The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Mireya » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:09 pm

macho_man wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:07 pm Could someone translate this?

Yes. Tho I'm still in the process.

First paragraph:

"That thing has automatic tracking..."

Second panel:

"For now, it's going according to the plan. I must be cautious so that the true purpose is not found out..."

Third panel:

"That was a hint..,"

Third panel:

"What Kuririn said at that time, his casual words..."

Kuririn : " You know, Piccolo, I've been wondering... about something for a while now."

Eu sou Perfeito

Post by Eu sou Perfeito » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:36 pm

What is the correct translation of this?:

As expected, I'm defeated/ I'm defeated, as expected

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:14 pm

A couple reminders:

AI / automated / Google Translate / DeepL is not sufficient, professional translation up to Kanzenshuu standards, either as an institutional website as a whole or further within its community. If you're not actually proficient in the languages (both the source and the destination!), please leave the translation to the translators!

Additionally, the Dragon Ball manga has largely faithful translations in multiple languages, including English. Unless there is a very specific reason you have a question about things, especially when they're fairly innocuous/everyday sentences, you're largely safe in just referring to what already exists in the official, professional translation.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:39 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:14 pm A couple reminders:

AI / automated / Google Translate / DeepL is not sufficient, professional translation up to Kanzenshuu standards, either as an institutional website as a whole or further within its community. If you're not actually proficient in the languages (both the source and the destination!), please leave the translation to the translators!

Additionally, the Dragon Ball manga has largely faithful translations in multiple languages, including English. Unless there is a very specific reason you have a question about things, especially when they're fairly innocuous/everyday sentences, you're largely safe in just referring to what already exists in the official, professional translation.
That translation wasn't off as it was verified with a friend who's Japanese fluent. It wasn't a translation made by DeepL or machine. If there was anything lacking accuracy, you could point out.

Eu sou Perfeito

Post by Eu sou Perfeito » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:40 pm

I Thank for the info

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:14 pm

Mireya wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:09 pm
macho_man wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:07 pm Could someone translate this?

Yes. Tho I'm still in the process.

First paragraph:

"That thing has automatic tracking..."

Second panel:

"For now, it's going according to the plan. I must be cautious so that the true purpose is not found out..."

Third panel:

"That was a hint..,"

Third panel:

"What Kuririn said at that time, his casual words..."

Kuririn : " You know, Piccolo, I've been wondering... about something for a while now."
Thanks, you've been so kind. This page is taken from Dragon Ball After #11 by Young Jijii and Omanda Naoyuki, and was a page difficult to interpret. If there's something else to fix about it or you have any doubts, or need more context just ask. Thanks again.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:25 pm

Mireya wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:39 pm That translation wasn't off as it was verified with a friend who's Japanese fluent. It wasn't a translation made by DeepL or machine. If there was anything lacking accuracy, you could point out.
I didn't cite your post in any way. I was simply putting two general reminders in the thread that seemed worth reiterating.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:29 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:25 pm
Mireya wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:39 pm That translation wasn't off as it was verified with a friend who's Japanese fluent. It wasn't a translation made by DeepL or machine. If there was anything lacking accuracy, you could point out.
I didn't cite your post in any way. I was simply putting two general reminders in the thread that seemed worth reiterating.
Oh I see. Thought it was about my post... Because it was difficult to translate, since it didn't seem to flow so well the way it was written.

Eu sou Perfeito

Post by Eu sou Perfeito » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:20 pm

Mireya wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:39 pm

That translation wasn't off as it was verified with a friend who's Japanese fluent. It wasn't a translation made by DeepL or machine. If there was anything lacking accuracy, you could point out.
Could you tell me the correct translation of this phrase from Goku into english?

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:00 pm

Eu sou Perfeito wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:36 pm What is the correct translation of this?:

Goku is basically saying he gives up. The 2nd sentence, with the さすがに gives more of an emphasis to the feel of defeat, which was when he ran out of power as SSJ3 fighting kid Boo, right?

Eu sou Perfeito

Post by Eu sou Perfeito » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:04 pm

Mireya wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:00 pm
Eu sou Perfeito wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:36 pm What is the correct translation of this?:

Goku is basically saying he gives up. The 2nd sentence, with the さすがに gives more of an emphasis to the feel of defeat, which was when he ran out of power as SSJ3 fighting kid Boo, right?
Possibly yes.

Eu sou Perfeito

Post by Eu sou Perfeito » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:58 pm

Anyone influential in Japanese could offer me the correct translation?
https://we.tl/t-5k0smDidJb