Episode #0509 (25 February 2024)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0509 (25 February 2024)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:33 am

Episode #0509 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (Spotify version) (YouTube version) (SoundCloud version)
1:15:43; 128 kbps, mono; 69.5 MB

Episode #0509! Mike, Ken, and Randy return once again to "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" to review its sixth paid downloadable content pack, this time covering the 28th Tenka'ichi Budōkai... and beyond! For once in this franchise's storied history, we finally hit "End of Z" in another medium... but what does this time period hold for us in terms of gameplay and storytelling, and what does "Kakarot" offer us here in a now-seemingly-complete package?

REFERENCED SITES: Enjoy!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LettuceJUMP
Beyond Newbie

Re: Episode #0509 (25 February 2024)

Post by LettuceJUMP » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:49 pm

I love all of your coverage of the games - SPECIFICALLY Dragon Ball Kakarot. These podcasts I listen at 1x speed because I never want it to end. I enjoy the random podcast about different dbz lore, but this is the best. I love this game, and love hearing your opinions on this game- good and bad. I host a video game podcast and try to talk about it but not many people want to hear me talk about Kakarot so I do it very sparingly. Hope you continue your content of the games, the manga, super, the new kids show coming out (whats it called again) and everything else dragon ball. Thanks guys!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Episode #0509 (25 February 2024)

Post by Grimlock » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:25 pm

Got the time to listen to it and I didn't expect to be indirectly mentioned. :shock:

At around 49:05, VegettoEX says he saw someone trying to justify the five years with the Bra thing while saying it doesn't work. I mean... Yeah, it does!?

Goku did see Bra in the Universe Survival saga, in fact, he witnessed her birth. Now, we know that saga is in AGE 780 and the series ends in AGE 784. It's not full five years, but it still works. Rounding up or down numbers shouldn't be that uncommon, unheard of. And in a lot of cases, like this one, we have to assume it happened if we don't want to be so nitpicky, so inflexible about it. If we can fix something, why don't we fix it? "Four years and X months" still works completely fine within the "we haven't seen each other in five years" line. It's not exactly five years, but it's still very close to it. There's no need or reason to see this as an unavoidable problem, for now at least.

Even if we don't count Dragon Ball Super, just like the DLC, it still wouldn't be that off if they have met each other for the last time in AGE 780. But that would be me still preferring to find a way to solve something...

I will leave with a related note: what do you do with the fact that Pan, born in AGE 779, is stated to be four years old during the tournament? Just see it as an incorrigible mistake or come up with an easy solution?

Anyway, great review. I guess it's unanimous that the Trunks DLC is the best thing we got. It, for better or worse, set the quality we expect to see in future DLCs. Even if the level of that quality is too damn high for them, or any other developer for that matter, to achieve again. I'd argue the closest was the Fu DLC for Xenoverse 2. A great character along with a great content all around.