"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:37 am

sangofe wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:55 am
Rinsankajugin wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:45 pm PART 2, it's a lot...

Movies and Specials
Dragon Ball GT
Dragon Ball Games
Other Toriyama Works
I hope Rild was in your part 1 for DBGT...
I'd take Mutchi Motchi and his whip over the Para bros. Hell, I want all of them.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:08 am

The graphics don't look bad but the game is lacking some of the attention to detail of the originals. I hope they fix the auras. The flow-y loose auras work for the God forms but the standard Super Saiyans need the old spiky intense auras. The BT games mimicked the anime almost perfectly with them.

The hair, too. It stays the same colour on and off aura. Super Saiyan hair should become desaturated when the aura is powered off. SS Goku (mid)'s hair looks off, too. It doesn't look like Namek hair, just looks like the standard Cell/Boo arc hair with less lines and detail. The Namek hair is noticeably longer with thicker bangs. Again both BT and RB got this right too.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:30 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:45 pm PART 2, it's a lot...

Movies and Specials
Dragon Ball GT
Dragon Ball Games
Other Toriyama Works
Huge fan of the "Dragon Ball Games" part :D

Is there a Bandai email where you can send suggestions or anything else?
I read in recent days that they take Twitter and the emails that fans send into consideration.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:57 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:55 am I hope Rild was in your part 1 for DBGT...
Damnit, I had a feeling I forgot someone, but I wrote down so many names that it slipped my mind. Probably would've added Sigma as well.
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:37 am I'd take Mutchi Motchi and his whip over the Para bros. Hell, I want all of them.
Oh yeah, forgot about Mutchy too, he'd have a fun moveset!
Gt91 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:30 pm Huge fan of the "Dragon Ball Games" part :D

Is there a Bandai email where you can send suggestions or anything else?
I read in recent days that they take Twitter and the emails that fans send into consideration.
Glad ya did, I went in deep for that section! As for email, I remember the recent interview said something about emailing Bamco, but I don't think it mentioned a specific email. Maybe Spike themselves has an email?

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:40 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:05 pm Honestly speaking, if and when they do cuts to the BT3 roster, I'm pretty sure they'll them back in eventually. The devs know we've been waiting for a game like this for over a decade. My only wonder is HOW the DLC is going to be planned out. Personally, I don't think they're going to release one character at a time like other games, because Tenkaichi counts transformations as their own characters, and a LOT of characters have transformations.
Thinking of it, if we get every character from BT3 back, then would that mean Raditz and Nappa would have Oozaru as default, or would it be sold separately?

Assuming they're not selling transformations separately, then it'd mean a few Oozarus will be base roster alongside whatever saiyan is there... Raditz and Nappa are basically guaranteed because saiyan saga, King Vegeta and Selipa are not, and Turles is likely to make it in.

Wonder if they'll add two Bardocks, the original and Minus', and each with their own Oozaru too :lol:
Rinsankajugin wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:39 pm Kid Gohan (Base, Oozaru)
Honestly, I'll say that giving saiyan saga Gohan an Oozaru is worthless, he looks identical to Goku and so the exact same rampages...
Mr. Satan (Base, Super)
What is even the difference here?
Super Frieza (1st, Final, Golden, Black)
If the Japanese name is any hint he'll default to the final form.
Botamo
Magetta
It's criminal you forgot their "fusion" from ToP's anime :lol:
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:20 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:40 pm Thinking of it, if we get every character from BT3 back, then would that mean Raditz and Nappa would have Oozaru as default, or would it be sold separately?

Assuming they're not selling transformations separately, then it'd mean a few Oozarus will be base roster alongside whatever saiyan is there... Raditz and Nappa are basically guaranteed because saiyan saga, King Vegeta and Selipa are not, and Turles is likely to make it in.

Wonder if they'll add two Bardocks, the original and Minus', and each with their own Oozaru too :lol:

If Raditz, Nappa, and the other Saiyans don't have their Oozaru forms back, I could probably see them making some sort of Oozaru DLC pack. They could probably even reference Xenoverse and call the DLC the "Great Ape Festival".
Honestly, I'll say that giving saiyan saga Gohan an Oozaru is worthless, he looks identical to Goku and so the exact same rampages...
Yeah, that is true. If I remember correctly, Tenkaichi 3 just used Oozaru Kid Goku in place of Kid Gohan for his fight with Piccolo.
What is even the difference here?
When I mean 'Super Satan', I specifically mean the Super Satan who fought Beavis (Who SHOULD be an alt costume for Beerus, also Mascot Monaka).
If the Japanese name is any hint he'll default to the final form.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Despite the form appearing in Resurrection F, he never really fought in 1st Form during that movie, did he?
It's criminal you forgot their "fusion" from ToP's anime :lol:
I personally feel like Botamagetta should be their team ultimate, if Spike ever plans on bringing back team ultimates from Raging Blast 2.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:39 am

Considering they reintroduced the giants, I would see it as a waste to limit them to a minimum. That's why I hope they put in quite a few.
For example, if they put all the members of Bardock's team I expect the Oozaru form for all of them.
After all, the Oozaru are copy-and-paste characters, so they shouldn't have much trouble inserting them.

Obviously if I had to choose between these and super saiyan versions of Turles, Toma etc, I would choose the latter. Giants are interesting to have though. I just hope they made them more playable and less cumbersome.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:25 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:20 pm Yeah, that is true. If I remember correctly, Tenkaichi 3 just used Oozaru Kid Goku in place of Kid Gohan for his fight with Piccolo.
Dunno about BT3, but BT2 did that for sure.
When I mean 'Super Satan', I specifically mean the Super Satan who fought Beavis (Who SHOULD be an alt costume for Beerus, also Mascot Monaka).
I really don't remember that...
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Despite the form appearing in Resurrection F, he never really fought in 1st Form during that movie, did he?
All he did was shoot that piercing ki blast of his that destroyed a city, and punched Gohan so hard his heart stopped beating (Or something like that).
I personally feel like Botamagetta should be their team ultimate, if Spike ever plans on bringing back team ultimates from Raging Blast 2.
I see, honestly though I think they'd just be fun as a joke "fusion" character.
Gt91 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:39 am After all, the Oozaru are copy-and-paste characters, so they shouldn't have much trouble inserting them.
Honestly, it's because of their copy and paste nature that I feel they shouldn't add too many Oozarus...
Obviously if I had to choose between these and super saiyan versions of Turles, Toma etc, I would choose the latter. Giants are interesting to have though. I just hope they made them more playable and less cumbersome.
They should take notes from Golden Oozaru Baby. In BT3's tier lists he's always considered the best giant, sometimes the only good one too.

And it's not "best" as in "The least bad one", he's either among the top tier or near them, and is actually the strongest form Baby had too, so giants can actually work as characters.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:23 pm

This is Super Satan. As you can tell by the render, he's in Xenoverse 2:

As for giants, the main thing hold them back is that most of them pretty much had the same moveset, with some combination of rock throw, mouth beam, and mouth volley. If they were more unique like Super Baby, then that would mitigate them being roster filler. If I remember correctly, Oozaru Fasha was one of the only Oozarus with a rush attack.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:45 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:25 am
Gt91 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:39 am After all, the Oozaru are copy-and-paste characters, so they shouldn't have much trouble inserting them.
Honestly, it's because of their copy and paste nature that I feel they shouldn't add too many Oozarus...
They should take notes from Golden Oozaru Baby. In BT3's tier lists he's always considered the best giant, sometimes the only good one too.

And it's not "best" as in "The least bad one", he's either among the top tier or near them, and is actually the strongest form Baby had too, so giants can actually work as characters.

Yes, not all but at least the most important ones with exclusive moves and stuff.
I have been waiting for a golden ape for centuries.

As I said, I would prefer characters like evil saiyan Turles, ss3 Raditz, ssj Toma etc

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:44 pm

Yuji wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:08 am The graphics don't look bad but the game is lacking some of the attention to detail of the originals. I hope they fix the auras. The flow-y loose auras work for the God forms but the standard Super Saiyans need the old spiky intense auras.
It's of my personal belief that Xenoverse 2 modders did auras better than these guys. In order to prove this point, let's use the auras made by Deez Mods Only as an example. The following images are a mixture of 3 of his aura mods for the game.

So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:44 am

Maximum respect for the work of the modders, but the auras of Sparking Zero, from my point of view, are really well done.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:27 pm

That looks way over the top and distracting. What they have showed can be improved sure, but I like it

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:27 pm

We talk a lot about characters, but some stages we haven't seen yet are predictable too, for story purposes if they really go through at least Z and Super:

- The snowy mountains given how they insist on the Broly movie incarnations thus far (though they could skip it by making them fight in the lava landscape directly like they do in the trailer...).
- The Cell Games and Kaio Shin World for the final battles of entire Z arcs.
- The unnamed planet and the Tournament of Power for the final battles of the Hit and ToP arcs.
- The destroyed city, for Trunks' alternate future against the cyborgs, the Zamasu arc and possibly several Z movies.
- A Tenkaichi Budokai arena mostly for a tournament mode (it could easily be skipped in the story mode, so it wouldn't be an incentive for them to include it).

The rest of the stages we haven't seen are still up in the air since a rocky area (already shown) and a grassland area can cover a lot of story battles on their own.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:47 pm

While I don't see it happening, I do hope every stage from every past Tenkaichi game (and even Raging Blast) make a return for Sparking Zero. As a reminder, these are all the stages:
  • Planet Vegeta (Night/Evening)
  • Outer Space (Planet Vegeta)
  • World Tournament Stage (Noon/Evening)
  • Rocky Area (Noon/Evening/Night)
  • Wasteland (Noon/Evening/Night)
  • City Ruins (Noon/Evening/Night)
  • Mountain Road (Noon/Evening)
  • Islands
  • Glacier
  • Cell Games Arena (Noon/Evening)
  • Desert (Noon/Evening/Night)
  • King Furry's Castle
  • Muscle Tower
  • Kame House
  • Penguin Village
  • Mount Paozu
  • Ruined Earth
  • Dying Namek
  • Planet Namek
  • Hell
  • Supreme Kai's World
  • Hyperbolic Time Chamber
  • Kami's Lookout
  • Cave
  • Dark Planet
  • Big Gete Star
And for stages that haven't been in the Tenkaichi series yet:
  • Planet Plant
  • King Vegeta's Castle (Evening/Night)
  • Frypan Mountain
  • Pilaf's Castle
  • World Tournament Stage (OG) (Noon/Evening)
  • Red Ribbon Army Base (OG)
  • Fortuneteller Baba's Palace
  • Pilaf's Flying Base
  • King Kai's Planet
  • Tree of Might
  • Capsule Corp (Noon/Evening/Night)
  • Otherworld Arena
  • Natade Village
  • Planet Tuffle
  • Open Field
  • Outer Space (Earth)
  • Nameless Planet Arena
  • Ruined Future
  • Forest Cottage
  • Preliminary Arena
  • Tournament of Power Arena
  • Red Ribbon Army Base (DBS) (Noon/Evening)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 pm

From a dev/engine POV, is it that unlikely to get Noon/Evening/Night variations of the same stage?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:53 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 pm From a dev/engine POV, is it that unlikely to get Noon/Evening/Night variations of the same stage?
Not really, it should be pretty easy actually. It's just different skyboxes, just swap them out for different aesthetics. Also, I forgot that the ToP arena technically had 5 different versions:
  • Black Void
  • Ruined/Black Void
  • Ruined/Green Void
  • Ruined/Purple Void
  • Destroyed/Purple Void.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:22 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 pm From a dev/engine POV, is it that unlikely to get Noon/Evening/Night variations of the same stage?
I'm a web developer but I also have some knowledge in game design.

As Rinsanka Jugin stated, they don't have to make every variation from scratch, they just have to clone the map's file, change the skybox and then add a trigger script for the Ozaru transformation in the night variation.

Also, I'd like to add, that while Unreal Engine may have its own issues, is more powerful and capable than the one used for the previous installments in the Tenkaichi saga. It's not like this game is being developed on Godot or Click TeamFusion.

So, don't worry, as long they have the right docummentation and people, features that we've seen from the previous three games are likely to be in Zero as well.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:06 pm

They'd have to change the global lighting in addition to the skybox, so that the whole area doesn't seem to receive the light of a bright day when the sky is actually dark and filled with stars. But it's something that is likely quick to do, just modifying a few sliders for the lighting settings to make it a bit darker and more bluish.

But keep it mind: it would have been just as easy to do in all previous Dragon Ball games including Xenoverse 2 and Fighterz, and yet they didn't include night versions of stages even though it's something that would be extremely fast to do. So it's not because it's fast and easy to do that they'll do it (strangely enough, when it's a given way to increase the content with minimal cost/time/efforts/data size).

However, the pictures published so far might show at least a "dark clouds" variation of the rocky field (see the pictures for Mister Satan, C-17, Trunks or Bergamo on the official page: https://dbsz.bn-ent.net/character/).
Last edited by Cold Skin on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:16 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:06 pm They'd have to change the global lighting in addition to the skybox, so that the whole area doesn't seem to receive the light of a bright day when the sky is actually dark and filled with stars. But it's something that is likely quick to do, just modifying a few sliders for the lighting settings to make it a bit darker and more bluish.

But keep it mind: it would have been just as easy to do in all previous Dragon Ball games including Xenoverse 2 and Fighterz, and yet they didn't include night versions of stages even though it's something that would be extremely fast to do. So it's not because it's fast and easy to do that they'll do it (strangely enough, when it's a given way to increase the content with minimal cost/time/efforts/date size).
To be fair, Arcsys doesn't usually do clone stages like that. In fact, the only traditional fighter with clone stages I can think of is probably Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. As for Xenoverse 2, that game technically does have a couple of clone stages.
  • Mountains (Day/Night)
  • Space (Planet Vegeta/Earth)
  • West City (Suburbs/Ruins)
  • Archipelago/Beach
I think even the Sky and Tree of Might stages could also count since both are just open, empty skyboxes.