Should Android 21 appear in the manga/anime

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Should Android 21 appear in the manga/anime

Post by super michael » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:33 pm

I am curious to hear members opinions about this character. I am curious to see if members want to see Android 21 in the manga/anime.

I believe adding Android 21 would be a great addition to Dragon Ball, I know her main appearance is in a game called Dragon Ball FighterZ, however it would be fun to see her in the manga/anime. If she joins the Z fighters then even better.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Should Android 21 appear in the manga/anime

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:36 pm

No objection in theory - she's an interesting design in both versions, and she kind of has a back-door into the main storyline already, being modelled on Gero's wife Vomi - but the window of opportunity to actually put her into a viable storyline that doesn't just exasperate the readership/viewership (you know, "Red Ribbon Androids again!?") has all but closed in the wake of Super Hero.

There's maybe a ghost of a chance of it being done with a modicum of storytelling craft, if there's some kind of continuation of the Red Ribbon/Super Hero story elements in the current manga arc as a 'B'-plot that folds her in, or something - but I sure wouldn't bet on it happening. God knows that story-wise, simply adapting/tweaking the stinker that is her FighterZ debut is a no-go.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:17 pm

They already had their chance with Super Hero, so making yet another Red Ribbon related arc would be questionable, with Daima around that could be mitigated I guess...

Although since Toriyama may not necessarily follow what a previous version of a character was like or what they did, it's always possible that Hedo could create a 21 in a Capsule Corp lab or whatever else...

Seriously though, wonder if Hedo will be just a goofy comic relief character who's only around to make Bulma immortal or whatever lol.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:10 am

I'd like the idea.

Red ribbon again is a little tired but coming right off super hero makes more sense imo.

A desperate Carmine goes to a random red ribbon/gero lab. Mothballed 21 in there, gero never released her because he never cured her disease that he androided her to avoid or the whole hunger thing. Carmine releases her out of stupidity desperation or by accident.

The power surpressing waves give people time to shine.

Red ribbon again is just ginns be freeza again otherwise lmao
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.