Another live action thread (yes, I know)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Another live action thread (yes, I know)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:57 pm

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:48 pm
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:36 pmUnder what metric?
What metric could exist for such a thing? It's not like there's a review system for acting by nationality. It's just from observation and experience.

Just like there's a huge anime fanbase there's also one for live action dramas and it's pretty unanimous that Japanese are quite inferior to their Korean counterparts due to the acting.

They overact, which is probably why they make very good voice actors for anime and games but they seem to carry the same style over to live action and it doesn't work. Like Yu Yu Hakusho.
You really arent the sharpest tool are you? They meant what sort of media you are using to make this racist assesment of quality.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:31 pm

The user is gone, so it's not likely to be seen, but this exact scenario came up once before. Needless to say, it was swiftly diffused.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 am

GhostEmperorX wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:31 pm The user is gone, so it's not likely to be seen, but this exact scenario came up once before. Needless to say, it was swiftly diffused.
We should get a bat signal or something for whenever someone is spouting stupid shit and we need Kunzait to drop an extremely wordy explosive on their posts.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:28 pm

Thanks to One Piece Live action success, the current arc will start streaming weekly on Netflix from 13 January onwards.
Now One Piece will be streaming on Crunchyroll and Netflix, which will increase OP fanbase even further.

It sure worked out for them. Lucky bastards.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:49 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:28 pm Thanks to One Piece Live action success, the current arc will start streaming weekly on Netflix from 13 January onwards.
Now One Piece will be streaming on Crunchyroll and Netflix, which will increase OP fanbase even further.

It sure worked out for them. Lucky bastards.
One Piece is also on tubi and Hulu I believe. Though Tubi is subbed only, iirc.

Meanwhile Crunchyroll refuses to put their most profitable Dragon Ball series on anything but their own steaming service.