Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 102 - Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vectur123

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 102 - Official Discussion Thread

Post by Vectur123 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:14 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:00 pm More Fat Gotenks. You're a true comedy genius, Akira.
If only they used the anorexic Gotenks or made the fusion dance during the action, like, they did the fusion correctly multiple times, why it's that hard now?

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:58 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:00 pm More Fat Gotenks. You're a true comedy genius, Akira.
You meant Toyotarou? Because Toriyama, from what it looks like, has nothing to do with this post Super Hero bits. He probably dropped the manga years ago, making only some designs for it.

I guess the manga is now partly "canon". :lol:
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:19 am

Goten and Trunks are in serious need of some hard training. It is not possible that after so many years they can become simple ssj. Not to mention the fact that they don't know how to do a decent fusion anymore. I understand the "comedy" side, but it's time to change things.
I don't think having them come to Beerus' planet is a coincidence. I hope it's the start of training for all the various fighters.

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:56 am

Saw this on instagram today, perhaps the best news to come

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:04 am

What reports? Who's saying this? What credibility do they have?

Images edited together with text does not inherently make something real.

This also has nothing to do with the forthcoming chapter 102 of the Dragon Ball Super manga. Please don't believe (and repost) every attention-grabbing piece you see on random social media profiles!

A couple additional reminders:

Piracy is frowned upon -- this release receives a literal-day-and-date simultaneous release worldwide with its Japanese publication (and the English translation is free!). Do not feed the criminals.

If you want to discuss material outside the context of the individual chapter this specific thread is for, you are welcome to create a new thread elsewhere!

Try to hold back on hyperbolic speculation and projection for production flows you don't actually have the background on!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:29 pm

Also, while I admit I've never heard of this guy, it's hard to imagine a writer for DC working on a Dragon Ball project being good news in any way :D

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:22 pm

capsulecorp wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:29 pm Also, while I admit I've never heard of this guy, it's hard to imagine a writer for DC working on a Dragon Ball project being good news in any way :D
Scott Snyder really likes wacky, convoluted, comic book bullshit, to the point that Dark Nights Metal had Batman riding a flying snake-Joker, or, something like that... So I don't think he'd be a fit to write DB.

Specially if he made a character like Batman Who Laughs...

Oh well, I find it hard to believe Shueisha would call him to write a DB comic, so this seems like just some random joke.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:45 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:22 pm Batman riding a flying snake-Joker

A perfect fit!

ok, sorry for the digression, back to waiting for 102.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:57 pm

Dragmobot12 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:56 am Saw this on instagram today, perhaps the best news to come
Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:59 pm

Funny thing someone else pointed out, Vegeta could solve the fat Gotenks issue.

This also makes me think that, spirit fission could be used on a fusion to undo itself.

Edit:
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:57 pm Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?
Hah, haven't heard this one before :lol:.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:55 pm

Gashaponista wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:23 pm
Toriyama is focused on Sandland and Daima, he has no idea that the manga is still running.
Everything you can enjoy in these pages is pure genius from Toyo and Uchida.
I doubt this heavily, Toriyama not being involved in the DBS manga right.
Last edited by Miracles on Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alkiser » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:58 pm

Miracles wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:55 pm
Toriyama is focused on Sandland and Daima, he has no idea that the manga is still running.
I doubt this heavily, Toriyama is not involved in the DBS manga right now.
Literally Toyotaro in a recent interview from January says that Toriyama is heavily involved in the manga while revealing the process of its creation.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:00 pm

Alkiser wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:58 pm
Miracles wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:55 pm

I doubt this heavily, Toriyama is not involved in the DBS manga right now.
Literally Toyotaro in a recent interview from January says that Toriyama is heavily involved in the manga while revealing the process of its creation.
Exactly. I agree with that.

I edited my post showing I doubted Toriyama not being involved with the manga. Which is my stance.

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:17 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:22 pm
capsulecorp wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:29 pm Also, while I admit I've never heard of this guy, it's hard to imagine a writer for DC working on a Dragon Ball project being good news in any way :D
Scott Snyder really likes wacky, convoluted, comic book bullshit, to the point that Dark Nights Metal had Batman riding a flying snake-Joker, or, something like that... So I don't think he'd be a fit to write DB.

Specially if he made a character like Batman Who Laughs...

Oh well, I find it hard to believe Shueisha would call him to write a DB comic, so this seems like just some random joke.
That's the reason why I posted it, because it's wacky but imagining the artwork, specifically when you're exploring the demon world of Dragon Ball, it could work 100%.
Oh, and by the way, didn't they promise us comic books of Dragon Ball a few years back, I remember I saw something on the official website pointing this out. If anyone is willing to look it up to remind me, I'll be glad.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:36 pm

Again, this thread is for the discussion of Dragon Ball Super manga chapter 102 — that’s it! Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:24 am

Lukmendes wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:59 pm Funny thing someone else pointed out, Vegeta could solve the fat Gotenks issue.

This also makes me think that, spirit fission could be used on a fusion to undo itself.

Edit:
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:57 pm Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?
Hah, haven't heard this one before :lol:.
True with Vegeta spirit fission, that will help Goten and Trunks with their fusion when they mess up.
I really do hope that they power up, their last known training was in the Boo Saga when they were in the ROSAT. After that it is unknown what training they did.

We do know that they were grounded for half a year, so no training and combat.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:47 pm

Among the spoilers there is a very interesting part

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:56 pm

Trouser wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:58 am
You meant Toyotarou? Because Toriyama, from what it looks like, has nothing to do with this post Super Hero bits. He probably dropped the manga years ago, making only some designs for it.

I guess the manga is now partly "canon". :lol:
Nothing has changed with how the manga is made, why are you all making things up?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:41 pm

One thing I find interesting about this chapter is that this is the first time since Battle of Gods that 6 Saiyans from Universe #7 have reunited. Now anyone of them could perform the Super Saiyan God ritual if they want.

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:12 pm

Can we discuss Gohan's Beast form further? In my opinion, this form may have some side effects.
We do not know the exact origin of this form. Does it come from his Saiyan heritage or is it an evolution from his Mystic form? If it is a power unlocked by the Elder Kai, why doesn't he have god ki?

In my opinion, this form is in its early stages of development. It has the potential to progress like a virus. However, there is a concern that this form may turn Gohan into a savage beast, similar to a werewolf.

Perhaps this form originates from an unknown Saiyan lineage that was lost long ago. I even had a headcanon recently, that there were Albino Saiyans that lived in a different habitat a much savage one, like we have here on Earth, people living in cold regions that have a much different body durability that the people that live in warm areas.

This beast could be considered an original or a more savage version of the Original Super Saiyan that probably originates from a different Saiyan tribe, could you imagine that?

However, this form remains a mystery and may hold important information about the Saiyan race. What if this form is the key to bringing Super Saiyan 4 into the main story?

Image Image