Most Difficult Fights?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Most Difficult Fights?

Post by Almighty Majin » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:07 pm

There are various examples of difficult fights in Dragon Ball games whether they are in the story modes or special challenge modes. Some examples of these fights would be:
Power-Weighted Perfect Cell (Budokai 1)
Kid Buu (Budokai 2)
Syn Shenron (Infinite World)
Super Saiyan Goku (Supersonic Warriors 2)

What do you think are some of the most difficult fights in DB games?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Most Difficult Fights?

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:47 am

Not difficult per se but trying to unlock Super Saiyan 4 Goku in Dragon Ball Final Bout was a bit challenging, I always needed Vegetto to get a chance. You have to win the fight taking only one or two hits so that your victory scene is that one where the camera zooms in on the character. More often than not I kept getting hit more than that so I always found it a bit difficult to pull off, most of the times I got it was out of luck. But the reward was very satisfying because unlocking Super Saiyan 4 Goku this way changed the credits, it was pretty cool.

Other than that, I don't remember having problems with the Dragon Ball games. Expect maybe for a Parallel Quest from Xenoverse 2, the one which you fight Jiren, Ultra Instinct Goku and Fu at the end. To this day I still can only complete it online, I can't do that one by myself.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:59 am

I remember all the Kid Boo fights in the games from the PS2/PS3 generation were difficult because Spike and Dimps always gave him both ridiculous power and speed with several health bars.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:14 am

XV2 SSB Goku is extremely difficult. He has a lot of stamina, ki, and his reactions are insane.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:19 am

I still have nightmares of the Kid Boo fight in Tenkaichi 2. The blasted thing had a lot of health and kept spamming the ball rush attack that tracked you from everywhere and did major damage.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:35 pm

Perfect Cell from Super Butouden 1, not sure if counts, but Broly in DBZ Mugen 2 was extremely difficult as well.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Gridlock

Post by Gridlock » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 am

Budoaki 3, anything on Z3 difficulty level. I obtained it playing Yamsha, because his campaing was the shortest. Still took dozens of tries to beat.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:21 pm

Many talk about Kid Buu in Tenkaichi 3 (or other games) but there is one guy in Tenkaichi 3 that was harder than him to me and that's Super 17. It gets easier once you turn SSJ4 but on harder difficulty i very often struggled to even reach that point cause i got killed as SSJ Goku before that prompt appeared. Kid Buu was hard, but you could at least spam ki attacks against him. Super 17 can absorb and nullify ki attacks + doesn't have to charge ki so he will be constantly attacking you.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:53 pm

vs Kid Buu in Budokai 2

the normal enemies in Legend of Goku lol

the Ultimate Finish fights in most Xenoverse 2 DLC parallel quests

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:17 pm

Gridlock wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 am Budoaki 3, anything on Z3 difficulty level. I obtained it playing Yamsha, because his campaing was the shortest. Still took dozens of tries to beat.
I remember thinking Syn was the hardest character of all to deal with in Budokai 3's Z3, it's to the point that I used to give up and put him "only" in Z3, but the other difficulty in "Very weak", which made him remarkably easy to kill by just spamming Big Bang Kamehameha with Gogeta SS4.

Although once you learn how to use manage your ki, and combo cancels, he (And the rest of the game) becomes a lot more manageable, I even managed to start at level 0 playthrough in Z3 and beat the game doing Syn's route, though, I grinded a bit against Tien and Saibamen to get some levels, otherwise Raditz would take forever to beat...

Funny thing is, if you're hardcore enough, you can beat the whole game in Z3 starting at level 0 without really grinding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrUNylRDSQc

It is hell to do it though...

At the very least, you can use broken capsules like Heart Virus and Meditation to get an advantage early on against enemies too strong... Or do it for the whole run if you want to cheese lol.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:53 pm

I found Budokai 2 Kid Buu insanely hard as a kid, although I now find him easy as I can do cancel combos for much higher damage. As a kid I had to resort to constantly running away to get healed by Dende, and wearing him down slowly.

I remember the Vegeta vs Kid Buu fight in BT1 being tough too, as you had to survive for 2 minutes when his stats were way higher than yours. What is it about Kid Buu that makes them always want to make him a tough bastard? Even in FighterZ he's hell to fight against.

Another fight is Omega Shenron on Z3 mode in Budokai 3. The Fusion only lasts a few seconds, after which you revert to base form for the rest of the fight. His Base Ki is 7 bars while yours is only 3, so he'll teleport behind you constantly and bust out full combos.

I remember having trouble beating Goku with Bardock in Burst Limit on the higher difficulty. He'd counter everything and do full cancel combos, and you were forced to watch the annoying drama pieces every time.