Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:41 pm

Basaku wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:53 pm Maybe one day in post-EOZ content. The old&experienced-warrior role/narrative in DB is sorely underutilized, actually surprising for a fighting story
Yeah, they really only used it in the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai arc.

I guess they kinda sorta did it in Boo arc but then they circled back to "God the new generation sucks, we have to fix everything" (and obviously " millennials suck here comes gen x to fix it" wasn't intentional given Toriyama's original plan but it is a pretty obvious read with the end result)
BTW you're on YT right?
As a guy posting comments? Yes. As a content creator? No
Last edited by MasenkoHA on Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:59 pm

Honestly, this strain of thought combined with the recent comic arc really makes me want to see the Twenty-Eighth Tenka-ichi redone as a tournament from the POV of Goten, Trunks, Pan and Uub in a similar vain to how we had an 'old generation v. new generation' during the Twenty-Second Tenka-ichi.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:34 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:59 pm Honestly, this strain of thought combined with the recent comic arc really makes me want to see the Twenty-Eighth Tenka-ichi redone as a tournament from the POV of Goten, Trunks, Pan and Uub in a similar vain to how we had an 'old generation v. new generation' during the Twenty-Second Tenka-ichi.
Ooooooh, never knew I wanted that until now. That would be cool.

After Goku and Uub flies off, they still somehow continue the tournament. Focusing on Trunks, Goten, Pan and Buu fair with each other.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy