Was the potential of the old saiyan blocked?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Was the potential of the old saiyan blocked?

Post by Alkiser » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:03 pm

As we know the Saiyans liked to rely excessively on the Oozaru form, and they were sent to easily conquered planets such as Kanassa or Cereal, which is why they may have been so weak compared to the current Earth generation of Saiyans And as we know conquering planets without fighting does not, after all, lead to the zenkai boost which is their key feature of development.

And in your opinion, were the Saiyans of planet Vegeta so weak at their own request or simply the conditions were not conducive to their development?

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Was the potential of the old saiyan blocked?

Post by Trouser » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pm

They were "weak" because they didn't train. Son Goku is the only exception, he wanted to be the strongest and wanted to fight strong opponents. Vegeta started training only because he developed an obsession to beat Son Goku. He started training only after Namek's events.

Saiyans, as a race, were lazy bums, depending only on Oozaru's tranformations and zenkai.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Was the potential of the old saiyan blocked?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:06 pm

A number of Saiyans also weren't too powerful to begin with. Paragus actually even killed another Saiyan with a simple laser gun, so just because some Saiyans were born as Saiyans didn't make them inherently strong or special. Ginyu mentioned something about how some fighters may be mutants and are thus, stronger than others as a result. I think that describes how Goku & Vegeta(and Gohan & Broly too) are, aberrations among Saiyans; and I don't think it's a coincidence that they were, given that they all appeared when the universe required a fighter(s) strong enough to contend with Beerus as per destiny.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: