible to create a team special technique and many of them were awesome! Even though they had never appeared in the original series."

Not really excited for the whole bunch. I mean there's a reason why most games only have Syn, Nuova and Eis, that is their design and abillities don't suck. But I won't be against it as it would be the first game to attempt to have all seven to its roster.
The female dragon is pretty cool. The mole and electicty Dragons maybe not so much.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:03 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:52 am I mean there's a reason why most games only have Syn, Nuova and Eis, that is their design and abillities don't suck. But I won't be against it as it would be the first game to attempt to have all seven to its roster.
Dragon Ball is mostly a gag series, and these games treat themselves too seriously. It's good that not all seven Shadow Dragons are forced into the "cool factor", and instead some are gimmicky. That's how Toriyama would like it too.

Also, Heroes has all 7 already since a long while 8)