"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Asin » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:17 pm

Aywok wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:29 pm
Asin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:59 pm So, 8th Anniversary has been on Global for a bit now. To anybody who is a member and plays this funny little gacha game, how has it been going for you? Mine's been going great (pulled GT Duo first multi), but I want to hear from fellow players how everything's been going on your ends. Have you had good pulls? Bad pulls? Have you beaten a particularly hard stage you couldn't before? Discuss!
I missed Gamma 1 and Gamma 2 the first time around. I have a fully unlocked SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta from the (A) pulls; I have a 2/4 potential routes for the GT unit you just mentioned.

I've spent 600 DS's so far and not a single Gamma 1 or Gamma 2.
Same on my end as well, I am without any of the Gammas. I did pull both the headliner units, the banner units, my first 5th Anniversary unit (Gogeta) and STR Cooler. I used my coins a bit early and grabbed TEQ Vegetto because I didn't know if I'd pull him ever, so I'm definitely walking out of this anniversary quite a bit tougher. I can only hope my luck on the WWC (whatever it is) and Tanabata is good as well.

That INT Super Full Power Saiyan 4 (why is he called that, they could've called him Full Power Super Saiyan 4 or something) is an absolute must have unit, especially for GT oriented players.

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:31 pm

Asin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:59 pm So, 8th Anniversary has been on Global for a bit now. To anybody who is a member and plays this funny little gacha game, how has it been going for you? Mine's been going great (pulled GT Duo first multi), but I want to hear from fellow players how everything's been going on your ends. Have you had good pulls? Bad pulls? Have you beaten a particularly hard stage you couldn't before? Discuss!
Worst luck I've had on a banner so far (in relation to getting the headliners). I saved up 2600 stones, it took 1300 to get my first and only Z Duo and another 1000 to get my first and only GT Duo. I got both Gammas with a few dupes, rainbowed Cooler and the GT SSJ Goku and Vegeta, got a few copies of everything else, so it wasn't awful, but I had no intention of spending that many stones since I wanted to save some for the tanabata banners.

But damn, all I really cared about were the headliners and I've never had to sink so many stones to get just a single copy of them.

Aywok

Post by Aywok » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:32 am

Asin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:17 pm
Aywok wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:29 pm
I missed Gamma 1 and Gamma 2 the first time around. I have a fully unlocked SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta from the (A) pulls; I have a 2/4 potential routes for the GT unit you just mentioned.

I've spent 600 DS's so far and not a single Gamma 1 or Gamma 2.
Same on my end as well, I am without any of the Gammas. I did pull both the headliner units, the banner units, my first 5th Anniversary unit (Gogeta) and STR Cooler. I used my coins a bit early and grabbed TEQ Vegetto because I didn't know if I'd pull him ever, so I'm definitely walking out of this anniversary quite a bit tougher. I can only hope my luck on the WWC (whatever it is) and Tanabata is good as well.

That INT Super Full Power Saiyan 4 (why is he called that, they could've called him Full Power Super Saiyan 4 or something) is an absolute must have unit, especially for GT oriented players.
Can you link to the unit you're talking about. Trying to keep all this straight during my first anniversary is daunting. Thank you so much.

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:25 pm

Oh right.
https://dokkaninfo.com/cards/1026901
He's currently a JP only unit. He should be dropping on Global sometime in the October to December range, if it's like how Tanabata units usually get their debut on Global.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:13 pm

Sounds nice like dokkan battle has cool music themes.
Also love that this game not just adds in every dragon ball series and movies but also video games i feel the dragon ball video game verse needs more love in other games.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:00 am

I saw this SSJ4 Goku Dokkan action and was amazed how good it looked:

https://youtu.be/zxRFZXADdIs?si=bAVQFHNAQRMa-N10

Besides the still frames and the flash-like animation, is most of the animation in this game during these scenes new or ripped straight from the anime? To me, it looks like a mix of both.

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:44 am

So, it's been a while, but have any of you seen the 9th Anniversary Fan Meetup? We've got some spicy stuff here:

*STR LR Ultra Instinct -Sign- Goku is getting his EZA during the countdown to the anniversary
*Part 1 of the Anniversary's headliners are DBS Broly themed: Gogeta and Broly(!!! An Extreme Class Anniversary unit... That hasn't happened since the first anniversary) who transform (unknown if passive or via active skill)
*Gogeta is apparently a Carnival LR and has the new mechanic (Taunting, I believe it is. Draws all attacks to that one unit), Broly is a DFE LR
*We're getting a log-in Gogeta unit
*New category: Super Bosses (could we see Cell Max get a unit in Part 2?)
*Something beyond EZAs is planned, apparently

All in all: this is looking like an interesting anniversary? Anybody got thoughts on all of this?