Dragon Ball broadcast on Adult Swim + Toonami LatAm channel.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gingka Vegeta

Re: Adult Swim + Toonami LATAM channel announced - Possibility of DB airing there.

Post by Gingka Vegeta » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:27 am

It is the same version that aired on Warner Channel, the bad thing is that unlike HBO Max they cut the previews and some of the extra scenes from episode 27. And as a curiosity, episode 22 that VIZ Media had in Latin was damaged (this could be checked on Crunchyroll and Pluto TV), so for this new version they patched part of the audio with the Brazilian dub.

Another problem is that on Warner Channel, Adult Swim and HBO Max there are some episodes that are reversed completely ruining the order and follow-through of the plot.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Adult Swim + Toonami LATAM channel announced - Possibility of DB airing there.

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:32 pm

My 7 year old niece loves Adult Swim more than she ever did any other channel. Thanks to the law forcing South American channels to not go against the "Horario de Proteccion al menor" (child protection schedule which means Adult Swim cant actually air anything adult) law so she gets to toon out to DBZ, Batman and other cartoons. The best part is that the cartoons are mostly uncut and show full openings and endings.

I really hope she doesnt watch Naruto. That's more sexual and risky and I warned by bro about it.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:47 pm

Gingka Vegeta wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:16 am
Tian wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:03 am
Gingka Vegeta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:49 am With the bad news that Warner Channel has already released a commercial for the new Wanimé and both Dragon Ball Z and Saint Seiya will be aired with their horrible "HD" versions instead of the Cloverway originals seen on Cartoon Network's defunct Toonami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmakem1s4jM
This means that the upcoming Adult Swim channel will air those crappy masters edited in Windows Movie Maker too. That sucks.
The worst part is that this is the first time that this version will be broadcasted on cable at a pan-regional level with pirated audio from the Internet, a tremendous shame.
I agree that is a shame but the fact that dragon ball z is still running after so many years is definetely good for the franchise.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:04 pm

The promos said "Toonami will come when we finish airing the Freeza saga...soon-ish". So I think they will rerun the eps a lot then.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

aleksandrored

Post by aleksandrored » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:52 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:04 pm The promos said "Toonami will come when we finish airing the Freeza saga...soon-ish". So I think they will rerun the eps a lot then.
In 2018, they started showing DBZ and Saint Seiya on a TV channel and used this same strategy of repeating episodes, the claim at the time was that they wanted to do it the old way, not show everything at once.
They just forget that in the past there were reruns because either the series didn't have new episodes, or it was shown in full and then it was rerun. This strategy of theirs makes no sense. With DBZ Kai we didn't have any of that when it aired at Warner in 2021. I don't understand their logic.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:12 pm

A part of me thinks they are doing this because they want the channel to flop. They want to say "See weaboos? We tried! NOW SHUT UP!" But I think the channel is doing well, even with no advertisers my lil niece LOVES the channel.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:12 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:12 pm A part of me thinks they are doing this because they want the channel to flop. They want to say "See weaboos? We tried! NOW SHUT UP!" But I think the channel is doing well, even with no advertisers my lil niece LOVES the channel.
Since I currently don't have the channel (kinda ironic that me, the guy who started the topic, ended up without the channel), I wasn't aware of that (yeah, Movistar TV sucks). Thank you for mentioning that.

Well, as far as I know, channels without any kind of commercial advertising tend to fail. I know people don't tune the channel for those random cookware ads but without the income from those ads, the channel may face tough times.

Now for the rerun thing, I agree that it's kinda stupid they are re-running the sagas once they finish airing them. It's not like they have to wait for the next dubbed batch of episodes to come because the thing is already fully dubbed.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:22 pm

I know! Its INSANE! They dont even wait for episode 52 (They do for Naruto but not for DBZ) they just keep reruning 1-35 TO DEATH. There is no sane reason to do this. To be fair even RICK AND MORTY get this treatment, but it doesnt give much hope for the channel. I am still loving it to death so I'll enjoy it as much as I can.

And Warner Channel has a way more generous helping of episodes anyway.

aleksandrored

Post by aleksandrored » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:56 pm

This reminds me when Toonami returned on CN in 2020, they showed the block in the worst possible way and at a terrible time. It seems like they did it to not work.

I hope they improve AS, the channel has potential, but if it continues with DBZ reruns (and at a terrible time) I don't think it will go forward.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:01 pm

aleksandrored wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:56 pm This reminds me when Toonami returned on CN in 2020, they showed the block in the worst possible way and at a terrible time. It seems like they did it to not work.
True. It felt like they just aired the block in order to fullfill their agreement with Crunchyroll rather than trying to appeal older audiences.

aleksandrored

Post by aleksandrored » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:06 pm

Tian wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:01 pm
aleksandrored wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:56 pm This reminds me when Toonami returned on CN in 2020, they showed the block in the worst possible way and at a terrible time. It seems like they did it to not work.
True. It felt like they just aired the block in order to fullfill their agreement with Crunchyroll rather than trying to appeal older audiences.
They even made a post on Facebook at the time, something like: "People who like anime, we haven't forgotten about you". Even worse was that in a matter of months the block was already dead, there was no news and they were just replaying the same 5 or 6 animes.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:24 pm

aleksandrored wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:06 pm They even made a post on Facebook at the time, something like: "People who like anime, we haven't forgotten about you". Even worse was that in a matter of months the block was already dead, there was no news and they were just replaying the same 5 or 6 animes.
Yeah, they were like "Okay, we promoted your stuff (Crunchyroll). Can we neglect the block now?".

They better don't screw it again for the block's third attempt.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:37 am

To be fair its not like DBZ is being screwed entirely, it is STILL airing on the way more mainstream Warner Channel. AND that channel is about to finish the Freeza saga.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:10 pm

I should've posted this a week ago but I finally got the channel.

I moved out and I had to change internet and TV provider since Movistar isn't available in my new area , so I suscribed to this another one called Flow, which fortunately has the channel.

Been watching Z and even though it sucks they're using the same crappy masters as Warner Channel, I'm glad to finally watch it on AS. Also, Space Ghost Coast to Coast is there too. So, double win for me.

So, the AS airing is currently at episodes 137 / 138, while Warner channel is ten episodes ahead.

KingVegetto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KingVegetto » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:14 pm

I'm hoping this means the Ultimate Uncut versions of the episodes will get aired as there's a few of them still missing.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:57 pm

Buu Saga will start airing on April 5th.

I hope they air the movies and specials after they're done with airing Z.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball broadcast on Adult Swim + Toonami LatAm channel.

Post by sangofe » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:29 am

Tian wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:39 pm Today, it's been announced that Warner Bros Discovery will launch a 24/7 Adult Swim TV channel in Latin America, and not only that, a Toonami block will air in the channel as well:

Adult Swim

Toonami

The Dragon Ball franchise is currently airing on Warner Channel in Latin America but now there's the possibility that anime aired on the channel may be moved to the new AS channel and Toonami block.
April Fools?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:09 am

sangofe wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:29 am
Tian wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:39 pm Today, it's been announced that Warner Bros Discovery will launch a 24/7 Adult Swim TV channel in Latin America, and not only that, a Toonami block will air in the channel as well:

Adult Swim

Toonami

The Dragon Ball franchise is currently airing on Warner Channel in Latin America but now there's the possibility that anime aired on the channel may be moved to the new AS channel and Toonami block.
April Fools?
No, it isn't. That post is from August 2023 and the channel has already been launched.

Besides, here in Argentina and other Latin American countries, we don't celebrate April Fools. The closest equivalent we have is Día de los Inocentes (Naive Day) that we celebrate on December 28th.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:37 pm

I dont blame sangofe for not being a believer. If one told me Adult Swim would come to Latin America, Air Z so much it might as well run 24/7 and running to the Buu Saga in a matter of MONTHS, I would have told them. "HA! Like that will EVER HAPPEN!"