Jump force timeline placement

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Jump force timeline placement

Post by TobyS » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:41 am

I know video games generally aren't canon but based on dialogue and transformations, when is jump force set relative to DB. Do we have golden freeza and blue? Does anyone mention the top? Was it released before granolah was written?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Re: Jump force timeline placement

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:02 pm

I haven't played the game so I don't know any of its dialog, but based on what I'm seeing on Google, it seems like, yeah, we've got Super Saiyan Blue and Golden Freeza. More specifically, Goku is not wearing his "F" gi, and Freeza does not have a halo, so I guess I'd be inclined to have this be post-Tournament of Power.

(Though Cell is also present without a halo, and Future Trunks uses his Z design and not his Super design)

The game came out between the 2nd and 3rd chapters of the Moro arc.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:17 pm

Zephyr wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:02 pm I haven't played the game so I don't know any of its dialog, but based on what I'm seeing on Google, it seems like, yeah, we've got Super Saiyan Blue and Golden Freeza. More specifically, Goku is not wearing his "F" gi, and Freeza does not have a halo, so I guess I'd be inclined to have this be post-Tournament of Power.

(Though Cell is also present without a halo, and Future Trunks uses his Z design and not his Super design)

The game came out between the 2nd and 3rd chapters of the Moro arc.
Damn perhaps it was in development post ROF but pre Black arc? To explain Trunks...

Yeah 2 chapters into Moro means it was before Moro in it's inception.

Thanks that narrows it down a bit.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:14 pm

Jump Force was announced in June 2018, which was only months after the Dragon Ball Super TV series ended that previous March.

Obviously it was already well in production at that point, and as noted, released in February 2019.

In terms of for "content" and "versions of characters" that Jump Force would have been able to "consider"... yes, it's basically just up to the Tournament of Power. We know that the Broly theatrical film was already in the planning stages before the Super TV series ended, but that almost certainly wouldn't have been part of anyone's consideration for the game here.

I have to be honest and confess that I never finished the game's story mode. It was unbelievably dull and repetitive and just... not fun at all. What I did play I have no working memory of, so I likewise can't confidently say what all exterior events have have been referred to by the characters.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::