Dragon Ball Z Kai: Faulconer Edition - Available Now!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShenronsEyes

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Faulconer Edition - Available Now!

Post by ShenronsEyes » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:40 am

Hi Dragon Ball Fans!

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Faulconer Edition Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPOXiUkJWI

More Samples On Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BruceFaulconer/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My name is ShenronsEyes, known elsewhere as JC Dragon Ball. I am a Canadian music editor specializing in film & television. I am responsible for the 2024 Dragon Ball Z Kai: Faulconer Edition edit, as well as the 2021 Dragon Ball Super: Faulconer Edition edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... faulconer/

Which was also posted here 3 years ago when initially released (it's nice to be back!): viewtopic.php?p=1719390#p1719390

The Dragon Ball Z Kai: Faulconer Edition edit is an edit of the entire anime series Dragon Ball Z Kai, replacing the original Japanese musical score with carefully sourced FLAC files of the remastered Bruce Faulconer score used in the North American broadcast television dub of Dragon Ball Z in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Using software, I've extracted only the SFX and dialogue from Kai (I did not replace any dialogue as it would be too technically difficult, all dialogue is as it is in the original version) and completely removed the original score. Layered with the remastered Faulconer tracks and then mixed back in with remuxed Blu-Ray quality visuals, this gives the entire show a professional and native sound, look and feel as if mixed by the studios themselves!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Due to high demand, I am now going to do a condensed contrast-and-compare between my Kai: Faulconer Edition and the 2017 Diccolo420 project. As someone who has made the same editing journey as him, and knows the difficulty, I want to make it clear that I have the utmost respect for him and his work and the level of effort he put into it. I know, as I have now done the same. I initially avoided doing this as I dislike the idea of putting us head-to-head in any way, it goes against the spirit of things I feel.

I went out of my way from Super's initial 2021 release until now purposefully avoiding comparing our work because I don't think anything good or healthy can come out of it. I unfortunately however, have over 1000 emails and growing along with comments and messages on social media asking me to compare the two. So under pressure, I've decided to finally include it here. Any angry emails towards me over this comparison will be promptly ignored, please be polite!

This series completely differs from the 2017 Diccolo420 dub of Kai in the following ways:

-The Diccolo420 dub is in lesser quality (128kbps audio and later 320kbps vs my 640kbps remastered FLAC source audio)

-My version retains the narrated recap and narrated title cards for every episode with the original Faulconer soundtrack

"The Saga Continues" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXZ12NiziBo

This is with the exception of episodes that did not originally start with a recap, such as episodes 77, 92, or 93.

-The Diccolo420 dub uses Japanese tracks that were never present in the original Faulconer run of DBZ. Mine will be 100% Faulconer ONLY except for the intros:

Intro 1, Prelude to Conflict by MajinBlue https://ssjbmajin.bandcamp.com/track/pr ... o-conflict

Intro 2, Funimation Home Release Theme by 94Stones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibR3-e9oVRg

And credits Rock The Dragon by Niall Stenson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsFuRFFOc8I

All of which are modern Faulconer / Funimation covers that match the new Kai intros and end credits. No Cha-La-Head-Cha-La or anything like it. The intro, title cards, credits music, and show music will all be Faulconer, essentially creating a modern all-Faulconer Kai dub, as if that's how the show would have originally come out in North America.

-As mentioned above I also do not employ dialogue replacement anywhere, nor copying sections of the original DBZ dub and trying to paste it into the modern Kai version, I retain the original Kai dialogue completely unaltered.

-My dub will also come synced to visuals and ready to go right out of the virtual box, same as Super, it as simple as click and play instead of mixing the tracks yourself like the Diccolo420 dub. And it will be available for both download and stream the same as Super was and still is.

These are just a handful of the many vast differences between the JC Dragon Ball version of Kai and Diccolo420's! There's no animosity, as much as the Dragon Ball community would like to see us kickbox each other. I respect his work and version, these are just factual differences between our dubs.

The series is currently at 133 episodes finished out of 167, but due to MASSIVE demand in light of the tragic recent passing of Akira Toriyama, I am releasing what is finished! Enjoy Kai with the Faulconer score as I complete the final few episodes! Completed episodes will be immediately available upon release to all viewers!

All tracks used are the property of their respective owners.

Email me at jcdragonball@outlook.com for complete access to the series!

CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER FOR A RESPONSE FIRST BEFORE EMAILING OR MESSAGING AGAIN, MY REPLIES CONTAIN IMAGES AND LINKS AND OFTEN GET SENT TO PEOPLE'S SPAM FOLDERS FIRST.

File Size: 150GB

Episode Count: 167

Total Runtime: 64 Hours, 11 Minutes & 56 Seconds

Video Info Episodes 1-98

Format: AVC (Advanced Video Codec)

Bit rate mode: Variable

Bit rate: 4.9 MBPS

Maximum bit rate: 7.4 MBPS

Width: 1440 pixels

Height: 1080 pixels

Display aspect ratio: 4:3

Frame rate mode: Constant

Frame rate: 23.976 FPS

Scan type: Progressive

Video Info Episodes 99-167

Format: AVC (Advanced Video Codec)

Bit rate mode: Variable

Bit rate: 4.4 MBPS

Maximum bit rate: 6.7 MBPS

Width: 1920 pixels

Height: 1080 pixels

Display aspect ratio: 16:9

Frame rate mode: Constant

Frame rate: 23.976 FPS

Scan type: Progressive

Audio Info

Language: English

Format: AC-3 Dolby Digital

Bit rate mode: Constant

Bit rate: 640 kb/s

Channels: 2

Channel layout: L R

Sampling rate: 48.0 kHz

Encoder: FFmpeg / Audacity / Lame

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FOR ORIGINAL FAULCONER DUB FILE SEEKERS:
I am only providing access to this and one other edit of Dragon Ball. I am not, nor will I be providing links, files, or instructions on how to find, access, download, stream or torrent ANY other Dragon Ball media (I get multiple requests daily, asking me to share the original Funimation/Faulconer episodes and more). I am not sharing any other content or information besides these two edits, so please do not ask for links, sources, or directions to any other content. My resources are limited and sharing these edits is already the maximum of my capabilities. Requests of this nature will now be ignored. I apologize for the harsh stance but the number of requests is getting out of control.